No announcement yet.

Don Coscarelli's John Dies at the End

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will have to look for this the next time I am out dvd/bluray shopping. Is it worth buying though?

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
      The beginning of this annoyed the fuck out of me, but it came around in the end. By then, my wife had already abandoned ship, saying it was too boring about halfway in. I agree with Cap that too much time was spent wandering aimlessly through the plot, but I think that's due to the fact that it was written as a serial, so the author was just trying to be funny chapter to chapter, rather than forming a cohesive plot. That's not really an excuse. I did think the plot eventually came together and produced a satisfying conclusion, but it wasn't my favorite. Maybe additional viewings will change my mind.

My grade = not great not bad
      Yeah, I pretty much did what your wife did. I became so utterly bored of it. Then I decided to put it on (starting from where I shut it off) and watched the rest of it. I wasn't too satisfied with the ending either.

My friend was assuring me to pick up the book so maybe I'll do that in the near future.

Bark Lee = Hero.

Completely Surreal Photos Of America’s Abandoned Malls