Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
    I thought this sequel was very entertaining, fuck the hate!

Comment

• Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
      It maybe an AVPR affair.. "oh that's cool, seeing my favourite monsters, and other cool homages.." but leaves you flat and disinterested.
      AVPR is a guilty pleasure of mine. Just perfect for when I want to see a silly, gory monster flick.

I'll check out Silent Hill. I enjoyed the first one and this looks perfect for a rainy day.

Comment

• Overall, Id say it was slightly above mediocre. It had some great concepts but some poorly executed ones. The story was pretty sloppy and unless you had Silent Hill videogame knowledge, you would be left scratching your head at many things. My wife understood most of the movie but I needed to fill her in on certain things that werent explained on screen so it fully clicked. I didnt hate it but definitely didnt love it. We both loved Pyramidhead fucking shit up, [SPOILER]albeit the end fight was a little cheesy[/SPOILER]
        , and the nice tits on the nurses. The first movie was a much better experience but will check this out again when the dvd gets released to see if my mind changes upon another viewing.

I also dont understand the route they went with the ending. Do they really plan on making another sequel?

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

• I loved the atmosphere and the creatures, but the story was so straightforward it was fairly predictable. The plot was much more WTFish in the first one and that added so much for me. It was still a nice visit to one of my favorite vacation spots.

Comment

• Out on DVD and Blu Feb 12th...

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...evelation.html

Looking forward to picking this up, very entertaining sequel!

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
              AVPR is a guilty pleasure of mine. Just perfect for when I want to see a silly, gory monster flick.

I'll check out Silent Hill. I enjoyed the first one and this looks perfect for a rainy day.

I never would have thought, of all people, you would like AVPR. Everyone seems to hate that film but I've always enjoyed it. A fun throwback to 1950's monster movies.

And far better than the first movie.
              Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post

I never would have thought, of all people, you would like AVPR. Everyone seems to hate that film but I've always enjoyed it. A fun throwback to 1950's monster movies.

And far better than the first movie.
                Just to be clear, you do mean AVP and not the original Alien right? I thought so.

AVPR isn't all that bad. It's mildly entertaining trash, with a mean streak a mile wide. For what it was, it was okay. I think what hurt those movies overall, were the CW-reject casts. The stories and FX were alright, but the cast couldn't sell water to a man dying in the desert.

The Matrix - Still pretty damn awesome after all these years.

9/10

EDIT - Whoops, thought I was in the film section. I can't judge this film until I see it. Critics hated the fuck out of the first moive as well, and I actually think it's quite a gem, with it's only real flaw, being some questinable acting. I'll rent this fucker when it's released.
                Last edited by Heretic; 12-14-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                  Just to be clear, you do mean AVP and not the original Alien right? I thought so.

AVPR isn't all that bad. It's mildly entertaining trash, with a mean streak a mile wide. For what it was, it was okay. I think what hurt those movies overall, were the CW-reject casts. The stories and FX were alright, but the cast couldn't sell water to a man dying in the desert.

The Matrix - Still pretty damn awesome after all these years.

9/10
                  Obviously the first AVP. I'm not that crazy
                  Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Working...
                  X