No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie's The Lords Of Salem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was one bizarre movie,I really don't know what to make of it or how to explain it.It was definitely a tough watch for me,not in terms of it being a bad movie but because of how many WTF moments there were,and there were a lot of them.

There are some great visuals and some downright disturbing ones minus the midget or whatever the fuck that was,and the score was really effective too

Definitely could tell if was a RZ flick but he dialogue for most parts was very non zombiesh if you would.

Might need to try and sit through it again to get a better feel.
    Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

• Didn't like it when I watched it, now thinking about it more, I hated it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
        Didn't like it when I watched it, now thinking about it more, I hated it.
        It really is just an all around bad movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
          It really is just an all around bad movie.
          In a perfect world, Rob Zombie would stop being able to write his own movies and obtain a different writer because most of his films fail due to the fact that his writing is just obnoxious.

Comment

• The first 1/2 of the movie was pretty entertaining the second half and especially the end was a complete waste of time to watch. I am a huge fan of cults/covens and movies affiliated with satan worship or other satanic topics and dislike this movie beyond belief.

The devils rejects is one of my favorite movies so I can't hate on Rob Zombie's writing ability, in my.opinion Sheriff Wydell is one of the best anti heroes ever to be on the big screen.

Comment

• The Devil's Rejects is a absolute classic and I haven't yet seen an argument for why it isn't.

10/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                The Devil's Rejects is a absolute classic and I haven't yet seen an argument for why it isn't.

10/10
                I think 'House' was an all around better movie going experience.

Comment

The Devil's Rejects is a absolute classic and I haven't yet seen an argument for why it isn't.

10/10
                  TDR is by far Zombies best movie.

Comment

I think 'House' was an all around better movie going experience.

No.

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                    TDR is by far Zombies best movie.
                    Definitely.

Comment

No.

You see here, man. That's the wonderful thing about opinions: They're just like the holes in your ass, everybody has one.

Comment

You see here, man. That's the wonderful thing about opinions: They're just like the holes in your ass, everybody has one.
                        Yes but since when can we just say whatever the fuck we want and say it's an opinion as a defense? With that thinking I could just say Justin Bieber is the best musician of all time and say it's an opinion and nobody could laugh at it.

I respect your opinion but that doesn't mean I have to take it seriously.

Comment

Yes but since when can we just say whatever the fuck we want and say it's an opinion as a defense? With that thinking I could just say Justin Bieber is the best musician of all time and say it's an opinion and nobody could laugh at it.

I respect your opinion but that doesn't mean I have to take it seriously.
                          The fact that I personally think TDR is overrated is an opinion. Not once have I used it as a defense, we're here to discuss film and voice the opinions that we stand by.

Comment

The fact that I personally think TDR is overrated is an opinion. Not once have I used it as a defense, we're here to discuss film and voice the opinions that we stand by.
                            Yeah, exactly we're here to discuss film which is exactly why an explanation would be great. Nowadays people are just saying shit and using "It's my opinion" as their reasoning.

Explain yourselves

Comment

• Lords of Salem, House of 1000 Corpses, and the Devil's Reject are all awesome fucking movies.

HO1KC has an amazing visual aesthetic, awesome villains, and a great atmosphere that invokes the feeling of halloween-time and also has enough story to keep things interesting... Although the movie had a ton of production issues, the final product is one of my favorite horror movies (especially to watch around Halloween).

The Devil's Rejects is super grimy, stylistic, and bloody. Probably his most character driven film and shot in a way that makes everything seem very intense and "sticky". The dialogue is downright silly throughout this one (the use of the word "fuck" makes me blush in some scenes) but the payoff is excellent. A truly killer road movie with lots of horror elements. I prefer HO1KC, but this is an awesome movie.

The Lords of Salem is a welcome departure in style for Zombie, who tones down the ridiculous dialogue and over-dramatic actions of the character (and doesn't try to force feed the audience forced imagery and hidden meanings... I'm looking at his Halloween movies) in favor of a surreal vibe that doesn't offer a lot of logical answers or even a totally coherent story... I'm ok with this, because I feel the movie works as a fever dream. If Heidi is so confused by the things happening in her life, why should the viewer understand more? I like that idea, even if it isn't flawlessly executed by any means. In that understanding of the movie, the Lords of Salem is probably his most satisfying movie in terms of perspective. Although the small budget really shows on some of the special effects (which look kind of tacky... but for me that just adds to the entertainment value).

All of these things are my opinion, and if you don't like it, neat.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                                The Lords of Salem is a welcome departure in style for Zombie, who tones down the ridiculous dialogue and over-dramatic actions of the character (and doesn't try to force feed the audience forced imagery and hidden meanings... I'm looking at his Halloween movies) in favor of a surreal vibe that doesn't offer a lot of logical answers or even a totally coherent story... I'm ok with this, because I feel the movie works as a fever dream. If Heidi is so confused by the things happening in her life, why should the viewer understand more? I like that idea, even if it isn't flawlessly executed by any means. In that understanding of the movie, the Lords of Salem is probably his most satisfying movie in terms of perspective. Although the small budget really shows on some of the special effects (which look kind of tacky... but for me that just adds to the entertainment value).

All of these things are my opinion, and if you don't like it, neat.
                                The ending of Lords of Salem is about the only thing that doesn't really work for me in the film and I feel like Rob got bored and decided to end it with a completely nonsensical, sudden ending.

Aside from that, it looks great, acted well and has the RZ feel to it that I love so much. Atmosphere and tone is something that Zombie has never really struggled with and he's honestly great at capturing the feel of the location (Or dislocation in this film) in everything he does.

Comment

Working...
                                X