No announcement yet.

The Descent (2005)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the few horror movies out there that has legitimately scared me. I had the pleasure of seeing this in theaters when it was released in the states.
    54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
      One of the few horror movies out there that has legitimately scared me. I had the pleasure of seeing this in theaters when it was released in the states.
      Damn. You are so lucky. I just realized that I have never seen a good horror film in theaters.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleBarreledShotgun View Post
        Damn. You are so lucky. I just realized that I have never seen a good horror film in theaters.
        Sad thing was, I was like the only person in the theater.

Comment

• One of the scariest scenes in a horror movie from the past ten years was the part where the video camera is in night vision mode and looks over the group of girls, to find one of the 'monsters' standing beside one of them.

Just directed perfectly.

This was a pretty good movie that was able to portray a claustrophobic effect quite well.
          "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

• This has to be one of my favourite films of recent years. It is a simple idea done well and wonderfully conveys the sense of claustrophobia and growing dread. I much prefer the bleaker European ending which really makes the idea of a sequel a little redundant.
            Join me in The Mortuary

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Mark View Post
              This has to be one of my favourite films of recent years. It is a simple idea done well and wonderfully conveys the sense of claustrophobia and growing dread. I much prefer the bleaker European ending which really makes the idea of a sequel a little redundant.
              I hate how the American cut tried to end on a jump scare.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                I hate how the American cut tried to end on a jump scare.
                Yeah I was watching this on ifc last night and they used the US ending. My thoughts for the following 26 seconds after it ended went something like this:

[youtube]SP_9zH9Q44o[/youtube]
                sigpic

Comment

• Not one of my favorite horror movies like most people on this site, but I still love this movie.

Comment

• I love this movie! It was one of those movies I spent most of the movie yelling at every one on the screen, lol. Its also one of those movies which made me VOW to never go in a cave. However that cheap scare at the end made me feel like it was just being set up for a sequel. I wish movies would be a little more subtle about that...

Comment

• Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
                      I love this movie! It was one of those movies I spent most of the movie yelling at every one on the screen, lol. Its also one of those movies which made me VOW to never go in a cave. However that cheap scare at the end made me feel like it was just being set up for a sequel. I wish movies would be a little more subtle about that...
                      That's why I like the UK cut better. That pan-out from the cave is an awesome shot and I like how you can hear the crawlers closing-in. It's much better than ending on that jump scare.

I love the hell out of this movie. I credit it with re-invigorating my love for horror movies because when it came out, I hadn't seen one in the theaters for a long time prior.

Comment

Working...
                      X