Chernobyl Diaries (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr_Darko View Post
    Watched the trailer yesterday, looks good.

made me think of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    I thought the same exact thing.

I think I may go to see this only because I have always been super interested in Chernobyl. It isn't looking too promising, but I'll keep an open mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Boddicker View Post
      The premise is uninspired but I'm intrigued by the setting. Have to learn more.
      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Devonia View Post
        I think I may go to see this only because I have always been super interested in Chernobyl. It isn't looking too promising, but I'll keep an open mind.
        Same here. Chernobyl has always fascinated the Hell out of me, so for atmosphere alone, it'll hopefully be worth a watch.

Looks like it might be good, but probably isn't.
        And you can call your gang, your posse and the rest of your crew.
        And while you're at it get them addicts and the indigent too.
        I plan to have a whole army by the time that I'm through
        to load their guns with songs they haven't sung

Comment

Movie was pretty good until the last 25 mins,was enjoying even,then it just got stupid.And the end was even dumber.
          The setting and the idea was good,just got lazy or ran out of ideas after the first act.
          Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

Yeah this movie was just slightly above average. Cool setting, pretty interesting concept but bogged down by idiotic characters as well as no desire to push boundaries or truly shock the audience. Also, it was filmed like a found footage movie but isn't actually a found footage movie... Seemed very "shaky cam" in parts.

Comment

After hearing all of the negativity about this film I really had no interest in watching it. Got bored over the weekend and decided to give it a watch and I was pleasantly surprised. It's obviously not in any way a genre masterpiece, but it sure as hell is an entertaining 90 minutes. Definitely exceeded my expectations. I'll probably pick up the DVD when the price goes down.

Comment

I thought it was average. The trailer had me wanting to see the movie, but it was just alright.

Do female Vampires menstruate?

Comment

Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
                  After hearing all of the negativity about this film I really had no interest in watching it. Got bored over the weekend and decided to give it a watch and I was pleasantly surprised. It's obviously not in any way a genre masterpiece, but it sure as hell is an entertaining 90 minutes. Definitely exceeded my expectations. I'll probably pick up the DVD when the price goes down.
                  It was definitely better than I had imagined it would be. Good for a night when you're not sure what to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                    It was definitely better than I had imagined it would be. Good for a night when you're not sure what to watch.
                    Maybe it wouldn't have gotten as much hate if it went DTV instead. I agree, this movie is good for a rainy day.

Comment

Is this worth watching? So many mixed reviews about it. I was gonna blind buy this, but I am not sure what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                        Is this worth watching? So many mixed reviews about it. I was gonna blind buy this, but I am not sure what to do.
                        Worth watching, but rent it before you buy.

Comment

Yeah its probably worth a rent but I found it really frustrating. It had a cool location, a good setup and creepy atmosphere but they threw it all away in the final act by just going through the motions and doing every horror cliche.

Losing the mystery of the "threat" was a big mistake and SPOILER: the guide was the best character imo so was a waste when he died.

Comment

This movie was not as bad as I thought it would be. The ending was very lame, but in general, I was engaged with the movie. There were a few significant moments that made me jump and I thought that was pretty cool.

Not bad, but not great. Decent.
                            "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
                              Worth watching, but rent it before you buy.
                              Will do!! I am very curious about it.

Comment

That movie was horrible and boring as hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X