World War Z (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
    Saw the trailer with Star Trek today, looks kinda neat, but had ZERO mention, indication, or even any sort of good visual to let you know it was about zombies at all, wth?
    A friend and I saw the trailer before Evil Dead and after it was over my friend asked me if I knew what it was about. When I replied zombies the look on his face was so confused. He couldn't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
      I don't see how anyone can think this looks even half decent.. :/
      Originally posted by Rusted View Post
      For a zombie movie I'm yet to see one actual zombie.

All I see if a blur of cgi shit.
      Originally posted by Boilersuit_Mayhem View Post
      The problem with the trailers for this movie is that, if you didn't know that the 'Z' stood for 'zombie', you wouldn't know it was a zombie movie. All you see is hundreds of people frantically running away from something; the viewer is given no reason to suspect that the masses of frantically running people are the threat the main characters are talking about.

Seriously, trailer guys, you need to show someone biting someone else. Without biting, you're left wondering why all the "normal" people are stampeding in panicked desperation.

Putting out of my mind that I know this is a zombie movie, I watch the trailers, waiting for them to reveal what the fuck everyone's scared of. And they don't.

And the title. World War 'Z'? In some parts of the English-speaking world, the whole World War Z/Three thing tends to get lost because 'Z' rhymes with 'Ted'. World War Zed? Does that mean World War Final because 'Z' is the last letter of the alphabet?

Okay, so it's the final World War. Who the hell is fighting? And why? And why is everyone trampling one another? Is someone having a sale?

Show me a fucking zombie. At this point, it almost feels as though the producers of this movie are embarrassed that they've made a zombie apocalypse movie.

Or is it just me?
      Originally posted by Agent Panic View Post
      Did Max Brooks give his blessing to this movie?

Because the trailer looks pretty bad, and I had just finished re-reading the book. I wish it was more based on the actual book. The format would have needed to be tweaked for a movie, but it could have worked if it were more faithful.
      Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
      This looks so shitty, I have ZERO interest in seeing this ever...
      Originally posted by VampressTristine View Post
      They have a Blob- or Slither-like M.O. Where's the zombie makeup? How does one differentiate a chaser from a fleer when everyone is running everywhere? Nondescript chaos.
      Originally posted by horror_movie_girl View Post
      I hated that dog pile scene with the zombies and everyone running at warp speed I will give it a view, but I have very low expectations for it.
      Originally posted by zigwardScissorHands View Post
      A friend and I saw the trailer before Evil Dead and after it was over my friend asked me if I knew what it was about. When I replied zombies the look on his face was so confused. He couldn't believe it.
      Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
      This looks like ass.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think Pitt even bothered reading the book, I think he merely wiped his ass with a copy of World War Z and than smeared it onto film... and this abortion is what we are left with. For all you people defending it, God Bless You, I hope you enjoy it but as for me I'll catch it late one night on cable when I'm really bored, maybe I'll be shocked and discover it to be great but I'm doubting that
      Last edited by Mr. Bill; 05-16-2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

This looks like ass.

52 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

I saw the trailer again last time at the movies and there is nothing here which even suggests zombies.

I'm guessing the general public have no fucking clue to what the Z actually stands for.

Comment

Too picky?

I'm one of the least pickiest people on here. It looks like complete shit. Typical generic looking Hollywood action flick. It's I am Legend but with another overpaid Hollywood actor.

Plus a PG-13 zombie flick? RETARDED.
            Last edited by The Geek; 05-16-2013, 11:06 PM.
            Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Then it's my job to teach them how to do it, how they will be able to master a rockhard dick with their skillfull tongue - simple. I did that once, I'll do it again, no prob for Santa.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geek View Post

Plus a PG-13 zombie flick? RETARDED.
              I agree.

There'll be no blood or gore, no head shots and brains exploding everywhere. It looks like I Am Legend Part 2. They haven't bothered to show one fucking zombie and the brief glimpses we've seen show them to be ordinary looking people jacked up on the virus from 28 Days Later.

I won't be going to the theater to see this.

