Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie's The Lords Of Salem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
    Going to watch this again tonight. Kind of surprised that I liked it as much as I did.
    it's completely on my mind. puf, what did you think of the ending? [SPOILER]i thought it was just beautiful. the joy on the modern day witches faces combined with sheri's ascension just made me feel totally joyous, weird, i know, since she was standing on a mound of naked bodies[/SPOILER]

    2015 all-genre draft
    1. hero at large (1980)
    2. mystery men (1999)
    3. super (2010)
    4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
    5. batman returns (1992)
    6, spider-man strikes back (197
    7. the specials (2000)
    8. darkman (1990)
    9. supergirl (1984)
    10. defendor (2009)

    Comment


    • There was one thing I really liked about it, despite it was as a whole just a shitty mess in the end. That would be Sheri Moon's bedroom, with the giant picture of the moon with the capsule in it, originating from the very first movie ever made, "Le Voyage dans la Lune" from Georges Méliès. I saw that image first in "Hugo" from Scorsese.
      Zombie proved definitely some class with this.
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
        There was one thing I really liked about it, despite it was as a whole just a shitty mess in the end. That would be Sheri Moon's bedroom, with the giant picture of the moon with the capsule in it, originating from the very first movie ever made, "Le Voyage dans la Lune" from Georges Méliès. I saw that image first in "Hugo" from Scorsese.
        Zombie proved definitely some class with this.
        To me that is just another classic image Zombie has defiled and is now associated with shitiness, along with Mozart and The Velvet Underground.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rusted View Post
          To me that is just another classic image Zombie has defiled and is now associated with shitiness, along with Mozart and The Velvet Underground.

          Reconsidering, you have a point here. Ultimately making the whole film just a huge pile of monkey poo.
          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
          Scott Vogel from Terror

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post

            Reconsidering, you have a point here. Ultimately making the whole film just a huge pile of monkey poo.
            It all just feels very try hard.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
              There was one thing I really liked about it, despite it was as a whole just a shitty mess in the end. That would be Sheri Moon's bedroom, with the giant picture of the moon with the capsule in it, originating from the very first movie ever made, "Le Voyage dans la Lune" from Georges Méliès. I saw that image first in "Hugo" from Scorsese.
              Zombie proved definitely some class with this.
              Yeah the bedroom was great

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                Pretty boring flick. I don't think I enjoyed anything about this movie. The "disturbing" imagery was pretty laughable. I'd give this a 3/10 I think.
                [SPOILER]Like the priests or whatever they were jacking off dildos[/SPOILER] What the hell is that all about.
                "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
                  [SPOILER]Like the priests or whatever they were jacking off dildos[/SPOILER] What the hell is that all about.

                  that scene will haunt me for the rest of my life.
                  "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                    it's completely on my mind. puf, what did you think of the ending? [SPOILER]i thought it was just beautiful. the joy on the modern day witches faces combined with sheri's ascension just made me feel totally joyous, weird, i know, since she was standing on a mound of naked bodies[/SPOILER]
                    Well I thought it had a pretty downbeat ending, given that [SPOILER]she completely lost all free will and became a mindless vessel. At least that's how I interpreted it, given the white eyes.[/SPOILER]

                    Originally posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
                    [SPOILER]Like the priests or whatever they were jacking off dildos[/SPOILER] What the hell is that all about.
                    I figure that was meant to be a perversion of anything related to Christianity, sort of like the crucified pigeon was in the movie Prince of Darkness.

                    The Lords of Salem reminded me of Prince of Darkness insofar as they both have depictions of Satan that are very different from the norm.

                    52 Hookers and Counting....

                    Comment


                    • I think I might give this a rent because from what the good people of BD say this movie is horse shit.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
                        [SPOILER]Like the priests or whatever they were jacking off dildos[/SPOILER] What the hell is that all about.
                        I have no idea what that was about but it was pretty stupid. I laughed pretty hard when I saw it. I think Rob Zombie was just trying way to hard to disturb people and he failed miserably.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post

                          that scene will haunt me for the rest of my life.
                          well, there you go...

