Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lindsay Lohan - they're all going to laugh at you

Comment

I will support Lindsey just because no one else will. So.... meh!

Comment

Originally posted by Anton Crowley View Post
        Tbh I really don't mind her, she's hot as hell and comes across very likeable onscreen but L.L as Carrie White???

Comment

Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
          Tbh I really don't mind her, she's hot as hell and comes across very likeable onscreen but L.L as Carrie White???
          Not necessarily for this role, I'd just like to see her redeem herself. She's just one big punchline right now.

Comment

I saw her boobies in playboy

I wasn't aware she still could act.

Comment

Oy vey....such a lost cause!

Comment

Originally posted by Vivian62 View Post
                Oy vey....such a lost cause!
                No one is a lost cause! People can change! Just look at Rocky IV..... they started cheering for Rocky instead of Drago and he single handedly ended the cold war. Anything is possible.

Comment

You know, it's really bad enough that they feel we need yet another remake of any movie when there's so many excellent novels out there. And then to put Lindsey Lohan in the lead-its going to be crap I'd say-but I'd still probably watch it -I always did like that book.
                  sigpic

REAL VAMPIRES DONT SPARKLE

Comment

One question for those of you who are OK with LL playing Carrie: How will they explain why poor little sheltered Carrie White has a smoker's voice?

Comment

I think something we need to consider is that all we know is what we've been told by news and tabloids. If she is trying to ressurect her career she needs to start somewhere, correct? I mean RDJ had to do it, Charlie Sheen has to do it now.... did anyone ever take John Travolta in a Tarantino movie seriously?

I'm not defending her, but i don't believe anyone here has any real info on her and if thing is going to be what helps her back into being taken seriously, then so be it. Not that I think she is an amazing choice, but as I said earlier, it don't matter to me because the movie does not need to be remade.
                      Seems to me the reason a lot of folks have a problem with her (myself included) is because she keeps getting coddled by the courts. Any average person would have ended up serving the rest of their sentence behind bars the first time they violated the terms of their probation but this dumb bint keeps getting extra chances. Why? Because she's a "star" with deep pockets. It's this preferential treatment that causes most folks to despise her. If she really wants to make a comeback she needs to complete her probation or serve the time first so that whole ordeal can become old news.

Comment

No one is a lost cause! People can change! Just look at Rocky IV..... they started cheering for Rocky instead of Drago and he single handedly ended the cold war. Anything is possible.
                        If she had potential - which she doesnt!

Comment

Not necessarily for this role, I'd just like to see her redeem herself. She's just one big punchline right now.
                          I don't even think she should have to justify herself. She's young, attractive, super-rich and gets followed incessantly by scumbag papparazzi all day every day - I'd be caning it too if I was her! Go Lindsay go
                          But seriously, she's perfect for certain roles, just not Carrie.

Comment

Originally posted by thesassycynic View Post
                            The point being: one was TV movie, and one is "expected" to be released in theaters. That's all I meant (and I think you know that).
                            No, I thought you were implying that it would be a smash success.

My mistake.

52 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by R. Flagg View Post
                              Seems to me the reason a lot of folks have a problem with her (myself included) is because she keeps getting coddled by the courts. Any average person would have ended up serving the rest of their sentence behind bars the first time they violated the terms of their probation but this dumb bint keeps getting extra chances. Why? Because she's a "star" with deep pockets. It's this preferential treatment that causes most folks to despise her. If she really wants to make a comeback she needs to complete her probation or serve the time first so that whole ordeal can become old news.
                              Indeed, you make a very good point. If this is the reason you and others do not like her I cannot fight it. If it's because of tabloid bullshit though, that is what I am referring to. I don't care if she's a whore, a drug addict, or a scientologist. I see no reason she should be dismissed as someone who can possibly entertain us because of her personal demons, problems, and/or choices. Celebrities are not role models. They are for entertainment. RDJ is a prime example of how a complete disaster of a person can entertain the hell out of us. If he was judged on his character would be be landing roles like Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes?

I do see your point here though, and again, I agree it is valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivian62 View Post
                                If she had potential - which she doesnt!
                                I dunno about that. How much do we have to work off of so far besides some kids movies and a couple of chick flicks?

Comment

Working...
                                X