Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V/H/S (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I thought the concept was pretty cool. I liked most of the segments. The wraparound story would have been a lot better if it hadn't ended the way it did. I hope they get that shit right in the sequel.

    Comment


    • My sister made some chicken parm and put this movie on, after the first segment I nearly threw up that chicken. FF movies make me motion sick as do first person shooter games if I play for too long. The first segment was pretty cool, but ultimately I could imagine the movie getting tedious even if I didn't get nauseous.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by capecep View Post
        My sister made some chicken parm and put this movie on, after the first segment I nearly threw up that chicken. FF movies make me motion sick as do first person shooter games if I play for too long. The first segment was pretty cool, but ultimately I could imagine the movie getting tedious even if I didn't get nauseous.
        I remember reading that they filmed the film in a special way that gave some people nausea. Gotta see if I can find that article as I remember it came out when it was playing at a few circuits. They remarked how people got sick and had to leave during the showings.

        This seems like a movie you either hate or love. I fall into the latter category as I really enjoyed it. Was it perfect? No, but it was highly entertaining. I'll take a zillion of movies like this over Saw sequels, PG-13 lame horror, or shit like The Devil Inside or The Hole.

        Comment


        • Garbage
          Old man Clemmons hates shit.

          Comment


          • ...

            Very enjoyable. Pretty much everything was effective.

            I agree that the wraparound was weak, though.
            A prohibitionist is the sort of man one couldn't care to drink with, even if he drank.
            H. L. Mencken

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
              This seems like a movie you either hate or love. I fall into the latter category as I really enjoyed it. Was it perfect? No, but it was highly entertaining. I'll take a zillion of movies like this over Saw sequels, PG-13 lame horror, or shit like The Devil Inside or The Hole.
              Truth. I didn't love it, but even if the segments sucked (which they didn't), you would still have to give this one credit for taking a different approach to anthology horror.

              Comment


              • Just saw it. I enjoy anthologies so I was excited from the get go. My favorite segment had to be the last, which I nearly missed because I almost shut it down after the end of the wraparound story. It seemed pasted on as an afterthought, which I thought was a shame. I enjoyed all the segments, a few even had endings I didn't see coming. The main downer for me on this film and many of the new films being released is the excessive cursing. I'm far from a prude, but the english language has sooo many more words that could be used as nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs...it gets tiring and distracting and I lose interest. 6/10

                Comment


                • I thought it was just decent. The last segment was by far the best, IMO.

                  Comment


                  • The wraparound story was weak. I really didn't understand it. As for the individual films, I thought the first and the last ones were the best. The two in the middle were pretty dumb I thought.

                    Overall 6/10

                    Comment


                    • Finally getting released in the U.K on Friday although its barely been shown in any cinemas (if any). The DVD comes out days later though so I'll likely give it a rent, been waiting ages for this.

                      Did it get a theatrical release in the states?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                        Finally getting released in the U.K on Friday although its barely been shown in any cinemas (if any). The DVD comes out days later though so I'll likely give it a rent, been waiting ages for this.

                        Did it get a theatrical release in the states?
                        Very limited.

                        All I can say about the movie, is keep your expectations in check. It's not nearly the "horror revolution" it's being advertised as. Decent time waster, and nothing more.


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                          Very limited.

                          All I can say about the movie, is keep your expectations in check. It's not nearly the "horror revolution" it's being advertised as. Decent time waster, and nothing more.
                          It seems to have had a lukewarm response which is disappointing. Like you say I'll keep my expectations in check which is a shame as it had good talent behind it.

                          Comment


                          • I found this film to be entertaining but not great imo

                            Comment


                            • I like this one, but its no masterpiece or anything. Fun with a big group of people and drinks.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                                Very limited.

                                All I can say about the movie, is keep your expectations in check. It's not nearly the "horror revolution" it's being advertised as. Decent time waster, and nothing more.
                                I think we'll all be much better off assuming there will be no further horror revolutions, then be pleasantly shocked if one does actually come along.


                                I thought this was OK. I don't understand why so many horror movies have to feature utterly unlikable characters, even if they're meant for you to root against, but it was solid for what it was.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X