• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea, but the movie kinda lost me... it was boring
    Never trust a cop in a raincoat!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
      Wow, I watched this a couple of days ago. One of the more "what the fuck" movies I've seen of recent.
      What's your avatar from ?
      sigpic

Stalk me on Twitter @iamspoonbender

Comment

Just finished watching this. It does have a very 'blair witch' look, and feel to it for sure. The final ending segment is definitely a tint of 'angel heart' as well. I think the title of the movie 'Yellow Brick Road' is a play on the phrase 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions'. Keep this in mind, and the movie makes perfect sense.
        sigpic

Stalk me on Twitter @iamspoonbender

Comment

SPOILER
          I saw the let down of an ending coming, so it wasn't as harsh. I even told my wife not to expect a payoff at the end halfway through. There is just no way to wrap this good of a story up properly because we're all expecting too much. I enjoyed the film overall but can't go above a 6/10.

The first kill scene was good to me...fish hooking and dismemberment out of nowhere all through the viewpoint of binoculars. Something about the lack of sound and detachment from the macabre worked well. "Take off the hat!"

Can't decide if:
          1. They were all eating the berries and the entire supernatural event was a hallucination (not buying into this theory)
          2. Something happened as they first entered the theater and they never made it out.
          3. They entered into hell by way of New Hampshire

[YOUTUBE]pHFgt87p1CM[/YOUTUBE]
          sigpic

Comment

Hey man I hated this fucking piece of shit no good for nothing stoopid confusing movie. I didn't know what was going on half the time. There was too much going on. What a fucking let down.
            "Living in a world where vampires are the dominant species is about as safe as bare backing a five dollar whore."

KIK MESSENGER ACCOUNT: TODESQUEENCM

Comment

I thought this was pretty good. It was very unsettling. It wasn't the best, by any means, but it was different enough to hold my attention and pleasing enough to where I didn't feel that I'd wasted 90 minutes of my life.

7/10

Comment

bummer to see all the negative reviews of this move, looked interesting. may check it out anyway just to throw my 0.02

Comment

Originally posted by ReelyBored View Post
                  bummer to see all the negative reviews of this move, looked interesting. may check it out anyway just to throw my 0.02
                  If you like atmospheric horror, you'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
                    If you like atmospheric horror, you'll like it.
                    Sounds good, thanks!

Comment

Good to see some love for this little sleeper on here.
                      Personally I loved it, it fell apart at the end and some parts got on my nerves but it's the only film I've seen that uses sound as a psychological weapon and it does it admirably.
                      8/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
                        Personally I loved it, it fell apart at the end and some parts got on my nerves but it's the only film I've seen that uses sound as a psychological weapon and it does it admirably.
                        8/10.
                        I like the psychological angle so may def be interested in this one for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
                          8/10.
                          I agree. I was shocked without authentic and "full" this movie felt.

Comment

YellowBrickRoad is definitively creepy.
                            The use of sound is original and interesting and may be the movie's best selling point. Also, despite the lack of a clear plot, some very unexpected things happen. So, it isn't dull. The acting is surprisingly good as well. However, it's not terribly original and lacks a substantial conclusion.
                            It's like if the Blair Witch Project met a slasher movie, took mushrooms and then started randomly playing old 30s records while cutting itself.
                            I'd give it 7/10

Comment

Originally posted by Pnume Chomppsky View Post
                              The use of sound is original and interesting and may be the movie's best selling point. Also, despite the lack of a clear plot, some very unexpected things happen. So, it isn't dull. The acting is surprisingly good as well. However, it's not terribly original and lacks a substantial conclusion.
                              It's like if the Blair Witch Project met a slasher movie, took mushrooms and then started randomly playing old 30s records while cutting itself.
                              I'd give it 7/10
                              Love the comparison I'm sold on watching

Comment

Originally posted by Pnume Chomppsky View Post
                                I'd give it 7/10
                                Originally posted by ReelyBored View Post
                                Love the comparison I'm sold on watching
                                Makes me want tot watch it as well.

BD Selects are ok I guess. I fell asleep on Atrocious twice, so I probably won't be giving that another shot. Rambock was super boring. But The Woman was pretty damn good, and Cold Fish was decent, although way too long. I really want to see The Pack. I'll probably check out Phase 7, and YellowBrickRoad this weekend, since they are on netflix instant.

Comment

Working...
                                X