V/H/S (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheHorrorGuru View Post
    V/H/S was fucking awesome! Well done to all filmmakers involved. It's hard for me to choose a favorite segment, because they were all on pretty equal levels of awesome. Second Honeymoon definitely wins most legitimately creepy, while The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger wins most awesomely fucked up and 10/31/98 wins the most fun. Damn it, I can't choose. They're all great!
    Def entertaining. The 2 best would be 2nd Honeymoon, and The Sick Thing, by far, followed by Amateur Night, and 10/31/98...... way in the back is the wraparound, and Tuesday the 17th. Both just done really poorly to me.

Comment

• FNFF - V/H/S video reveiw

Greetings Fright Knights, we just did a video review of V/H/S. Let us know what you think and tell us if it helped make your Friday night more frightful.

Watch www.thecountjackulashow.com
      Or follow us on Twitter @Count_Jackula
      Or Facebook The Count Jackula Show Fanpage

Comment

• So, V/H/S 2 has been announced.

[youtube]Sr83UrbZb1Y[/youtube]

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
          So, V/H/S 2 has been announced.

[youtube]Sr83UrbZb1Y[/youtube]
          at least this one has some known directors attached. Gareth Evans, Eduardo Sanchez, and Jason Eisner are better than anyone from the first, cept Ti West.

Comment

• I'm really late in the game with this.

I really loved this movie, and I think It's probably my favorite horror film of the year. With Amateur Night, and other segments, I absolutely loved the chaotic energy that this brings to the table.

10/31/98 and Amatuer go back and fourth between being my favorites. I hated Tuesday the 17th though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
              I'm really late in the game with this.

I really loved this movie, and I think It's probably my favorite horror film of the year. With Amateur Night, and other segments, I absolutely loved the chaotic energy that this brings to the table.

10/31/98 and Amatuer go back and fourth between being my favorites. I hated Tuesday the 17th though.
              The hate for Tuesday the 17th confuses me. I can't find anyone who enjoys it as much as I do.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
                The hate for Tuesday the 17th confuses me. I can't find anyone who enjoys it as much as I do.
                I dug it, too. I liked the glitchy effect of the killer and the general storyline. The only thing that hurt the segment was the main actress' acting.
                "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
                  I just found it to drag down the middle of the film. The acting was really bad imo, and the motives for some of the characters were really silly. I did think the idea of the glitch killer was kind-of interesting, and it looked cool in some parts.

Comment

• Watched this last night .. Pretty fun movie .. Would of been amazing if they didn't go with the lazy ending.

7/10

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                      Watched this last night .. Pretty fun movie .. Would of been amazing if they didn't go with the lazy ending.

7/10
                      The end of the wrap around or the end itself? I thought the end of the final story was solid but the end of the wrap around was meh (and ending it before the final story started was retarded)
                      Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
                        The end of the wrap around or the end itself? I thought the end of the final story was solid but the end of the wrap around was meh (and ending it before the final story started was retarded)
                        The wrap around ending with them in the house left me feeling blah. It's still a pretty good movie .. But if they fleshed out the main story it would of been epic.

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                          The wrap around ending with them in the house left me feeling blah. It's still a pretty good movie .. But if they fleshed out the main story it would of been epic.
                          The concept of the wrap around was interesting but the execution was extremely lacking and made me go "Huh!?" at the end.

There's a lot to like about this one. And to answer Se7en XxSinzXx, I loved Tuesday the 17th.
                          Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• Just got done watching it. I liked "Amateur Night", and "10/31/98", but the rest were meh, and "Tuesday The 17th" was brutal. The CGI was a mess, and the villain was walking computer glitch. Pretty weak.

Also, for a movie titled "VHS", it sure looked like most, if not all those videos were shot digitally.

5/10

Comment

• I think this could have been much better looking back on it. Still, I think it works for the most part.

Wrap-around is weak, a few of the segments lag... Still I love the craft and idea of the movie. It works more than it doesn't for me. I find myself liking each segment more with each viewing.

Comment

• I thought this was pretty terrible. My favorite part was the fact that the VCR they use was the one I actually owned when I was younger.

Comment

Working...
                                X