Rob Zombie's The Lords Of Salem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
    She was so fucking bad in this movie, the bitch cannot act.
    Ya, I don't wanna get on her too bad, I just think Mr. Zombie should stop putting her, in every movie. He'd benefit from it, product wise. Like someone else mentioned, he also needs to get some decent writers in his camp.

Comment

• Rob actually showed some directorial flair in Lords. Now that it tanked, along with his latest album, he has sworn to leave the horror genre and avoid horror themes. I'm sure he'll be missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by VampressTristine View Post
        Rob actually showed some directorial flair in Lords. Now that it tanked, along with his latest album, he has sworn to leave the horror genre and avoid horror themes. I'm sure he'll be missed.
        If you are the said ''Heathen'' member....I've been looking for you. Join my forum..it would be an honor. CountOrlok is already there speading wisdom. If you are not, my apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
          If you are the said ''Heathen'' member....I've been looking for you. Join my forum..it would be an honor. CountOrlok is already there speading wisdom. If you are not, my apologies.
          I'm new here, so if that's an inside joke, it's lost on me. However, if you need some help moderating your new forum, I'd be glad to pitch in (I'm assuming it's new because of your presence here).

Comment

• So from what I've been reading in this thread, Salem is a big steaming pile. I might watch it if it smears its way to Netflix.

He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".

Comment

• Originally posted by FukO View Post
              So from what I've been reading in this thread, Salem is a big steaming pile. I might watch it if it smears its way to Netflix.
              Read more thoroughly, some of us enjoyed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

52 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Rewatched this again today and appreciated it much more on the second viewing, as I suspected.

Not without it's problems, but the positives outweigh the negatives. Rob's second best film after Rejects.

Comment

Damn right.

Watched it at a friend's house for the 2nd time and liked it even more.
                    Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• I also consider it to be a pretty good witch movie (although its no Suspiria).

Come to think of it, compared to other horror subgrenres, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of good witch films.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
                        Rewatched this again today and appreciated it much more on the second viewing, as I suspected.

Not without it's problems, but the positives outweigh the negatives. Rob's second best film after Rejects.
                        Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                        Damn right.

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                        I also consider it to be a pretty good witch movie (although its no Suspiria).

Come to think of it, compared to other horror subgrenres, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of good witch films.

I settled with giving it a 7.5/10, probably will settle with an 8/10 after a few more viewings (as arbitrary as ratings can be sometimes). My 3rd favorite after Rejects and Ho1KC (largely for nostalgic purposes).

It's a fun departure in style for Zombie and is far more creative and interesting than pretty much every other modern horror film with even a tiny bit of mainstream appeal. I suppose I haven't thought of comparing it with other witch films, and yeah this HAS to be one of the better ones because I can't think of many. This actually would be a fun double feature with Suspiria....

Comment

• Originally posted by VampressTristine View Post
                          Rob actually showed some directorial flair in Lords. Now that it tanked, along with his latest album, he has sworn to leave the horror genre and avoid horror themes. I'm sure he'll be missed.
                          i dig his new album and loved lords. i hope he doesn't leave horror. he can take a vacation, but he best come back. horror is better because of him.

Originally posted by FukO View Post
                          So from what I've been reading in this thread, Salem is a big steaming pile. I might watch it if it smears its way to Netflix.
                          big steaming pile of awesome. either way, you should see it and decide for yourself.

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post

Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
                          Rewatched this again today and appreciated it much more on the second viewing, as I suspected.

can't wait to watch it again.

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                          Damn right.

really can't wait to watch it again

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                          It's a fun departure in style for Zombie and is far more creative and interesting than pretty much every other modern horror film with even a tiny bit of mainstream appeal.
                          YES!

2015 all-genre draft
                          1. hero at large (1980)
                          2. mystery men (1999)
                          3. super (2010)
                          4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
                          5. batman returns (1992)
                          6, spider-man strikes back (197
                          7. the specials (2000)
                          8. darkman (1990)
                          9. supergirl (1984)
                          10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• I'm surprised so many enjoyed it. I thought the whole thing was terrible. I really can't think of a single good thing about this mess of a movie.

Comment

I suppose I haven't thought of comparing it with other witch films, and yeah this HAS to be one of the better ones because I can't think of many.
                              The only other good witch films I can think of (although I'm sure there are others) are Black Sunday (Vampire witch?) and Halloween III: Season of the Witch (Conal Cochran is a warlock).

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                                I'm surprised so many enjoyed it. I thought the whole thing was terrible. I really can't think of a single good thing about this mess of a movie.
                                that's our boy robbie for ya: loved or hated, but never ignored. there's something about his work, and lords is an especially good example of this, that speaks to me. i find truth in it it, in his vision. lords was a clusterfuck of beauty.

2015 all-genre draft
                                1. hero at large (1980)
                                2. mystery men (1999)
                                3. super (2010)
                                4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
                                5. batman returns (1992)
                                6, spider-man strikes back (197
                                7. the specials (2000)
                                8. darkman (1990)
                                9. supergirl (1984)
                                10. defendor (2009)

Comment