Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Edo View Post
    Silent Hill wasn't bad, but it wasn't my taste; the new one will no doubt be something I hate, but I'm sure it'll be something enjoyable for the Silent Hill fans out there.
    How you know that you're going to hate something when you have not already seen?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
      How you know that you're going to hate something when you have not already seen?
      Of course, there's no way to know for certain, but let me give you an example
      There's a reboot to the Hellraiser franchise coming out. It's being directed by Patrick Lussier and written by Todd Farmer. These formulaic filmmakers are the same people that worked on My Bloody Valentine 3D and Drive Angry 3D. Now, do you really think that reboot is gonna turn out well?
      Of course, it's not exactly the same case here, but I don't think the new Silent Hill is going to be any different from the first. You can never know for certain if a film is going to be any good or not, but it's easy to predict, and often times even predict correctly.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Edo View Post
        Of course, there's no way to know for certain, but let me give you an example
        There's a reboot to the Hellraiser franchise coming out. It's being directed by Patrick Lussier and written by Todd Farmer. These formulaic filmmakers are the same people that worked on My Bloody Valentine 3D and Drive Angry 3D. Now, do you really think that reboot is gonna turn out well?
        Of course, it's not exactly the same case here, but I don't think the new Silent Hill is going to be any different from the first. You can never know for certain if a film is going to be any good or not, but it's easy to predict, and often times even predict correctly.
        A fair and understandable argument.

        Comment


        • #34
          My gut says this will outdo the original. With both a Silent Hill and Hellraiser sequel on the way, I couldn't help but recall certain scenes from the first SH that were very Hellraiser-esque.

          Comment


          • #35
            More information:

            - Akira Yamaoka along with Jeff Dana have been confirmed as composers of the music for this sequel.
            - Martin Donovan will play the role of Douglas Cartland.
            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0233027/

            This is what director Michael Bassett, said a couple of weeks ago:


            Picture is pretty much locked, FX are all in process but as they’re 3D it’s taking a little longer than anticipated. Sound design team are working hard, composer is just about to come on board and begin, trailer is being cut over these next few weeks….

            Comment


            • #36
              As much as I loved the first film, they really need to study the games more thoroughly. Playing those games for hours can literally warp anyone's mind. I love it.

              youtube

              DeviantART

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by joe6panther6 View Post
                As much as I loved the first film, they really need to study the games more thoroughly. Playing those games for hours can literally warp anyone's mind. I love it.
                I agree, especially a game like Silent Hill need to study it well to achieve an acceptable adaptation.

                The director Michael Bassett has said on several occasions he has played the game multiple times and have studied it enough, and some of the comments that I could read seem to prove it thus, therefore I have hope and confidence that this film can be more than correct, at least I hope so.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
                  I agree, especially a game like Silent Hill need to study it well to achieve an acceptable adaptation.

                  The director Michael Bassett has said on several occasions he has played the game multiple times and have studied it enough, and some of the comments that I could read seem to prove it thus, therefore I have hope and confidence that this film can be more than correct, at least I hope so.
                  Thats what Christophe Gans said about playing Silent Hill as well and looked how that turned out.

                  Not saying that the Silent HIll movie was horrible but it could have been a lot better.

                  I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Chainsaw Suicide View Post
                    Thats what Christophe Gans said about playing Silent Hill as well and looked how that turned out.

                    Not saying that the Silent HIll movie was horrible but it could have been a lot better.
                    It could've been a lot worse too.

                    I think the only real weak spot in Silent Hill is some of the acting. It captured what Silent Hill is all about. Macabre imagery, and surreal atmosphere. Much like the games as well, the story was confusing and ambiguous, but had enough pieces to put most of it together.

                    We got a pretty good realization of the games. It's flawed, but unique, and I'm glad they didn't try to change it into some typical by the numbers horror/action flick.


                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I actually liked the first one, it was very atmospheric at times but the ending was a bit tad confusing. I'm looking forward to the next one and whenever it comes out I'll sure be going to watch it.
                      See my pussy here

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Source: Silent Hill 3D Revelation official facebook page.

                        There's news/gossip going around that 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D' has been pushed back so Silent Hill: Revelation 3D will have its place to be released in October 5th. This is not confirmed yet. First trailer is expected to hit early spring. Expect an official announcement soon.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
                          Source: Silent Hill 3D Revelation official facebook page.
                          Good news. I'd rather have a SH sequel than a TCM one, esp. after having read TCM3D's synopsis.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                            Good news. I'd rather have a SH sequel than a TCM one, esp. after having read TCM3D's synopsis.
                            Heathen... after many disagreements, we always find here, you and I ..think we're the only ones who look forward to the sequel. I also prefer this sequel.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I have no problem with 3d or another Silent Hill film. The first one was a PERFECT Western version of the games' greatness. 3D when used as well as in the last Final Destination or the stupid Piranha movie is a feast for the eyes and really ENHANCES the digital effects and gore that I'm sure will be in this film. This isn't some talky drama that doesn't need 3D. So I'm sick of hearing complaining before we even see what they have done.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                "The character I play, is blind. Totally blind. Been in a prison for 30 years. This pathetic creature, sorta scary! But it is sort of like your nightmares, really. Thereabout for the grace of God. He’s lived in the dark all of his life, basically. And he’s blind anyways so he has lived in the dark. But wonderful character, great scene! fantastic!

                                Visually it’s going to be stunning. Wonderfully directed, wonderfully shot. I think it’s going to be the best one."
                                Malcolm McDowell's experience on set of Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X