No announcement yet.

YellowBrickRoad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's quite a shame to hear, as it looked so interesting.

Comment

Wow, I watched this a couple of days ago. One of the more "what the fuck" movies I've seen of recent.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
        Wow, I watched this a couple of days ago. One of the more "what the fuck" movies I've seen of recent.
        It's a shame, because it had that potential. Whether it was rewrites or just straight up ignorance, the meaning of this movie is lost to everyone but the director and screenwriter. I have no problem with open ended "What do you think happened?" films, but this was just shoddy with absolutely no hints to help you along.

Like I said, a shame because up until it stopped dead halfway through I loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by NSZ View Post
          It's a shame, because it had that potential. Whether it was rewrites or just straight up ignorance, the meaning of this movie is lost to everyone but the director and screenwriter. I have no problem with open ended "What do you think happened?" films, but this was just shoddy with absolutely no hints to help you along.

Like I said, a shame because up until it stopped dead halfway through I loved it.
          But, I wouldn't put it against the film because I really like it the more I think about it. I did expect to hate it, though. I just think the whole story was incredibly interesting to me.

Comment

I did enjoy this film...until the final 2 minutes. They lost me on the ending. Up until then it was unique, suspenseful, and you had no idea what was going on! However, the ending made no sense at all...yeah yeah metaphor...whatever! But what the hell happened?

Comment

Originally posted by El grifo View Post
              Dull, forgettable with a nonsensical silly ending. Kind of a Blair Witch Project meets Lord of the Flies hybrid.
              It reminded me of a David Lynch project. I would say it had a Twin Peaks/Fire Walk with Me feel.

The ending was a let down, but I enjoyed the journey down the Yellow Brick Road.

Comment

Beautiful scenery and a solid atmosphere, that's all this had to offer IMO.

The plot and the mystery were interesting, but I didn't really care about what happened to any of the characters and by the end wasn't even interested in what was behind any curtains, which didn't matter anyway because there really was no reveal. Shit, they didn't even leave it up to the audience to decide for themselves, because there wasn't much to go on at the end. And, the few fx that were in there were lame and weren't effective at all.

Average at best.

Comment

YellowBrickRoad - 5/10

I thought that this had real promise and it started well but I feel like when it got to its crescendo (haha) I thought it kinda fell flat.

I wouldn't mind seeing a prequel though.

Comment

The first 50 minutes are intresting then it just goes downhill real fast.What a waste.
                    sigpicMy , What big teeth you have.

Comment

I have to echo the sentiment of a few people in this thread.

It started off a little slow and I found most of the characters to be fairly unlikeable, with a few exceptions. Then things get crazy and I really enjoyed it..

[SPOILER]I was surprised when the guy just went crazy about the hat and killed his girl. It was unexpected and also a great scene. Finding her later as the scarecrow was also awesome. [/SPOILER]

Then.. that's it! The movie goes downhill after that, big time. I wish there were more references to the Wizard of Oz, to be honest. The one scene that referenced it was so good that it would have been great to see other 'references'. The ending was kind of awful, in my opinion. It seemed really disjointed.
                      "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Panic View Post
                        I have to echo the sentiment of a few people in this thread.

It started off a little slow and I found most of the characters to be fairly unlikeable, with a few exceptions. Then things get crazy and I really enjoyed it..

Then.. that's it! The movie goes downhill after that, big time. I wish there were more references to the Wizard of Oz, to be honest. The one scene that referenced it was so good that it would have been great to see other 'references'. The ending was kind of awful, in my opinion. It seemed really disjointed.
                        Hit the nail on the head there. I'm not asking to have my hand held throughout a film, but you have to make it possible to comprehend. The movie shined so bright in some places, it really ticks me off!

Would love BD to have a feature where they sit down with these producers and see if they can shine a light on why they got away from the nightmare Wizard of Oz thing they had going.

Comment

Wizard of Oz references

Well I do have some second thoughts on this film, particularly on how disjointed it is from beginning to end, but I caught a few Wizard of Oz references throughout. The part where they come across the open field, reminded me of the open field of poppies that Alice and her crew came across. Of course the scarecrow queen..lol. And thirdly, the final act when the wizard aka :[SPOILER]satan[/SPOILER] is revealed behind the curtain.
                          Either way it was a differently done movie

Comment

I really liked this film. It remained vague while giving any explanations but seemed pretty tight in moving things along and had lots of great shock value and an interesting set of circumstances. Pretty unique movie if you ask me.

Comment

My home state, still haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Liked the concept of it, but the overall ending didn't do much for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X