World War Z (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
    WTF is wrong with you? Coming in here with logic like that...
    I'm sorry, I'm having my monthly visitor

Comment

Originally posted by VampressTristine View Post
      Horror fans want to see zombies, not people complaining about zombies. Have we learned nothing from the first season of TWD?
      The Walking Dead show doesn't impress me, although I love the comics and have been reading them for ages.

You're getting away from the point I was making. The story is not focused on the zombies themselves but rather on the complication they bring up in the continuation of the human species... if you don't like that, don't see the movie. Clearly that is what most of you are planning... so what is the drama here?

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
        The Walking Dead show doesn't impress me, although I love the comics and have been reading them for ages.

You're getting away from the point I was making. The story is not focused on the zombies themselves but rather on the complication they bring up in the continuation of the human species... if you don't like that, don't see the movie. Clearly that is what most of you are planning... so what is the drama here?
        They're selling the initial action sequence, even put it on the poster. If the reactions to which you're referring involve a fair amount of zombie resolution, it might be decent, but to focus on one family's conversations and emoting would be more than a letdown.

Comment

They're selling the initial action sequence, even put it on the poster. If the reactions to which you're referring involve a fair amount of zombie resolution, it might be decent, but to focus on one family's conversations and emoting would be more than a letdown.
          And can you not imagine a movie in which a larger issue is resolved while focusing on a more minute perspective? Has this never been done before? Does every big story have to have tons of exposition and detail?

The only look at this movie so far has been a trailer. I may be wrong and the movie may suck, or maybe you're wrong and it's actually an engaging tale with a lot to say. Time will tell, and until that time I spit upon the criticism that this movie looks shitty because it doesn't have lots of up-close bloody zombie action.

Comment

My main criticism of the trailer isn't really the zombie action (but that does look like shit imo) it's the fact that it doesn't resemble the book in any way. I've read people say it'd be hard to make the movie in that style and I fail to understand that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
              My main criticism of the trailer isn't really the zombie action (but that does look like shit imo) it's the fact that it doesn't resemble the book in any way. I've read people say it'd be hard to make the movie in that style and I fail to understand that at all.
              If it were made like the book it wouldn't be as accessible to audiences. That may not tickle your fancy but it makes sense that such a hugely popular book be more strategically aimed at audiences.... is that regrettable? Maybe... But honestly I think the movie has a chance at being pretty cool. Time will tell.

Comment

And can you not imagine a movie in which a larger issue is resolved while focusing on a more minute perspective? Has this never been done before? Does every big story have to have tons of exposition and detail?

The only look at this movie so far has been a trailer. I may be wrong and the movie may suck, or maybe you're wrong and it's actually an engaging tale with a lot to say. Time will tell, and until that time I spit upon the criticism that this movie looks shitty because it doesn't have lots of up-close bloody zombie action.
                You're describing the basic Hwood formula. Is that really what you want? If so, remove the term World War from the title because there's nothing grandiose about it.

Comment

You're describing the basic Hwood formula. Is that really what you want? If so, remove the term World War from the title because there's nothing grandiose about it.
                  So you would like an independently produced, fauxumentary-style, intimate version of the book... I guess most hardcore fans of the book would like nothing less.

But to say the movie version lacks a grand scale is silly. It clearly looks like a big, grand, and entertaining film. It focuses on one family? Sure.....

but...

Unless enormous waves of undead hoards overcoming manmade pillars, military vehicles crushing zombies, and epic scenes of evacuation aren't grandiose enough for you... I suppose nothing will suffice.

Comment

So you would like an independently produced, fauxumentary-style, intimate version of the book... I guess most hardcore fans of the book would like nothing less.

But to say the movie version lacks a grand scale is silly. It clearly looks like a big, grand, and entertaining film. It focuses on one family? Sure.....

but...

Unless enormous waves of undead hoards overcoming manmade pillars, military vehicles crushing zombies, and epic scenes of evacuation aren't grandiose enough for you... I suppose nothing will suffice.
                    You see, that's the hook, the five minutes of the film that sets the table for the inevitable 85 minutes of PG13 family drama. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• This looks like such shit. Makes me wanna wipe my ass with Brad Pitt's beard.
                      Last edited by Yoxodo; 05-17-2013, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                        This looks like such shit. Makes me wanna wipe my ass with Brad Pitt's beard.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

but...

If people going into it expecting a ZOMBIE film, they're going to be disappointed. If they go in expecting a entertaining action infection movie I don't know how you wouldn't be able to have fun with it.

Besides, more Pitt is always a good thing.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Comment

• There's a continuity flub in the latest clip. A full lane of traffic suddenly disappears.

Comment

• Originally posted by VampressTristine View Post
                                There's a continuity flub in the latest clip. A full lane of traffic suddenly disappears.
                                I noticed that too, I think they are expecting us to believe that runaway dump truck could clear out all those cars... but I believe the makers of this abortion are expecting us to suspend a lot of disbelief

Comment

Working...
                                X