The ABC'S Of Death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best:
    L libido - Great job to put so much insanity in a few minutes and stay fascinating. The relationship men-women is awesome
    D dog fight - Great looks and sound, a few ugly fucks there but it's the little boy who rules.
    X XXL - Disturbing and a brilliant soundtrack like a mix of Philosophy of a Knife and Psycho (and both titles/names are in some way related to the short but that would be coincidence I guess)

Good:
    A apocalypse - straight violence from the start, perfect opening
    I ingrown - simple but nasty
    O orgasm - the typical Amer-style, very nice
    R removed - atmospheric, mysterious and groce
    S speed - great metaphor!
    T toilet - funny and gore
    U unearthed - original point of view... loved it.
    Z what would the makers of W (WTF) think when they saw Z

Average / okay: B, C, E, F, J, V and Y
    Mneh / rubbish: G, H, K, M, N, P, W and Q
    (what's happening with Wingard, had a weak contribution to V/H/S as well).

Overall: 7,5/10. Or something...
    Too bad many shorts werent 'horror enough'.
    1. The Big Lebowski
    2. The Shining
    3. Martyrs
    4. Session 9
    5. Irréversible
    6. Apocalypse Now
    7. No Country for Old Men
    8. Eyes Wide Shut
    9. Boot, Das
    10. Pi

>> my youtube channel <<

Comment

The ABC's Of Death

Heard a lot of mixed things, likley due to the whole thing being very fucking mixed. It was VERY 'meh'. D, H, I, L, S, T, X, Y and Z were the only ones I thought were disturbing or loved. There were a few ones that were 'ok' or had a cool idea but just fail. C, is one of those as with R. I love the entire concept, but it isn't used right. It needs to pick a overall tone. It can't go from something TROMA would do, to being some Cronoberg type thing. It needs an over all feel to keep a steady flow. I do hope a sequel fixes things up. Great concept, but seeing how I only loved 9 of the 26, I can say it failed. 4/10
      A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

Obviously not every segment was gold, but because they were all quick enough none of the lesser segments tarnished the enjoyment I got out of the better ones. A very solid anthology, and I'm hoping they do another. =)

Latest BSC: Slumber Party Massacre Review
        Latest BSA: The Mist (Stephen King) vs. The Mist (Frank Darabont) Part I & Part II
        Latest BSVlog: Storage 24 Review
        Latest FNFF: Maniac (2013) Review

Comment

Originally posted by TheHorrorGuru View Post
          Obviously not every segment was gold, but because they were all quick enough none of the lesser segments tarnished the enjoyment I got out of the better ones. A very solid anthology, and I'm hoping they do another. =)
          2014 bro.
          A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
            2014 bro.
            Sounds good to me.

Latest BSC: Slumber Party Massacre Review
            Latest BSA: The Mist (Stephen King) vs. The Mist (Frank Darabont) Part I & Part II
            Latest BSVlog: Storage 24 Review
            Latest FNFF: Maniac (2013) Review

Comment

Originally posted by TheHorrorGuru View Post
              Sounds good to me.
              Comes up in the credits;

"More ABC's Of Death coming 2014" or something similar to that.

I suppose having it there and it actually happening are two different things though. The concept has a shitload of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
                Comes up in the credits;

"More ABC's Of Death coming 2014" or something similar to that.

I suppose having it there and it actually happening are two different things though. The concept has a shitload of potential.
                Yeah that's the thing... it's a hard movie to say "I hope they don't make more" to.... Honestly the idea is awesome and I'll gladly see another one. Maybe one day we can make our own fan edits of all of our favorites that spell out words or something. haha

Comment

Working...
                X