                          2015 all-genre draft
                          1. hero at large (1980)
                          2. mystery men (1999)
                          3. super (2010)
                          4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
                          5. batman returns (1992)
                          6, spider-man strikes back (197
                          7. the specials (2000)
                          8. darkman (1990)
                          9. supergirl (1984)
                          10. defendor (2009)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                            Well I thought it had a pretty downbeat ending, given that [SPOILER]she completely lost all free will and became a mindless vessel. At least that's how I interpreted it, given the white eyes.[/SPOILER]
                            see, i interpreted it as [SPOILER]her joyous ascension towards being a part of something greater, something that was poised to destroy the christian world. she just looked so beautiful and content, and the trio of modern day witches, who i loved, looked in a way that we would usually ascribe to seeing the light of christ. i thought it turned usual expectations upside down, and revealed itself to be a somewhat pro-satan movie[/SPOILER]

                            2015 all-genre draft
                            1. hero at large (1980)
                            2. mystery men (1999)
                            3. super (2010)
                            4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
                            5. batman returns (1992)
                            6, spider-man strikes back (197
                            7. the specials (2000)
                            8. darkman (1990)
                            9. supergirl (1984)
                            10. defendor (2009)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                              see, i interpreted it as [SPOILER]her joyous ascension towards being a part of something greater, something that was poised to destroy the christian world. she just looked so beautiful and content, and the trio of modern day witches, who i loved, looked in a way that we would usually ascribe to seeing the light of christ. i thought it turned usual expectations upside down, and revealed itself to be a somewhat pro-satan movie[/SPOILER]
                              Now that you say that, that's pretty much how I interpreted it, as well, but It didn't take me until the end of the film. The plot was entirely predictable, very basic, in the way the story is told. Lots of stupid exposition "hmm, I believe the Lords might be the LORDS OF SALEM!!" Well, no shit Mr. Professor, we figured that out when we put the movie on in the first place."

                              And I just think the movie went out of it's way, to stay artistic, and not show any gory moments, when it didn't need to. [SPOILER]That scene at the beginning, with the birth, was so toned down, imo. There's just screaming, and then a baby is just there. Even a silly movie like Wrong Turn 2 made this moment more horrifying. And then I guy gets beat over the head with a pan, relentlessly, and just has some blood dripping off his forehead. I for sure thought "here it comes, the big payoff moment, a guys gonna get his head bashed in"..... but nothing.[/SPOILER]

                              BUT. I was able to enjoy the film for its experimental visuals, and it's premise. I also loved those 3 witches, like you, Actually, I thought most of the acting besides Sherri Moons was consistent.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                                Now that you say that, that's pretty much how I interpreted it, as well, but It didn't take me until the end of the film. The plot was entirely predictable, very basic, in the way the story is told. Lots of stupid exposition "hmm, I believe the Lords might be the LORDS OF SALEM!!" Well, no shit Mr. Professor, we figured that out when we put the movie on in the first place."

                                And I just think the movie went out of it's way, to stay artistic, and not show any gory moments, when it didn't need to. [SPOILER]That scene at the beginning, with the birth, was so toned down, imo. There's just screaming, and then a baby is just there. Even a silly movie like Wrong Turn 2 made this moment more horrifying. And then I guy gets beat over the head with a pan, relentlessly, and just has some blood dripping off his forehead. I for sure thought "here it comes, the big payoff moment, a guys gonna get his head bashed in"..... but nothing.[/SPOILER]

                                BUT. I was able to enjoy the film for its experimental visuals, and it's premise. I also loved those 3 witches, like you, Actually, I thought most of the acting besides Sherri Moons was consistent.
                                She was so fucking bad in this movie, the bitch cannot act.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X