V/H/S (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
    There's a whole lot of shaking going on in this shaky film about shaky things happening, all filmed with a shaky cam set to eleven which is the shaky mode. Nearly turned it off after 10 minutes as the first segment is like watching a film in a swivel chair as an annoying bastard pours vinegar down your throat and spins you round and round and round and round and round and then round some more, it made me nauseous - although the girl was creepy. 1/10.
    The webcam segment was alright, the final haunted house section was adequate, the part about the wife hiring a hitman to kill her husband was dull but the best bit was the woodland slasher-meets-predator section which worked a charm. The anthology angle was original and bridged the mini films together very well. The first segment is a migraine and belly ache inducing fuck up but it got much better as it went on.
    Do yourself a favour and skip straight to the second chapter and don't drink too much before you watch it as the camera flies around all over the fucking shop.
    7/10.
    truth

For me, the strongest overall was The Strange Thing that Happened to Emily When She Was Younger, and Second Honeymoon (Ti West). They had a general unrest from the very beginning of the story, while the others were more of a party first, die later feeling. And Honeymoon is the only story that is not supernatural. Amateur Night and The Strange Thing had the best conclusions. 10/31/98 was cool, but once the shit went down, I simply thought "I've seen Grave Encounters before". Tuesday the 17th was the weakest of them all, with some pretty bad cgi kills, and a hot blonde that doesn't show anything lol. The whole plot of some girl tricking her "friends" into being bait for a serial killer that's killed her friends....how did that make her any better than the serial killer..... and the wraparound story which fails to explain anything really annoyed me. Actually, all of the stories have that feeling that they don't explain much, and leave it up to the viewer, but it only worked well on the first story, because you can sort of tell what it is. 7/10

Anyone know what Ti West is up to, after this?

Comment

Shut your filthy mouth, you'll never make a mod' by meanymouthing this film.
      And thanks to the clown above who proclaimed it the best horror film they've seen this year and favourited the first segment... I got a good laugh out of that. Cheers.
      I guess you're talking about me? Clown? Ok, internet tough guy.

Who said it was the best of the year? I said it was my favorite. Gain a better grasp of the English language. And the chick at the bar segment was my favorite, definitely. Yeah.. hilarious? Ha?

Why would anyone watch a found footage film if they don't like shaky cam? Derp, derp.
      "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

Originally posted by Heathen View Post
        The worst thing about shaky things is that their shakiness makes it hard to deliver a direct punch or stab. Die, found footage, die!
        A tad harsh there mate on the shaky sub-genre, I mean yeah, the shakiness was a tad on the shaky side and this is one of the shakiest films ever made but they're not all bad - 'Grave Encounters' and 'Trollhunter' were good. If rather shaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Panic View Post
          I guess you're talking about me? Clown? Ok, internet tough guy.

Who said it was the best of the year? I said it was my favorite. Gain a better grasp of the English language. And the chick at the bar segment was my favorite, definitely. Yeah.. hilarious? Ha?

Why would anyone watch a found footage film if they don't like shaky cam? Derp, derp.
          I'm not a derp derp, whatever a derp derp is. Is a derp derp more or less offensive than a clown? Do derp derp's get to wear clown shoes and throw buckets of glitter over people? I'll give you this much - your "grasp of the English language" far outweighs mine so you win and I am, it seems, a derp derp. You've made this derp derp a sad and upset derp derp now. I hope you're happy.

Comment

Someone want to send me a link ?

Comment

A tad harsh there mate on the shaky sub-genre, I mean yeah, the shakiness was a tad on the shaky side and this is one of the shakiest films ever made but they're not all bad - 'Grave Encounters' and 'Trollhunter' were good. If rather shaky.
              You're right. I should probably settle myself and patiently wait for the invention of the special vibrating viewing chair that synches with the shakiness of the movie to provide the acceptable viewing experience I so crave, as well as the delightful nausea we have come to expect from the skaky-cam/found-footage/Rob-Zombie subgenre.

Comment

Kind of bummed to hear the mixed reviews. I have really enjoyed the trailer and photo stills. Will still check it out but my excitement level has dropped a bit (which might be good). Seems like it will be one of those films you will either really enjoy or really hate.

Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                should probably settle myself and patiently wait for the invention of the special vibrating viewing chair that synches with the shakiness of the movie to provide the acceptable viewing experience I so crave, as well as the delightful nausea we have come to expect from the skaky-cam/found-footage/Rob-Zombie subgenre.

Be very scared Heathen.....

Comment

Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                  Kind of bummed to hear the mixed reviews. I have really enjoyed the trailer and photo stills. Will still check it out but my excitement level has dropped a bit (which might be good). Seems like it will be one of those films you will either really enjoy or really hate.
                  This may be a polarizing film to the majority but my seven score should point out that it's not a marmite film, there's plenty to enjoy and plenty to turn your nose up at but there's 5 mini movies here (six if you include the anthology wrap) so there's something for everyone, a couple were crap, a couple were alright/meh but one was a blast. Make of it what you will but I don't know why hardly anyone's seen it so far, it's out there, just pirate the fucking thing ya scurvy landlubbers. Like I did.

Comment

So, you're telling me I'll eventually have to pay $15 to sit in a shaky chair and watch a shaky movie? How much extra would I have to pay to have an usher slap the popcorn out of my hand and have one of the theater managers donkey punch me?

Comment

Be very scared Heathen.....
                      It's definitely one of those films. The film isn't as good as the trailer or the hype suggested it was but I still really enjoyed it.

Comment

just pirate the fucking thing ya scurvy landlubbers. Like I did.
                        This is in my possession now;the blood'll be on your hands.
                        There is no such thing as DEATH; it's just a trrransformation.
                        No hay fin para ti. No hay fin para mi.

------------------------------------------------

My old place in toronto had a bidet...I liked using it, cleaned the shit outta there + it felt good. Ever masturbate with a stream of water on your asshole? Feels great, try it sometime.

Comment

I'm at 80% downloaded. It's 10 am now though, going to save it till later tonight. Who watches a horror movie in the fucking morning.

Comment

Well that was a pile of shit.

Stupid wrap around story and the other stories were flat and dull. No scares and hardly any gore. What a waste of two hours.

.5/5

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                              Well that was a pile of shit.

Stupid wrap around story and the other stories were flat and dull. No scares and hardly any gore. What a waste of two hours.

.5/5

I'm beginning to think I was too generous with my 5/10 score.

Comment

well im pretty skeptical now =\ guess ill have to see for myself

Comment

Working...
                                X