Rob Zombie's The Lords Of Salem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    Well if they put it in more than a few hundred theaters maybe people would be able to see it

I'm really excited for this... I may even drive to Milwaukee this week to see it.
    At least you get cinema releases. A lot of horror movies over here go straight to DVD. Even Evil Dead is getting a very limited cinema run. It's mind boggling.

This will go straight to DVD here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
      At least you get cinema releases. A lot of horror movies over here go straight to DVD. Even Evil Dead is getting a very limited cinema run. It's mind boggling.

This will go straight to DVD here.

What a load of crap... seeing a movie in a theater can really make the experience sometimes. At least home media systems have become much more advanced.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

What a load of crap... seeing a movie in a theater can really make the experience sometimes. At least home media systems have become much more advanced.
        Seeing a movie in the theater with a crowd only enhances the experience.

The Cabin In The Woods was going straight to DVD here but fans kicked up a huge fuss so the distributor caved in and gave it a theatrical run. Strange since the film was a hit overseas. The excuse we are getting with Evil Dead is that Sony pictures said that it's too hard to market an R rated horror movie, which is crap because loads of other R rated films have received a theatrical run.

Censorship all of a sudden, especially towards horror films, have become really strict over here lately. Fathers Day was actually banned but has since been released.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
          The Cabin In The Woods was going straight to DVD here but fans kicked up a huge fuss so the distributor caved in and gave it a theatrical run. Strange since the film was a hit overseas. The excuse we are getting with Evil Dead is that Sony pictures said that it's too hard to market an R rated horror movie, which is crap because loads of other R rated films have received a theatrical run.

Censorship all of a sudden, especially towards horror films, have become really strict over here lately. Fathers Day was actually banned but has since been released.
          Damn, I feel for you. Where are you from?

Zombie stated in interviews before it was released that it was made for little money (2.5 million) and it was always the plan to give it a limited release but hopefully expand.

It really is a film that doesn't care for the mainstream audience and the budget and release reflects it, can't really blame the distributor. It will comfortably recoup on DVD. Still though it is annoying if you can't see it.

Comment

• The Lords of Salem was okay I guess. I saw it Friday around 5:30 and maybe 8 people were viewing it. It felt like a late 70's movie to me, it made me think of The Sentinel but nowhere near as good.

I did see the remake of Maniac yesterday at the Panic Fest in KC and fucking loved it!

Comment

• The Lords of Salem was okay I guess. I saw it Friday around 5:30 and maybe 8 people were viewing it. It felt like a late 70's movie to me, it made me think of The Sentinel but nowhere near as good.

I did see the remake of Maniac yesterday at the Panic Fest in KC and fucking loved it!

Comment

• This movie is making it's rounds in the cyber world. I'll prob check it out tonight.

Comment

• Downloading this fucker now..

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                    Downloading this fucker now..
                    Report back with a review.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkav View Post
                      The Lords of Salem was okay I guess. I saw it Friday around 5:30 and maybe 8 people were viewing it. It felt like a late 70's movie to me, it made me think of The Sentinel but nowhere near as good.

You're from KC dkav ?

Comment

• Watching this in 30 minutes.

Comment

• Really enjoyed this flick, though I can understand why it divides audiences. My second favorite RZ film after The Devil's Rejects.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                            You're from KC dkav ?
                            Yep, in Lenexa, KS

Comment

• I really liked it. Definitely an audience splitter.

Some really stunning and disturbing images. And the score is fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                                Downloading this fucker now..
                                How's the quality?
                                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
                                X