No announcement yet.

The Collection (2011)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched this last night... it could have been cool, but I wasted too much time trying to figure out the story line to get into the movie. I havnt seen the first one, so I might be missing something. But the ending seriously killed it for me.

Comment

Enjoyed the hell out of this. The ending rocked.

As awesome as the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
        Enjoyed the hell out of this. The ending rocked.

As awesome as the first one.

Awesome sequel.
        Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Definitely one of the best horror films of last year. Great sequel and I hope they make this into a trilogy someday!

Comment

I thought the first one was OK, and in comparison I actually prefer that film.

This one felt very rushed. It's all over in done with in less and an hour and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
              I thought the first one was OK, and in comparison I actually prefer that film.

This one felt very rushed. It's all over in done with in less and an hour and a half.
              The movie is like 75 minutes if you don't count the credits.

It was entertaining but I feel like they tried to be 10x more crazy and intense than the first one was and it all felt very forced.

Fun if you have an hour and a bit to kill though.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Ending

I enjoyed this movie a bit less than the original (concept was slightly old at this point). However I did enjoy it. The kills were fun in a SAW way. The killer just felt a bit hackneyed in this one. In the original he was a brilliant mastermind with unknown intentions. In the collection he was a mis en scene maniac.
                I thought the ending was fresh in that Spoiler's...

[SPOILER]Our protagonist confronts the serial killer on home ground. Meaning his house was not rigged up to kill. Therefore our hero can make easy work of him. It showed what some serial killers are like without the home court advantage. The house was intriguing as well, only hinting at the true nature of its occupant [/SPOILER]

Comment

Terrible. I really enjoyed the first one, thought the plotline was decent and the kills were entertaining but this one had the bare minimum plot, seemed rushed throughout, and the kills weren't that good. The entire movie seemed very lazy. Nothing good about it. Seemed to be made only to tie up the loose ends from the first one. I looked forward to this and am very, very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
                    Terrible. I really enjoyed the first one, thought the plotline was decent and the kills were entertaining but this one had the bare minimum plot, seemed rushed throughout, and the kills weren't that good. The entire movie seemed very lazy. Nothing good about it. Seemed to be made only to tie up the loose ends from the first one. I looked forward to this and am very, very disappointed.
                    I agree. I actually fell asleep through it and just now went back and finished it up. I thought the acting was terrible and the kills were nothing new. I think what bugged me the most was the buildings layout didn't fit what was going on during the film

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
                    Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                      It was entertaining but I feel like they tried to be 10x more crazy and intense than the first one was and it all felt very forced.
                      I actually enjoyed this a lot, for this very reason. A long Collector film would reek of self-importance. The quick pace and craziness helped it achieve the funhouse vibe it seemed to be going for - a quick blur of madness and then out into the light. I respect that the creators went at this without any pretense at all. Fun and tight - like the perfect date.

Also love how messed up Arkin gets in these films. Sheeeet, even Rambo or John McClane or even any of Arnie's characters never got a freaking [SPOILER]KNIFE THROUGH THE FACE OR A SNAPPED FOREARM[/SPOILER]

Despite the silliness of it all, I was muttering "that's cool" like every few minutes while watching this. I can't wait for The Collected!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McStuffin View Post
                        I actually enjoyed this a lot, for this very reason. A long Collector film would reek of self-importance. The quick pace and craziness helped it achieve the funhouse vibe it seemed to be going for - a quick blur of madness and then out into the light. I respect that the creators went at this without any pretense at all. Fun and tight - like the perfect date.

Also love how messed up Arkin gets in these films. Sheeeet, even Rambo or John McClane or even any of Arnie's characters never got a freaking [SPOILER]KNIFE THROUGH THE FACE OR A SNAPPED FOREARM[/SPOILER]

Despite the silliness of it all, I was muttering "that's cool" like every few minutes while watching this. I can't wait for The Collected!
                        I'm not saying it has to be 3 hours long but time to establish things would've been nice. Aliens achieved this perfectly and was two and a half hours long. The great thing about the first was it was super intense, and was tonally and atmospherically strong which is pretty rare to see these days. It's not often I get a character in a horror film I want to see succeed but I was pulling for Arkin the whole time.

The Collection, however lacks any sense of structure or realism, completely abandons the tension for gore & crazy shit and makes The Collector (the character) look weak and stupid.

Like I said, you can do way worse and it being just over an hour long is great if you want to watch something but don't have time to get invested. Just a let down after the first.

Comment

As much as I love The Collector I prefer The Collection. Fast paced and action packed with some really stellar kills. Josh Stewart is a fantastic anti-hero.

Great ending too.
                          Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

why in the name of Satan have I not seen this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                              As much as I love The Collector I prefer The Collection. Fast paced and action packed with some really stellar kills. Josh Stewart is a fantastic anti-hero.

Great ending too.
                              How is Stewart a anti-hero?

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                                How is Stewart a anti-hero?
                                Well he is a criminal.

Look up reviews for both films and you'll see him referred as anti-hero by several people. It's not just me.
                                Last edited by The Geek; 08-30-2013, 01:19 AM.
                                Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Comment

Working...
                                X