Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contagion (2011)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Visitor Q View Post


    I'm confused, I mean no disrespect, but almost every film I've seen you mention and like is mainstream. The few films you bring up that aren't mainstream, you hate. Plus all wrote in your post is "Mainstream". What does that mean, is that good? Or bad? I don't understand.
    Sorry; you have permission to kick me in the ass

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Edo View Post
      Sorry; you have permission to kick me in the ass
      I still don't quite understand. As I stated, I mean no disrespect, I'm just not sure what you are trying to say. I'll just drop it, sorry I bothered you.

      Comment


      • #18
        Directed by Steven Soderbergh ?

        Sold.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
          Directed by Steven Soderbergh ?

          Sold.
          I agree, man. Loved Solaris, and Bubble.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
            I agree, man. Loved Solaris, and Bubble.
            Add Che, the Ocean's Trilogy, and Traffic to that list!

            I love his work.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Visitor Q View Post
              I still don't quite understand. As I stated, I mean no disrespect, I'm just not sure what you are trying to say. I'll just drop it, sorry I bothered you.
              I realized that I was wrong, and I meant to admit it in my previous post.
              Anyways, I won't bother you guys any longer. This is meant to be a discussion about Contagion and it was stupid of me to stir something up in my first post.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                Add Che, the Ocean's Trilogy, and Traffic to that list!

                I love his work.
                I love how he diversifies between big budget Hollywood films and then small independent films he makes from the money from the big budget films.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
                  I love how he diversifies between big budget Hollywood films and then small independent films he makes from the money from the big budget films.
                  I agree. He's done a lot of interesting films. Bubble is a great example. I was hypnotized by it. I only watched it once and I feel if I watch it again I might dig too much into it. Pretty powerful movie.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                    I agree. He's done a lot of interesting films. Bubble is a great example. I was hypnotized by it. I only watched it once and I feel if I watch it again I might dig too much into it. Pretty powerful movie.
                    That's how I felt about his remake of Solaris. It gets so much hate, but I just felt like really... Alone while watching it? If that makes sense. It really makes you feel like you're isolated.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
                      That's how I felt about his remake of Solaris. It gets so much hate, but I just felt like really... Alone while watching it? If that makes sense. It really makes you feel like you're isolated.
                      I enjoyed his remake as well. It kind of felt like a "condensed" version of the original Russian film. Still very good (and great performances from all).

                      I don't know much about Contagion, but I'll probably go into mostly blind (outside of the trailer). Most of his films I go into blindly and end up loving. The Informant! was like that, it has some of the best dialogue ever as well.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Edo View Post
                        Mainstream
                        Hipster.


                        Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
                          Hipster.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I think this should absolutely be considered a horror film. This is a film that will actually frighten me, a film that will make me uncomfortable to be in public, a movie that will truly fuck with my psychological well-being.

                            I love Soderbergh's approach... his off-white color scheme makes it seem so surgical, and it subconsciously makes all of us who are so afraid of doctors offices and hospitals even more afraid, and his use of digital photography in this film is absolutely insane. The trailer alone made me feel like I was in the middle of this epidemic.

                            I can't wait.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Edo View Post
                              It was a joke.


                              Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I saw the trailer for this in front of FD5 and was completely underwhelmed by it. Outbreak Pt. Deux? No, thanks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X