X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
    What was she meant to become?

What was her purpose? I'm lost.
    [SPOILER]She gave birth to the anti-christ, the price of darkness. She accepted her role as the Mother and creator of the ultimate evil.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
      I really like this movie. It's just as flawed as Ho1KC but I appreciate Zombie trying something different. As for the ending, it doesn't bother me at all. It's kind of a trip down that rabbit hole and when we get back out we aren't really sure what happened. I've seen ambiguous endings that are just flat out lazy and I really don't think this is one of them.
      The actual ending was fine. The way it was put together was beyond lame. The montage, and the song were completely out of place. A more subtle approach would've worked wonders.

Comment

• The tone of this film was much more serious than I was expecting. To the point where I felt that it was less fun than House of 1000 Corpses or The Devil's Rejects. It still includes many of the things I've come to expect from Rob Zombie like an excellent score and casting of horror alums like Ken Foree and Dee Wallace. Meg Foster's performance as the witch was absolutely creepy. It also delivers on some very disturbing imagery and some interesting psychedelic visuals.
        Last edited by Art School Dropout; 06-14-2014, 11:47 PM.
        "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

• Originally posted by Art School Dropout View Post
          The tone of this film was much more serious than I was expecting. To the point where I felt that it was less fun than House of 1000 Corpses or The Devil's Rejects. It still includes many of the things I've come to expect from Rob Zombie like an excellent score and casting of horror alums like Ken Foree and Dee Wallace. Meg Foster's performance as the witch was absolutely creepy. It also delivers on some very disturbing imagery and some interesting psychedelic visuals.
          Lords is no more serious than the Halloween remakes. There may be less jokes and eccentric dialogue but the outlandish happenings and bizarre characters do keep the feel of the film from being overly grim as Rob may have intended it to be.

LOS may not be as "fun" as House or Rejects but it isn't trying to be. Not really fair to criticize it for that.
          Last edited by Se7en; 06-15-2014, 10:15 AM.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
            Lords is no more serious than the Halloween remakes. There may be less jokes and eccentric dialogue but the outlandish happenings and bizarre characters do keep the feel of the film from being overly grim as Rob may have intended it to be.

LOS may not be as "fun" as House of Rejects but it isn't trying to be. Not really fair to criticize it for that.
            Yeah I'm not a fan of Salem, but criticizing it for not being as fun as House of 1000 corpses? What kind of logic is that? Something like The Thing or Hellraiser isn't as "fun" as 1000 Corpses either but they're much much better movies.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
              Yeah I'm not a fan of Salem, but criticizing it for not being as fun as House of 1000 corpses? What kind of logic is that? Something like The Thing or Hellraiser isn't as "fun" as 1000 Corpses either but they're much much better movies.

Not very sound logic at all. The rest of his review was pretty positive so maybe he didn't mean it as a complaint. There are plenty of things to take issue with in that movie but the fun factor is not one of those things.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• It was so fun! Even my girlfriend liked it and she's a total pussy.
                "I killed 40 people. Man, I love that blood."
                -Richard Ramirez

Comment

• Originally posted by prettyHaightmachine View Post
                  It was so fun! Even my girlfriend liked it and she's a total pussy.
                  great av, great name, great post!

2015 song draft

the cramps - surfin dead
                  rob zombie - living dead girl
                  public image limited - the order of death
                  L7 - pretend we're dead
                  michale graves - dawn of the dead
                  patti smith - dead to the world
                  the pixies - dead
                  bukka white- fixin to di blues
                  omd - forever (live and die)
                  bif naked - i died

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                    What? Those films were plenty fun

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                      The rest of his review was pretty positive so maybe he didn't mean it as a complaint. There are plenty of things to take issue with in that movie but the fun factor is not one of those things.
                      I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought but those first two sentences were about my expectations before watching The Lords Of Salem being solely familiar with the other two films that I mentioned. They weren't in any way meant as a criticism of the film but it seems like you may have figured that out.

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                      Lords is no more serious than the Halloween remakes.
                      I've only watched the first one and it's been so long the only thing I really remember about it was not caring for it at the time.
                      "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

Working...
                      X