Insidious 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa View Post
    Wan did convince me once more with The Conjuring, that he is one of the best current horror directors out there. Hence, I can't wait to get Insidious 2 under my horror-plagued skin. Hopefully it will stay fresh and won't be just a rehash of the awesome first part.
    You didn't find the last half of the 1st movie to just be really silly?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
      You didn't find the last half of the 1st movie to just be really silly?
      Last 15 minutes of the movie were silly. Majority of the last half was actually intriguing and original.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Rewatched the first last night. I seem to like it less and less every time I revisit it. Still gonna give the sequel a go in theaters though.

Comment

The trailers haven't really wowed me very much and I wasn't the biggest fan of Wan's The Conjuring... but the first Insidious is great. Going into this sequel with not so high expectations and just hoping for a fun time. Interested to see more of 'the further'.

Comment

Getting mixed reviews so far...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/insidious_chapter_2/

Comment

Insidious Chapter 2 8/10 - I enjoyed the first but like The Conjuring found it well executed yet mostly unoriginal. So with little expectations I was surprised to find myself loving this in the cinema. It takes what it establishes in the first and runs with it for plenty of thrills and some really neat moments. I also found it more emotionally engaging than the original and overall it felt like a cool horror flick and not a retreading of old movies. Overall not as solid as the Conjuring but a damn fine effort imo.

I'm really interested to find out what other people think. Not sure if having low expectations made my experience better than it was. Anyone plan on seeing this?
              Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 09-13-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Saw it last night at the 10 pm screening. CREEEEEEPY.

Seriously, I was genuinely surprised it is FAR creepier and heavier than the first one. I found myself actually jumping at three particular scenes. The movie has such a deep penetrating sense of dread. I loved it, sad to see it as James Wan's farewell to horror but he left with a bang.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwonkicker View Post
                  I loved it, sad to see it as James Wan's farewell to horror but he left with a bang.
                  That's a bummer that he doesn't want to continue doing horror. He was/is one hell of a promising director in the genre.
                  I hope he will return back some day.
                  Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                  Insidious Chapter 2 8/10 - I enjoyed the first but like The Conjuring found it well executed yet mostly unoriginal. So with little expectations I was surprised to find myself loving this in the cinema. It takes what it establishes in the first and runs with it for plenty of thrills and some really neat moments. I also found it more emotionally engaging than the original and overall it felt like a cool horror flick and not a retreading of old movies. Overall not as solid as the Conjuring but a damn fine effort imo.

I'm really interested to find out what other people think. Not sure if having low expectations made my experience better than it was. Anyone plan on seeing this?
                  I surely want to see it asap. Good to hear that you liked it.
                  "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                    That's a bummer that he doesn't want to continue doing horror. He was/is one hell of a promising director in the genre.
                    I hope he will return back some day.
                    I can't remember the exact quote but I interpreted it as him simply having a break from the genre. I can't imagine directing Fast 7 being fulfilling , probably having a payday as horror can be stingy. I'd be interested to see what he does after Fast 7.

Comment

Mixed reviews, bummer. I've heard this is a pretty strange and original sequel. Definitely heading to the theater next week to see it.

Comment

I respect James Wan as a great, probably one of the GREATEST directors of modern horror, so it pained me when I heard he wanted to take a break from horror. That is until I watched Insidious 2.

James, take your break. Take as LONG as you need. If it helps you get back into form, it's not such a bad idea after all.

Comment

Since when is the entire blame put on the director for a movie being bad?

There are a ton of things that have to come together for a movie to be good. Unfair to put all the blame on Wan.

Comment

Reviews are mixed so far. They're saying it's a bit of an odd movie, but I loved the original and The Conjuring so I'm still keen to check this out.

Comment

Despite the reviews I'm still dead keen to see it, the first one was fantastic, and the Conjuring was the best horror I've seen. So I guess Insidious 2 has a high standard to meet, could be why people aren't too happy? But I guess I'll know after I seen it.

Like us on facebook
                              Follow us on twitter
                              Subscribe on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Arksville View Post
                                Despite the reviews I'm still dead keen to see it, the first one was fantastic, and the Conjuring was the best horror I've seen. So I guess Insidious 2 has a high standard to meet, could be why people aren't too happy? But I guess I'll know after I seen it.
                                what

Comment

Working...
                                X