The Descent (2005)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heretic
    Apparently, the american release of The Descent will have a different ending.
    Here's the news:

http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/i...ticle&sid=4480

I don't have the DVD, so my question is, is there an alternate ending on it? Is it any good? The original ending is perfect, I don't know why they would change it.
    The ending on the DVD is the same as the one that was shown in theatres...

My guess is that the new ending will be:

SPOILER:

Sarah escapes in the car...So her staying and seeing her daughter there will probably be gone...

And by the way....The Descent is one of the best horror movies in recent years and blows away all the over praised crap America has been putting out...Especially both films by Rob Zombie...

Comment

Originally posted by N2NOther
      And by the way....The Descent is one of the best horror movies in recent years and blows away all the over praised crap America has been putting out...Especially both films by Rob Zombie...
      There's no justice if this doesnt get a theatrical release....

Comment

Originally posted by XcentrickSalo
        Good God this film is one of the better horror films of the past 2 years or so... I mean I think Devil's Rejects is overrated and Hostel was fun (no horror jsut psychological) whereas this was something fun... after seeing Dog Soldiers I was just looking forward to this sonofabitch.

8/10 and then some

-XS
        Hostel is just psychological? What about the torture?

Comment

I liked the descent it was good and scary and one of the best horrors i have seen.

Could you kill your best friend?

Comment

I'm downloading it as i type, so i'll see what i think.

Comment

Originally posted by deadhead33
              I'm downloading it as i type, so i'll see what i think.
              I think you will like it

Could you kill your best friend?

Comment

Yes, its amazing, i actuallly agree with everything you said. its all true I am going to pick up my copy of the Descent region 2 tommorow, I have it on hold at some store in Manhattan, will mots likely leave with that plus 2 or 3 other movies. this fucking store is addicting they got every fucking movie you can imagine. im going to be in and out as quick as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by kenada
                  Hostel is just psychological? What about the torture?
                  There is nothing psycological about Hostel or any of Zombies films, I dont what the fuck he/she is talking about. All them films rely on violence and foul language, except Hostel. Hostel rely's on violence, foul language and plenty of titties .

Comment

I really thought more of Lions Gate than this.
                    Movie Ratings:
                    Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
                    Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
                    Lethal Weapon - 8/10
                    The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
                    The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

Another Cave Movie

My cousin worked on this movie down in Kentucky,and Im helping to promote it--it's yet another "set in a cave" movie, but it looks to be more "Blair Witch" than the Cave or the Descent, which could be really scary. Anyway, check it out for yourself--it's not really a horror movie, more like a regular thriller, but I still can't wait to see it. For those of you who are tired of monsters in caves--this one might be pretty cool.

www.undergroundthemovie.com

Comment

Originally posted by floydcollins26. For those of you who are tired of monsters in caves--this one might be pretty cool.

[url
                        www.undergroundthemovie.com[/url]
                        You talk like there has been a huge over abundance of these movies, and its only 2 that I can think of with The Descent being awesome and The Cave being pure crap, I fell asleep watching it and it was a saturday night at a friends house, actually still quit ealy about 7 pm, tahts how bad it sucked.

Plus what the difference, if those who are sick of monsters in a cave do you really think ghosts in a cave is that much of a difference. Its still in a cave, I dont get it. :confused:

Comment

The ending on the DVD is the same as the one that was shown in theatres...

My guess is that the new ending will be:

SPOILER:

Sarah escapes in the car...So her staying and seeing her daughter there will probably be gone...

Boy am I ever glad that I decided to pick up the region 2 disc a few months back. Hopefully the Lionsgate DVD release will have both versions.
                          sigpic
                          If you could see inside my head - you'd run
                          http://never-ready.dvdaf.com/owned
                          Sig by rayzorsharp

Comment

I one im downloading has a label of 2005 so its probably a rip from the region 2 DVD.

Its almost done, i cant wait !!!

Comment

I dont understand why they will be changing the ending for american theaters. I thought the ending fit in nicely on the R2 dvd.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

Holy fucking shit wow !!

I...love...this...movie. I'm unable to express myself without sounding foolish ! The Thing,Aliens, and a whole shit load of awsome rolled into an amazing true to form, original horror film. There is no more to say other than SEE IT !

10/10 !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X