Comment

As a huge fan of the book i'm pretty excited for this. I can't help but feel that expectations are all over the place for this... It isn't really a zombie horror movie, it's an epidemic action film. I'll wait to see what the reviews are like before I see it, but I'm actually pretty psyched.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                  As a huge fan of the book i'm pretty excited for this. I can't help but feel that expectations are all over the place for this... It isn't really a zombie horror movie, it's an epidemic action film. I'll wait to see what the reviews are like before I see it, but I'm actually pretty psyched.
                  Does this look like the book at all ?

Comment

Does this look like the book at all ?
                    Kind of, if the book were to be 100% faithfully adapted into a film it would be more of a fauxumentary. It doesn't have much of a narrative, it is more an overview of what this situation would be like, which is to say how mankind would deal with a massive infection/zombie invasion.

This looks like it is taking the core ideas and story of the book and giving it a more personal point of view. The director has stated this may be the first of a trilogy. I'm hoping it is big enough to bring all of the details into focus while also remaining an exciting story with good enough characters to latch onto.

Clearly nobody else things this may be good, but whatever. I think this could be a massively entertaining and interesting film. There is more here than some "typical Hollywood action movie". I may be wrong, but honestly the trailer looks good enough based off of my expectations.

edit

I'm also sick of people bitching about the lack of zombie action. This isn't that kind of movie... close encounters with zombies will happen but they won't be decomposed horrors from the grave. This is just not that type of story.

Comment

Kind of, if the book were to be 100% faithfully adapted into a film it would be more of a fauxumentary. It doesn't have much of a narrative, it is more an overview of what this situation would be like, which is to say how mankind would deal with a massive infection/zombie invasion.

This looks like it is taking the core ideas and story of the book and giving it a more personal point of view. The director has stated this may be the first of a trilogy. I'm hoping it is big enough to bring all of the details into focus while also remaining an exciting story with good enough characters to latch onto.

Clearly nobody else things this may be good, but whatever. I think this could be a massively entertaining and interesting film. There is more here than some "typical Hollywood action movie". I may be wrong, but honestly the trailer looks good enough based off of my expectations.

edit

I'm also sick of people bitching about the lack of zombie action. This isn't that kind of movie... close encounters with zombies will happen but they won't be decomposed horrors from the grave. This is just not that type of story.
                      I get from the trailers that this is a snapshot of how the world would deal with a mass zombie/infection outbreak. Just wasn't sure if the book had the decomposed zombie or the infected kind. I guess when you hear the word zombie you expect the kind that see on Walking Dead.

Now that you've cleared that up and can see why the trailer has no obvious zombie types.

Comment

I get from the trailers that this is a snapshot of how the world would deal with a mass zombie/infection outbreak. Just wasn't sure if the book had the decomposed zombie or the infected kind. I guess when you hear the word zombie you expect the kind that see on Walking Dead.

Now that you've cleared that up and can see why the trailer has no obvious zombie types.
                        the novel is less about the zombies and much more about mankind's reaction to them. This movie appears to be taking the same route.

Comment

the novel is less about the zombies and much more about mankind's reaction to them. This movie appears to be taking the same route.
                          Well that puts the trailer into perspective then.

Comment

edit

No offense but perhaps you should stop reading our opinions than, I've read the book and it's pretty good, this film LOOKS AND FEELS NOTHING LIKE THE BOOK. As for complaining about lack of zombie action, golly I'm sorry, some people like zombie action IN A FUCKING ZOMBIE MOVIE

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                              No offense but perhaps you should stop reading our opinions than, I've read the book and it's pretty good, this film LOOKS AND FEELS NOTHING LIKE THE BOOK. As for complaining about lack of zombie action, golly I'm sorry, some people like zombie action IN A FUCKING ZOMBIE MOVIE
                              WTF is wrong with you? Coming in here with logic like that...
                              Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Then it's my job to teach them how to do it, how they will be able to master a rockhard dick with their skillfull tongue - simple. I did that once, I'll do it again, no prob for Santa.

Comment

Horror fans want to see zombies, not people complaining about zombies. Have we learned nothing from the first season of TWD?

Comment

Working...
                                X