Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie's The Lords Of Salem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I personally feel it's the worst horror film I've ever seen in my life, but I know my opinion may differ from others.

    Comment


    • It was shit.
      ― Jeff "Malodorant" Hale

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JeffMalodorantHale View Post
        It was shit.
        This is jawdropping news.
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Santa View Post
          This is jawdropping news.
          I had high hopes (unsure as to why), but was severely let down. I felt the subject matter could have been done so much better! There was a lot of potential there. However, it ended up being a shitty music video, with his untalented wife in the spotlight. Again, why I did not anticipate this being the case is beyond me. Thus far, I've only enjoyed his first two films. Everything else can be placed in the dustbins as far as I'm concerned.
          ― Jeff "Malodorant" Hale

          Comment


          • Got this from Netflix last week. Gave it 20 minutes and I had to stop it.....

            Comment


            • Rob Zombie can do no wrong in my eyes.
              What is an angel but a ghost in drag?

              Comment


              • I felt this movie was pretty damn good, especially if you view it on a psychological level. The visuals are fucking insane, especially for Zombie to have only had $1.5 million to work with.

                I'd say this is one of his strongest pieces of work yet.

                Comment


                • Something something witches. Something something relapsing junkie whore. Something something writer guy (blatantly woven into the plot for exposition) investigating Salem Witch Trials then gets brained with a frying pan. Something something Satan is half poultry/half dwarf. Something something dildo stroking priests music video finale.

                  Sum total: A whole lot of me not giving a shit.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MCRL View Post
                    I personally feel it's the worst horror film I've ever seen in my life, but I know my opinion may differ from others.
                    You should watch more movies.

                    Originally posted by JeffMalodorantHale View Post
                    It was shit.
                    Awful post.

                    Originally posted by Kwonkicker View Post
                    Got this from Netflix last week. Gave it 20 minutes and I had to stop it.....
                    Another awful post.

                    Originally posted by magentaskyee View Post
                    Rob Zombie can do no wrong in my eyes.
                    Stan.

                    Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
                    Something something witches. Something something relapsing junkie whore. Something something writer guy (blatantly woven into the plot for exposition) investigating Salem Witch Trials then gets brained with a frying pan. Something something Satan is half poultry/half dwarf. Something something dildo stroking priests music video finale.

                    Sum total: A whole lot of me not giving a shit.
                    Cynical bastard.


                    Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                    Comment


                    • I've joked about it being shit but I didn't really think it was shit, it was just ok imo, didn't love it but didn't hate it either it was just in the middle. Seemed like an excuse for Rob to try and cram as many disturbing or morally objectionable images into one film as he could and the end result was he probably won the bet but it didn't translate into a great film as a result. Besides he has to have something for his wife to do, she needs work. That's not really a knock of Sheri Moon, I think she's great it's just obvious that the doors of Hollywood haven't exactly burst open for her.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                        I've joked about it being shit but I didn't really think it was shit, it was just ok imo, didn't love it but didn't hate it either it was just in the middle. Seemed like an excuse for Rob to try and cram as many disturbing or morally objectionable images into one film as he could and the end result was he probably won the bet but it didn't translate into a great film as a result. Besides he has to have something for his wife to do, she needs work. That's not really a knock of Sheri Moon, I think she's great it's just obvious that the doors of Hollywood haven't exactly burst open for her.
                        Surely she's gotten roles offered especially after The Devil's Rejects & Halloween. I think it's more likely that she likes working with Rob but doesn't really love acting enough to go make it a regular thing.

                        And if we're talking about morally objectionable disturbing images I'd say his first three are waaaaaaay more unpalatable.


                        Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
                          Something something witches. Something something relapsing junkie whore. Something something writer guy (blatantly woven into the plot for exposition) investigating Salem Witch Trials then gets brained with a frying pan. Something something Satan is half poultry/half dwarf. Something something dildo stroking priests music video finale.

                          Sum total: A whole lot of me not giving a shit.
                          I'm with you.

                          This film was a total bore with a bonkers music video WTF finale.

                          Zombies worst film. Even his Halloween flicks are better than this.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                            Surely she's gotten roles offered especially after The Devil's Rejects & Halloween. I think it's more likely that she likes working with Rob but doesn't really love acting enough to go make it a regular thing.

                            And if we're talking about morally objectionable disturbing images I'd say his first three are waaaaaaay more unpalatable.
                            Did Rob Zombie once save you from drowning or something? You seem to have something snide to say to each members negative (and sometimes even positive) comments

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                              Did Rob Zombie once save you from drowning or something? You seem to have something snide to say to each members negative (and sometimes even positive) comments


                              Didn't say anything snide towards you. I was snide to the people adding literally nothing to the discussion.


                              Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                              Comment


                              • My only gripe with this movie is probably the ending. The build up is there, but it lacks a true climax...there's just too much confusion with the ending. Maybe that was the point but it doesn't translate well. Overall, I still think it's a damn good effort on Zombie's part.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X