Lake Placid (1999)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Placid (1999)

What can i say? I loved it.... I really did. I was shocked sometimes, then others i was laughing my hole off, example ''That's it! I keep getting hit by heads!'' and ''Oooh, can she stay? We were hoping to mate?'' This is a fantastic horror comedy and i just wanted to know what people thought of it?
    2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
    Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
    I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
    Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
    Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
    Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
    Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
    The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
    Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
    Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

I haven't seen it in a while. I remember I like it a lot. Definitely funny as hell. Nothing beats Betty White cursing.

"If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it."

Such a classic.

I enjoyed it, I like some dark comedy mixed with my horror.
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...john+doe+se7en

TOP 20 ALL-TIME (at present time)

http://www.ymdb.com/se7en11/l40364_ukuk.html

Comment

thats true betty white cursing is always good.it was a good movie not scary but funny and the alligator was cool as hell
      Luca Brasi: Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your home on the wedding day of your daughter. And may their first child be a masculine child.
      [then, starting over]

Comment

I liked it. Made me laugh, made the girlfriend jump.

Comment

I love it, I own it and I watch it all the time.

Great Horror/Comedy with moments that you shouldn't really laugh at, such as SPOILER when one of the officer's head is bitten off and the bear is eaten SPOILER but I laughed my head off anyway.

Betty White is hilarious, and the crocodile looks great

Comment

I also really like this movie. Picked it up for $5 and its worth every penny. Great looking alligator and its been mentioned, but Betty White saying "If I had a dick, this is where Id tell you to suck it" had me rolling on the floor.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

i love this movie, especially oliver platt, i've never not laughed at one of his roles(he killed in the ice harvest), the alligator was kick ass too, it was nice to see another beast aside from the great white get some respect.

Yep....that's in chapter 9, verse 10. "Thall shalt not fuck with Raptor Jesus"

"Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

Comment

Originally posted by zombie_freak13
                the alligator was kick ass too, it was nice to see another beast aside from the great white get some respect.
                Agreed, the animal looking so real topped this movie off perfectly.

Comment

Oliver Platt was great in this movie. Every scene with him and Gleeson interacting is hilarious. The movie had some nice shocks to...

*******SPOILERS********

The Bear getting eatin
                  The Helicopter being pulled under
                  The SECOND shark
                  the deputy's severed head

******END SPOILERS******

Again, i love this HIGHLY underappreciated gem
                  2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
                  Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
                  I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
                  Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
                  Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
                  Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
                  Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
                  The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
                  Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
                  Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

Originally posted by John Doe Se7en
                    I enjoyed it, I like some dark comedy mixed with my horror.
                    So, it's "your" horror huh? It's only YOUR'S it only belongs to you? Is that what your trying to say? I suggest you edit your post. *sighs* Anywayyyy, yes this movie is such a classic. Very funny lines. The Betty White cameo was hilarious.

Comment

I can't believe so many people dig it. I hated it. I thought it was a boring, derivative, brainless trash.....which I normally like just not in this film's case.

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorManiac
                        So, it's "your" horror huh? It's only YOUR'S it only belongs to you? Is that what your trying to say? I suggest you edit your post. *sighs* Anywayyyy, yes this movie is such a classic. Very funny lines. The Betty White cameo was hilarious.
                        Yep, it's all mine (j/k).

I meant in what I like when I said: my horror.
                        http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...john+doe+se7en

TOP 20 ALL-TIME (at present time)

http://www.ymdb.com/se7en11/l40364_ukuk.html

Comment

While not great by any stretch of the imagination, Lake Placid is thoroghly entertaining. Pretty good gore, some laughs, and some big crocodiles.

Comment

I saw this years ago, it was pretty good. I liked Alligator better though

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Sawyer
                              I saw this years ago, it was pretty good. I liked Alligator better though
                              Haha... hell yeah Alligator was awesome, Alligator II on the other hand was a big peice of shit (stock alligator footage, and a unnecessary car chase, etc)

"I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object." David St. Hubbins- Spinal Tap

Comment

Working...
                              X