House Of Wax (2005)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Of Wax (2005)

Ok, I just saw House Of Wax with paris hilton in it....and i liked it actually..... The blood and gore is what really won me over.... What do ya'll think?
    "I'd pray that hell would take him, but deep down i knew that hell would not have him!"

I hated it. It was stupid and clichèd. I'll stick with the original. You know it's a bad deal when Paris Hilton is the better actor in it (especially whne Cuthbert is in it). The whole was a ripoff of "Tourist Trap" anyway. And Chad Michael Murray needs to knock off the tough guy shit, he's a total wuss. Katie Holmes could kick his ass.
    Last edited by CJ_01976; 05-04-2006, 01:42 PM.

Comment

House of Wax was a terrible movie, yea just stick with the original, Vincent Price is just so creepy
      [after healing a gaping wound in his chest and moving to kill Alice]
      Freddy Krueger: I... am... eternal.

Comment

i didn't even want to see it but my girlfriend did and it was only a dollar. it wasn't as bad as i thouht it would be, eh it was ok. not great not terrible

Comment

I took my mom to see this for Mother's Day last year...yeah my mom loves horror too. Obviously this film has nothing to do with the original, other then sharing the same name..but it was an entertaining film, with some great speical effects. I really don't care for Paris Hilton, I went into the movie with an opinion already formed about her, but she really wasn't bad in this film. Yeah, its cheesy and acampy...but it still was entertainment.

Comment

Ah it's okay...nothing special. I liked the villains though.
            2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
            Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
            I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
            Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
            Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
            Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
            Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
            The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
            Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
            Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

The lack of Vincent Price is what really got me. I hated it.

Comment

It was okay purely because it had some good gore and effects. Go with the original, its a much better movie

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

Poor movie.

Comment

You know, for what it was I liked it. Actually bought it when it hit DVD; call it a moment of confusion on my part. I was pleasantly surprised though and only mildly regret the purchase. Like many others the original was great - I've been a vincent Price fan since I was five. There was some unexpected stuff in the new one, and the opening was pretty cool and the actual house of wax was awesome. Maybe not a buy, but worth a rent.

Comment

I liked this movie. I dont even compare this one with the original because you cant. Yes there was lack of Vincent Price...hes dead by the way and they did not even try to replicate his character. It was good old dumb, gory slasher fun. Does horror always have to be smart or intellectual? No. Was this movie trying to make a statement? No. It was a gratuitous slasher that only needed some boobs to go with the blood.

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

Wasnt too Bad.You shouldnt ciompare it to the original because its a completly different story.Something a little different anyway.

Comment

Not too bad for a remake of a remake.
                          These Dark Castle movies really could be great if as much time was spent on the stories as the production.

Comment

I really liked it. I wasn't expecting it to be the next big thing and it wasn't, but it was a really fun flick with some nice eye candy and impressive effects. It's a bread and butter horror movie that delivers what it promises, nothing more, nothing less.

MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Sykopaf
                              I really liked it. I wasn't expecting it to be the next big thing and it wasn't, but it was a really fun flick with some nice eye candy and impressive effects. It's a bread and butter horror movie that delivers what it promises, nothing more, nothing less.
                              Thank you!

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

Working...
                              X