No announcement yet.

Lake Placid (1999)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crocodiles truly can reach that size. I saw footage of a Nile croc that made the hippos look practically the size of sheep. It was a man eater too and giving the locals lots of trouble. The premise is being used for the upcoming film Primevil.
    Movie Ratings:
    Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
    Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
    Lethal Weapon - 8/10
    The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
    The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

truly enjoyable movie, i totally loved the jumpy part with the grizzley, and the beginning was awsome. Like Jaws with an alligator.

Comment

Originally posted by ZOMBIE COMMANDO
        I can't believe so many people dig it. I hated it. I thought it was a boring, derivative, brainless trash.....which I normally like just not in this film's case.
        I wasn't too pleased with the release of Lake Placid either...I did like one thing, though

"When I was a kid, I had this reoccuring dream that the guys in the neighborhood would use my head as a soccer ball, but I was just happy to be in the game...I would go home and my mom wouldn't let me come in the house because I'd knock everything over"
        If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself. If you want to know the theory and methods of revolution, you must take part in revolution. All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience.-
        Mao Zedong

Comment

Originally posted by I am a HORROR movie!!!
          Oliver Platt was great in this movie. Every scene with him and Gleeson interacting is hilarious. The movie had some nice shocks to...

*******SPOILERS********

The Bear getting eatin
          The Helicopter being pulled under
          The SECOND shark
          the deputy's severed head

******END SPOILERS******

Again, i love this HIGHLY underappreciated gem
          There was a 2nd Shark??????? I wasn't aware of a 1st shark.
          Ha ha ha ha
          Great little flick, watch it over and over again, Mr Platt is funny as and the effects are great, good fun mindless carnage.
          XBL - Zombie Dime
          GTA V
          Borderlands 2

Comment

underrated movie for sure. I really enjoyed it!
            N e o B i x

Lord Katsumoto: "Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"

Cpt. Nathan Algren: "I think a man does what he can... until his destiny is revealed to him."

(The Last Samurai, 2003)

Comment

Lake Placid was a kick ass movie very funny and Betty White's cameo was utterly hilarious
              "You'll never get credit for my discovery, Who's going to believe a talking head, Get a job in a sideshow"
              d.r Herbert West.

http://www.myspace.com/iwantamilf

Comment

I liked Lake Placid, but it definately was a Crocodile. haha

Comment

A guilty pleasure. Dumb mindless crocidile fun.

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SAY GO!"

Comment

I only saw it for the first time last night. I'd kind of avoided it since it looked like one of those movies that could be described as "so bad it's good" but was pleasantly surprised to find it a well written, witty comedy horror flick. Had some quality belly laughs and the croc looked really good (even the CGI scenes were pretty good). I though Platt and Fonda were particularly good in this.

MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Sykopaf
                      I only saw it for the first time last night. I'd kind of avoided it since it looked like one of those movies that could be described as "so bad it's good" but was pleasantly surprised to find it a well written, witty comedy horror flick. Had some quality belly laughs and the croc looked really good (even the CGI scenes were pretty good). I though Platt and Fonda were particularly good in this.
                      Glad you enjoyed it. This film got absolutely NO publicity at all on it's release and it's a fucknig classic in my books. Gleeson rules
                      2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
                      Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
                      I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
                      Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
                      Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
                      Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
                      Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
                      The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
                      Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
                      Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

This movie was pretty good. I didn't mind it at all. It was just what I tought it was going to be and the croc was somewhat real looking. So I give it a thumbs up

Comment

Wow, I haven't seen this film since it came out.

Anyways, I couldn't find a thread for the sequel so here is some news some of you might be interested on:

Lake Placid 2
                          Premieres on SCi-FI on Satruday April 28th.
                          It’ll be presented at 9 p.m. and 1 a.m., and then again on Thursday, May 3 at 9 p.m.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

Poor John Schneider is in the sequel too. Must have needed a job badly after getting fired from Smallville. And the fact that it's premiering on Sci Fi before it hits DVD is already what I need to know to avoid it.

Comment

Betty White cussing = Best part of this movie for sure.

Comment

Wow. I'm surprised other people liked this. I thought this was one of those movies you never admit to liking. Spoiler: When the guy is leaning out of the boat and gets his head bitten off is great.

Comment

Working...
                                X