• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Creature Features View Post
    Looking forward to this!
    Same here. Will be there opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by NSZ View Post
      Between The Grey, Chronicle, and this...I'm going to have no money left.
      Me neither.
      I'm looking forward to this one. Looks quite similar to Sleepy Hollow.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

I saw the movie this morning and I hated it.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion View Post
          I saw the movie this morning and I hated it.
          Details? Why?

Comment

The early reviews that focus on the movie (and not Radcliffe as Harry Potter) are calling it scarier than most recent horror fare, like Saw and Paranormal Activity. I was expecting great sets and atmosphere, not scares from this, but now I'm intrigued.

Comment

Originally posted by Heathen View Post
              The early reviews that focus on the movie (and not Radcliffe as Harry Potter) are calling it scarier than most recent horror fare, like Saw and Paranormal Activity. I was expecting great sets and atmosphere, not scares from this, but now I'm intrigued.
              There is great sets and atmosphere, that's the only quality of the movie.

Is this scary? No fucking way.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion View Post
                There is great sets and atmosphere, that's the only quality of the movie.

Is this scary? No fucking way.
                Yeah, that's what I was expecting: eye candy. How bad is the CGI ghost?

Comment

I went into this today with high expectations and left very satisfied. The sets and locations were absolutely gorgeous, and the camerawork was, I kid you not, Kubrick meets Raimi. Don't expect a slow burn, as this doesn't waste much time.

Much appreciated was the minimal use of CGI for the villian (and those OTHER ghosts). There was a moment that gave me a Gage (from Pet Sematary) flashback.

Comment

It's getting some good reviews. Prob gonna check it out next friday.

Comment

I plan on seeing this tomorrow or sunday... without the kids... just me and hubby..

Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.

Comment

Checking this out right after Chronicle.

Comment

This would probably be a good play or silent film but honestly it looks a bit bland. A few jump scenes behind a child's scary story

Comment

Pretty good without being great. Very good looking movie and well acted but I was hoping for something a little more like The Ring and a little less than Insidiot, which I hated (lots of jump scares instead of a movie that sits with you).
                            [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIMj_tYfzsc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIMj_tYfzsc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

I saw this earlier! Here are my spoiler free thoughts in Video-format: The Woman in Black!

Short version: It's awesome.

A video review show dedicated to horror cinema.

Latest BSC episode (2/22/12):
                              The Gingerdead Man
                              Latest BSA episode (3/21/12): The Birds vs. The Birds!
                              Latest Vlog (3/27/12): The Hunger Games

Comment

Originally posted by Peterbryan View Post
                                This would probably be a good play or silent film but honestly it looks a bit bland. A few jump scenes behind a child's scary story
                                It does sport numerous jump scares, but as the saying goes: There are jump scares, and there are jump scares. The first one is utterly cheap and unnecessary, but thereafter they are of the highest caliber.

Comment

Working...
                                X