Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Coscarelli's John Dies at the End

Cool news:
    BUBBA HO-TEP director Don Coscarelli’s adaptation of David Wong’s book JOHN DIES AT THE END already had Paul Giamatti and Clancy Brown on board, with newcomers Chase Williamson and Rob Mayes as the leads (see previous item here). Today, several new cast additions have been announced; one is a Guillermo del Toro regular, and another is one of Coscarelli’s closest collaborators.

According to Ain’t It Cool News, HELLBOY’s Doug Jones (pictured, playing Roger North), Glynn Turman (the teacher from GREMLINS), BUBBA HO-TEP’s Daniel Roebuck and, yes, the PHANTASM films’ Tall Man himself, Angus Scrimm, will be in the movie. The story concerns a couple of college dropouts, John and David, who may—or may not, or probably not—be humanity’s only hope when an especially bad drug hits the streets. Stay tuned for more JOHN DIES AT THE END news and updates as they come our way.

Go Angus!
    Last edited by Caustic Coffee; 06-28-2011, 10:28 PM.
    sigpic "The dream you can't escape ALIVE!"

Awesome! Don Coscarelli is great!
    [YOUTUBE]HwA1yNpcTwA&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

I'll watch it but to be honest I'm pissed it's not Phantasm V.

Comment

Originally posted by Cause of Death View Post
        Cool news:the PHANTASM films’ Tall Man himself, Angus Scrimm, will be in the movie.Go Angus!
        This is cool news!
        sigpic
        Dr.Loomis:"Does anybody live here?"
        Sheriff Brackett:"No,not since 1963 when it happened-every kid in Haddonfield thinks this place is haunted."
        Dr.Loomis:"THEY MAY BE RIGHT."

Comment

I'm not watching it,the title already ruined the ending.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
            Yeah, I was a little bummed that Phantasm V wasnt coming down the pike too. Still, this IS a horror film (I read a better synopsis somewhere and it deals with a drug referred to as "soy sauce" that takes you into another dimension with each hit, and when you come back your no longer human) being directed by Coscarelli and featuring Scrimm, so I can't complain. Hope it goes theatrical.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodypacman View Post
              I'm not watching it,the title already ruined the ending.
              This just made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cause of Death View Post
                Yeah, I was a little bummed that Phantasm V wasnt coming down the pike too. Still, this IS a horror film (I read a better synopsis somewhere and it deals with a drug referred to as "soy sauce" that takes you into another dimension with each hit, and when you come back your no longer human) being directed by Coscarelli and featuring Scrimm, so I can't complain. Hope it goes theatrical.
                Wow, that sounds awesome!
                [YOUTUBE]HwA1yNpcTwA&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

If there is ANYONE that hasn't read this book, GO READ IT NOW. It's one of my favorite books EVER. It's fucking awesome. I bought it at my local Border's books in the Horror novel section. It's not hard to find! And how would you know the title ruined the ending?............. huh? Read and find out!

Comment

I'll go see the movie. I've been a fan of Coscarelli’s for a long time, and dig the guys style and direction. I still have yet to see the moutian road movie.

HOWEVER. . . . the book was crap. Hell It wasen't even a book. I remember reading it back around 2000 in the form of a web artical. Terribly written, no prose, a total lack of imagintive discriptions, and hard to make any kind of sense out of. Its almost as if William Burroughs were doing a adaptation of a david lynch film. The only part I thought had any value was the 'Video game' sequence. . . The Icing on this crap has to be the ending.

IMO it reads like it was written by a drop-out english major who was desperate to prove to himself he didnt need to finish school to write something.

Again, Im interested to see what coscarelli will do with the material. I trust the guys ability to make good films and if he thinks this matrial will translate will to the screen I'll give it another shot. based on my time with the source I have no expectations so the worst that will happen is I'll feel the exact tsame way I do now.

"And out of the chaos a voice spoke,'Smile and be happy, for it can always get worse'. And I smiled and I was happy, and things did get worse."

Comment

Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post

Same.
                      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                      Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                      My little idiot..

Comment

[YOUTUBE]1P0LmU4EwRM[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                          Looks interesting. May have to read the book sometime.
                          54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

as much as i love the phantasm series, especially the first 2, i really loved bubba ho-tep and beast master and other d.a. projects, so i say this looks awesome regardless of what it is. stellar cast, too!

If we suddenly fall should I scream out
                            Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
                            So frightened of dying
                            Relax, yes, I’m trying
                            But fear's got a hold on me

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                              Some really weird looking stuff in there...anyone notice the thing that looks like Vic Rattlehead? This looks very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X