Carrie (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrie (2013) Remake

It's certainly not a definite thing, but rumor has it that they're remaking Stephen King's Carrie, and Lindsey Lohan may play her. Story here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

I don't know about you guys, but I might slit my own wrists if this is true. I don't think the movie should be remade at all, and I certainly don't think Lohan has one tenth the acting abilities that Sissy Spacek has. *shudder*

Sorry, but I'm entirely with Angela Bettis on this one. She did an amazing job in the remake from 2002.

FULCI LIVES

Comment

Mmmk. But I wasn't asking for your opinion on who played Carrie better. I'm telling you that there's a chance that Lindsey "Fire Crotch" Lohan might play her.

Comment

Originally posted by thesassycynic View Post
        I don't know about you guys, but I might slit my own wrists if this is true.
        Agreed!!!! Do they really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to cast this remake??

Comment

One of the worst casting decisions I have ever heard. Casting Lindsey Lohan in the role completely nullifies Carrie White's character. She's meant to be the girl who doesn't fit in anywhere - Not a former bombshell who's lost her way to drugs and partying.

A video review show dedicated to horror cinema.

Latest BSC episode (2/22/12):
          The Gingerdead Man
          Latest BSA episode (3/21/12): The Birds vs. The Birds!
          Latest Vlog (3/27/12): The Hunger Games

Comment

The Spacek/Laurie combo in Carrie was perfect. I don't believe Lohan can succeed in this role like Spacek and if that is their choice I don't want to consider who they would pick for her mother. Not looking forward to this.
            sigpic

Comment

Eh, it's a remake that does not to be remade. They could use a Kardashian and I wouldn't give a crap.

Comment

Mmmk. But I wasn't asking for your opinion on who played Carrie better. I'm telling you that there's a chance that Lindsey "Fire Crotch" Lohan might play her.
                Sorry for being a bit cryptic, but my post was merely to point out that there's been a remake already.

I don't think the movie should be remade at all
                FULCI LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by CaterHatterPillar View Post
                  Sorry for being a bit cryptic, but my post was merely to point out that there's been a remake already.
                  Except that "remake" was a TV movie that was originally made in order to do a TV series, but since it did so poorly, they never followed through with the series. Not exactly a Blockbuster remake like this one would obviously be.

Comment

Mega FAIL!!!

Comment

I dont see this happening. First of all, I dont think SK would allow it.Second of all, no one in hollywood will bother to hire Lohan anymore.
                      Last edited by floyd2006; 01-10-2012, 09:00 AM.
                      Cinema Junkyard

Comment

Considering how many horrible adaptations have happened with his books I doubt SK has much creative control over his movies. Or, he just has terrible decision making skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton Crowley View Post
                          Considering how many horrible adaptations have happened with his books I doubt SK has much creative control over his movies. Or, he just has terrible decision making skills.
                          It's the former, not the latter. Especially with the earlier movies, if it got his stamp of approval, he usually had a cameo in it. I don't think he has much control in any of them. Some directors just choose to ask for his input.

Comment

Does King have any real say in this? Sure it's based off of his book (if it's more than just a rumor) but if the studio says it's remaking DePalma's film rather than doing an adaptation of King's book I'm not sure he'll even be involved. If he does have any say he needs to kill this idea ASAP. If by some grand misfortune this is made with this skank it'll be the first time something associated with King's works comes out and I have zero interest in it.

Comment

It's the former, not the latter. Especially with the earlier movies, if it got his stamp of approval, he usually had a cameo in it. I don't think he has much control in any of them. Some directors just choose to ask for his input.
                              That's what I figured.

Although if you think about it, the greatest SK adaptations (Shining, Shawshank) he has no cameo. I guess it really depends. Maybe just in the horror side of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X