Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contagion (2011)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Not sure if this has bee posted yet, but here is an amazing advertising campaign done for the film:
    [YOUTUBE]LppK4ZtsDdM[/YOUTUBE]

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
      I wasn't really wowed by this. The acting was great (short of Fishburne), but the movie just seemed to go through the motions of documenting a viral catastrophe. People were dying and there was looting and such, but there was a decided lack of tension in the plot. They were trying to exploit the scientific angle, but it sucked the life out of the action.

      It was interesting to watch, but I don't know if I was even remotely invested in the outcome. Other virus related movies like Outbreak, make this movie look kind of pedestrian.

      6/10
      Yeah, if you're looking for violence, this isn't the film for you.


      Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
        Not sure if this has bee posted yet, but here is an amazing advertising campaign done for the film:
        [YOUTUBE]LppK4ZtsDdM[/YOUTUBE]
        That is fucking awesome!

        Comment


        • #49
          I enjoyed it. Very interesting with the scientific/political procedure stuff and had some pretty creepy scenes too on the "general public" side of things.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by romanthemysterian View Post
            I enjoyed it. Very interesting with the scientific/political procedure stuff and had some pretty creepy scenes too on the "general public" side of things.
            Definitely.


            Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

            Comment


            • #51
              I finally saw this...i enjoyed it..got a bit freaked out.
              Jude Law's tooth was very distracting though....
              Awkward, morbid, and usually confused.

              Comment


              • #52
                so can't wait 2 see this shit! gonna be great!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by fancyfeast View Post
                  I finally saw this...i enjoyed it..got a bit freaked out.
                  Jude Law's tooth was very distracting though....
                  Yeah what the hell was with that? I was like, what is that stuck in his teeth?...wait...that's his tooth? Did they really need to do that? Was it really that important to the character?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    It really hit me a few days after watching this movie. It's really good.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by romanthemysterian View Post
                      Yeah what the hell was with that? I was like, what is that stuck in his teeth?...wait...that's his tooth? Did they really need to do that? Was it really that important to the character?
                      I know!! Like...I just kept focusing on that
                      Awkward, morbid, and usually confused.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by fancyfeast View Post
                        I finally saw this...i enjoyed it..got a bit freaked out.
                        Jude Law's tooth was very distracting though....
                        I never even noticed it.


                        Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Although chilling at first I thought the movie out stayed its welcome as even millions of people dying of the flu isn’t that interesting and I would have been more entertained if they had started to rise and chow down on the living or at least vomit up something unusual as they passed.
                          If you weren’t sure Jude Law as the dodgy Assangealike was a villain from his accent they gave him English teeth and appalling dress sense to reinforce the message. The film came over as propaganda for the CDC and the drug companies, though I was glad there was no religious subtext to the movie (I could perceive) and it will probably be a while before I start touching people on the bus again.
                          I wish World War Z might be made with the same gravitas as this film however I doubt that is happening.
                          Last edited by Dark Mark; 10-25-2011, 02:13 AM.
                          Join me in The Mortuary

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            "Contagion".....With a chilling doomsday scenario, "Contagion" is a gripping and disturbing film. Director Steven Soderbergh paints a frighteningly realistic look at a worldwide pandemic that spreads without warning, and its devastating aftermath.The film deftly moves around the world showing the victims, scientists, and investigators and how the crisis is affecting them. It also shows how quickly society can break down as scene after shocking scene of chaos and devastation are introduced and titled with the number of days since the outbreak of the virus. Soderbergh keeps you on the edge of your seat and doesn't give you a moment's rest. Characters are introduced and given just enough of a back story so that you understand their place in the film. Most heartbreaking is Matt Damon's role as a father who was watching over his only remaining child, going to great measures to keep her safe while also dealing with the death of his wife and the unfolding secret of the last days of her life. The cast is absolutely an A-List of Hollywood talent: Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Marion Cottillard, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, and John Hawkes are all impressive. Major standout is Matt Damon. A truly impressive array of stars in the film, some of whom play brief but significant parts in the overall story. However, the movie's strength is also its weakness in that with so many primary characters, there were some diverging story lines with that did not get fully fleshed out. Wonderful location shots,great art direction/production, and nicely done makeup effects also highlight the movie. A very captivating and gripping film!!

                            9/10

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                              "Contagion".....With a chilling doomsday scenario, "Contagion" is a gripping and disturbing film. Director Steven Soderbergh paints a frighteningly realistic look at a worldwide pandemic that spreads without warning, and its devastating aftermath.The film deftly moves around the world showing the victims, scientists, and investigators and how the crisis is affecting them. It also shows how quickly society can break down as scene after shocking scene of chaos and devastation are introduced and titled with the number of days since the outbreak of the virus. Soderbergh keeps you on the edge of your seat and doesn't give you a moment's rest. Characters are introduced and given just enough of a back story so that you understand their place in the film. Most heartbreaking is Matt Damon's role as a father who was watching over his only remaining child, going to great measures to keep her safe while also dealing with the death of his wife and the unfolding secret of the last days of her life. The cast is absolutely an A-List of Hollywood talent: Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Marion Cottillard, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, and John Hawkes are all impressive. Major standout is Matt Damon. A truly impressive array of stars in the film, some of whom play brief but significant parts in the overall story. However, the movie's strength is also its weakness in that with so many primary characters, there were some diverging story lines with that did not get fully fleshed out. Wonderful location shots,great art direction/production, and nicely done makeup effects also highlight the movie. A very captivating and gripping film!!

                              9/10
                              nailed it. this is a very effective dramatic thriller.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X