Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
    Well he is a criminal.

Look up reviews for both films and you'll see him referred as anti-hero by several people. It's not just me.
    I mean, he's definitely a criminal but wasn't he kind of forced to do it to save his ex or something?

Didn't know being a criminal automatically makes you an anti hero. Just a dude in a unfortunate situation is what I thought.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
      I mean, he's definitely a criminal but wasn't he kind of forced to do it to save his ex or something?

Didn't know being a criminal automatically makes you an anti hero. Just a dude in a unfortunate situation is what I thought.
      Would you consider Snake Plissken an anti-hero? He's a criminal who is forced into saving the president by the government.

Arken, a professional lockpicker, is forced into saving his wife's ass (who is in debt with loan sharks) by robbing a client's home.
      Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
        Would you consider Snake Plissken an anti-hero? He's a criminal who is forced into saving the president by the government.

Arken, a professional lockpicker, is forced into saving his wife's ass (who is in debt with loan sharks) by robbing a client's home.
        No, I wouldn't.

I consider characters like Walter White, Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver and Tony Montana more anti-hero like than a guy who occasionally robs rich people.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Well you're the only person I know who thinks he isn't one (Snake that is)

But I'm done discussing this issue.
          Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
            I'm not saying it has to be 3 hours long but time to establish things would've been nice. Aliens achieved this perfectly and was two and a half hours long. The great thing about the first was it was super intense, and was tonally and atmospherically strong which is pretty rare to see these days. It's not often I get a character in a horror film I want to see succeed but I was pulling for Arkin the whole time.

The Collection, however lacks any sense of structure or realism, completely abandons the tension for gore & crazy shit and makes The Collector (the character) look weak and stupid.

Like I said, you can do way worse and it being just over an hour long is great if you want to watch something but don't have time to get invested. Just a let down after the first.
            I get what you're saying and expectation is a major deciding factor in how one receives a film. I didn't really expect anything from this movie because though I liked the first one, it seemed a bit silly to me. I was happy the creators recognized what they were dealing with here and just went nuts and kept it short - it was a nice return of investment. As far as expecting the film to keep it tense and serious, well we are talking about the creators of some of the Saw sequels...

Anyways, I thought this was a blast and watched it again. Definitely pure junk food making for a good midnight snack.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McStuffin View Post
              Anyways, I thought this was a blast and watched it again. Definitely pure junk food making for a good midnight snack.
              Agreed

Comment

Working...
              X