Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie's The Lords Of Salem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
    The ending of Lords of Salem is about the only thing that doesn't really work for me in the film and I feel like Rob got bored and decided to end it with a completely nonsensical, sudden ending.

    Aside from that, it looks great, acted well and has the RZ feel to it that I love so much. Atmosphere and tone is something that Zombie has never really struggled with and he's honestly great at capturing the feel of the location (Or dislocation in this film) in everything he does.
    I recommend you listen to his commentary track if you get the chance. I couldn't believe how many production issues he had and how rushed the filming was. Richard Lynch dying TOTALLY changed the plot of the movie. Zombie discusses a bit how they had to re-shoot and add certain scenes because they couldn't use any of the footage of Lynch (they didn't have any convincing way to end his plotline without him to finish the scenes). I think that's a major reason why the ending is so rushed an doesn't offer anything super concrete.

    I personally think the ending is interesting and leaves a lot to the imagination, but I would have loved to see how Zombie had originally intended to bring everything together.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
      I recommend you listen to his commentary track if you get the chance. I couldn't believe how many production issues he had and how rushed the filming was. Richard Lynch dying TOTALLY changed the plot of the movie. Zombie discusses a bit how they had to re-shoot and add certain scenes because they couldn't use any of the footage of Lynch (they didn't have any convincing way to end his plotline without him to finish the scenes). I think that's a major reason why the ending is so rushed an doesn't offer anything super concrete.

      I personally think the ending is interesting and leaves a lot to the imagination, but I would have loved to see how Zombie had originally intended to bring everything together.
      That makes a lot more sense and I actually appreciate it more knowing that he did his best to make it all come together properly.

      I would be fine with the ending being open to interpretation but I don't really see this flick getting a sequel and with that line of thinking, a little bit more closure would have been nice.


      Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
        That makes a lot more sense and I actually appreciate it more knowing that he did his best to make it all come together properly.

        I would be fine with the ending being open to interpretation but I don't really see this flick getting a sequel and with that line of thinking, a little bit more closure would have been nice.
        Yeah, I think given more time and money he may have been able to do something a bit more satisfying.

        But seriously, like or hate Zombie's movies, the man is seriously well spoken and is just so damn humble it's hard to hate his intentions.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
          But seriously, like or hate Zombie's movies, the man is seriously well spoken and is just so damn humble it's hard to hate his intentions.
          Definitely.

          I have a soft spot for people who genuinely love the genre and you can tell Rob is all about Horror. I'm sure he could have went on and did bigger things for studios but chose to do what he wanted instead. Have to respect that.


          Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

          Comment


          • I didn't care for this film much, although it is quite hilarious at times. The scene with Sheri Moon in the church is comedic gold.
            Last edited by Visitor Q; 10-03-2013, 10:57 PM.

            Comment


            • Has anybody here read the novelisation?

              There are differences between it and the film, but not many. They claim that the novel is based entirely on the original screenplay. If that's the case, I find it hard to believe that the ending we see isn't the originally intended ending. Both feel rushed and don't offer enough closure.

              Still, I enjoyed the film and the book. Maybe.... 7/10

              Comment



              • Comment


                • It's a good movie tho


                  Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                  I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                    It's a good movie tho
                    Well it's all opinion and mine differs

                    Comment


                    • Saw this for the first time about a week or so ago, & since have watched it a couple more times. It's a really well done film, though I'm not sure if I'd say it's his best film yet, but it's among his strongest work, no doubt.

                      I love the concept and execution, part of me just wishes there was a bit more.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                        It's a good movie tho
                        It's a piece of shit with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                          It's a piece of shit with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
                          i loved it. i also love how fucking polarizing it is, like many of zombies flicks. that's art tight there, man. fuck yeah!


                          If we suddenly fall should I scream out
                          Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
                          So frightened of dying
                          Relax, yes, I’m trying
                          But fear's got a hold on me

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                            It's a piece of shit with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
                            Great post bruh

                            Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                            i loved it. i also love how fucking polarizing it is, like many of zombies flicks. that's art tight there, man. fuck yeah!
                            You sound high..


                            Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post

                              You sound high..
                              i mean, duh.

                              but of course being high does not change the truth: lords is a beautiful, polarizing masterpiece that will be served by 20 or 30 years of people not holding (the brilliant) halloween 2 against rob. y'all will see...


                              If we suddenly fall should I scream out
                              Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
                              So frightened of dying
                              Relax, yes, I’m trying
                              But fear's got a hold on me

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                                i mean, duh.

                                but of course being high does not change the truth: lords is a beautiful, polarizing masterpiece that will be served by 20 or 30 years of people not holding (the brilliant) halloween 2 against rob. y'all will see...
                                I can see Lords being a cult classic in the same vein that House is now but it's not a masterpiece.

                                Rob has only made one truly classic film and that's Devil's Rejects. And that's coming from someone who loves Lords & his Halloween remake a lot.


                                Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X