Chernobyl Diaries (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chernobyl Diaries (2012)

Warner Bros. Pictures has revealed the trailer and poster for "Paranormal Activity" creator Oren Peli's new horror-thriller Chernobyl Diaries, opening in theaters on May 25. Directed by Brad Parker, the film was written by Peli, Carey Van Dyke and Shane Van Dyke. Jonathan Sadowski, Devin Kelley, Jesse McCartney, Olivia Taylor Dudley, Nathan Phillips, Ingrid Bolso Berdal and Dimitri Diatchenko star.

The film follows a group of six young tourists who, looking to go off the beaten path, hire an "extreme tour" guide. Ignoring warnings, he takes them into the city of Pripyat, the former home to the workers of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor, but a deserted town since the disaster more than 25 years ago. After a brief exploration of the abandoned city, however, the group soon finds themselves stranded, only to discover that they are not alone...

[YOUTUBE]Pq47T48u8Zo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

Watched the trailer yesterday, looks good.

made me think of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    My Movie Review Blog
    The Movie Log

Recently Reviewed:
    The Night Porter
    Black Dynamite
    Dark Shadows
    Underworld: Awakening
    The Cabin in the Woods

"and you can shove that part about how you lost the ability to hunt for food when you learned how to talk!"

Comment

I agree. But, I'm surprised a nuclear explosion from a power plant did not destroy the ENTIRE city, killing everyone. I'm talking about the real life disaster. Yet the city survived, did it not? If so, how is that possible.

Comment

So wait, is this 'found footage'? Kinda looks like it.

Comment

Looks pretty damn creepy, with an awesome location to film at for something like this. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Xenomorph View Post
            I agree. But, I'm surprised a nuclear explosion from a power plant did not destroy the ENTIRE city, killing everyone. I'm talking about the real life disaster. Yet the city survived, did it not? If so, how is that possible.
            To put it simply, it lost containment of some fluidic systems, it wasn't a control rod meltdown/explosion.

If you think of a car, it was like the radiator blew a gasket and steam went everywhere, but the gas tank didn't blow up. A crude comparison, but it shows a part of the whole system that can breakdown, but not result in an explosion.
            Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
            Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
            Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
            The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
            Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
            Nightcore Land Of Confusion
            Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
            Rend Collective My Lighthouse
            Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
            Garbage Special
            Cardigans My Favorite Game
            Living Colour Cult of Personality
            Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
            Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
            Sasha D Russian Girls
            Scatman John Scatman

Comment

It was not a nuclear explosion as you would understand it. An explosion in the power plant caused the leakage of lethal amounts of radiation. It also did not kill everyone, most where evacuated. Only 31 died from it directly.
              My Movie Review Blog
              The Movie Log

Recently Reviewed:
              The Night Porter
              Black Dynamite
              Dark Shadows
              Underworld: Awakening
              The Cabin in the Woods

"and you can shove that part about how you lost the ability to hunt for food when you learned how to talk!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Darko View Post
                It was not a nuclear explosion as you would understand it. An explosion in the power plant caused the leakage of lethal amounts of radiation. It also did not kill everyone, most where evacuated. Only 31 died from it directly.
                Well, that's a relief. I'm glad that's the case.

Comment

The plot is original but...idk this just seems offensive as shit to people who were involved

Comment

Originally posted by Kenjis Ghost View Post
                    The plot is original but...idk this just seems offensive as shit to people who were involved
                    I know, right? That's like making a movie about 9/11.

Or making a movie about the boxing day tsunami.

Yeah, how do you think those would turn out?

Comment

hmm, i didnt enjoy the trailer that much. will probably watch this cause oren peli is involved but im expecting a stupid 'people deformed by radiation' twist

Comment

The premise is uninspired but I'm intrigued by the setting. Have to learn more.

Comment

I know, right? That's like making a movie about 9/11.

Or making a movie about the boxing day tsunami.

Yeah, how do you think those would turn out?
                          like shit

Comment

Originally posted by Kenjis Ghost View Post
                            like shit
                            Holy CRAP! They actually did it.

Comment

It's The Hills Have Eyes with poor lighting. *belch* Exactly what one should expect from the producers of PA.

Comment

Working...
                              X