World War Z (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
    I noticed that too, I think they are expecting us to believe that runaway dump truck could clear out all those cars... but I believe the makers of this abortion are expecting us to suspend a lot of disbelief
    Have you seen the movie or something?

Even if the movie is halfway decent most of you already have made your minds up that you hate it.

Comment

• I've watched the trailers several times and I'm still on the fence about this movie. I don't know what it is. I'm going to watch it but I'm not expecting much. That ant hill pile up at the end is cool and off-putting at the same time.

He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".

Comment

• Originally posted by FukO View Post
        I've watched the trailers several times and I'm still on the fence about this movie. I don't know what it is. I'm going to watch it but I'm not expecting much. That ant hill pile up at the end is cool and off-putting at the same time.
        Yeah I'm attempting to remain optimistic about this one. I won't be surprised if it tanks, but honestly it looks like a pretty thrilling movie so I'm on board to check it out (unless it gets slaughtered by critics and fans... in that case I'll wait to see it for free).

Comment

• Apparently the early buzz is that it's actually really good.

http://www.blastr.com/2013-5-23/1st-...ght-not-be-bad

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
            Apparently the early buzz is that it's actually really good.

http://www.blastr.com/2013-5-23/1st-...ght-not-be-bad
            I was reading some twitter reactions as well, surprisingly positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
              Have you seen the movie or something?

Even if the movie is halfway decent most of you already have made your minds up that you hate it.
              Why do you have such a hard on for sticking up for this movie? No I have not seen the film yet nor do I plan on it, at least till it hits dvd, what I have done is read the book and what is on that screen is absolutely NOTHING like the book and that pisses me off and it pisses a lot of other people off and there is ZERO reason why it couldn't be at least a little like the book but Brad Pitt and a round table of corporate cockknockers decided they wanted a dumb down virus film that will show a lot more of Pitt and a lot less story.

It's called WORLD WAR Z and the Z stands for Zombies and if the fast moving cgi things in that film are simply people infected with some bullshit rage virus than they are not zombies they are pissed off infected people... alas the Z henceforth stands for NOTHING and the makers of the film shit all over a perfectly good story so that they could fill the seats with 9 year olds because in the book the "Z"ombies were good old fashioned, Romero-like, slow moving dead people who eat living flesh. Even Brad Pitt is coming forward saying the movie is shit. I've already stated before that I do not know wither the film will be good or not only that what is being shown looks like garbage and being a fan of the source material that angers me.

My favorite horror film of all time is the original Dawn of the Dead and when that remake came out I was all over the interwebs including this board spewing all sorts of hate for it and yelling from the top of a soapbox that the film will be the worst thing since Cher's aborted pap smear decided it could dance on tv but I was first in line at theaters to see it just so I could go online and tell everyone triumphantly that I was 100% correct and that the film was a shit sandwich that we all took a bite of however you know what? I wound up liking the film, not loved but merely liked and I had to eat my words and tell everyone I was wrong, the same might very well be true for this film and believe me I'll come in here and proclaim my ignorance and tip my cap to Pitt for his genius choices but until I see the film all I or any of the other haters have to go by is the bottom of the barrel shitty looking trailer and until than I will continue to yell from top of the mountain that this film looks like poo poo smeared with sick.

So I ask again why are we not allowed to have our opinions? And why do you feel the need to keep sticking up for this film, a film that I should mention that you have not seen either so why is it so important to you that we all keep quiet about our feelings? Did you or a loved one work on the film and were all unknowingly being rude or do you have stock in Paramount?

I'm not trying to start shit or fight with you Rev, because you're good people and you make me giggle on occasion, but the odd love for this film just strikes me as silly
              Last edited by Mr. Bill; 05-30-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                Why do you have such a hard on for sticking up for this movie? No I have not seen the film yet nor do I plan on it, at least till it hits dvd, what I have done is read the book and what is on that screen is absolutely NOTHING like the book and that pisses me off and it pisses a lot of other people off and there is ZERO reason why it couldn't be at least a little like the book but Brad Pitt and a round table of corporate cockknockers decided they wanted a dumb down virus film that will show a lot more of Pitt and a lot less story.

It's called WORLD WAR Z and the Z stands for Zombies and if the fast moving cgi things in that film are simply people infected with some bullshit rage virus than they are not zombies they are pissed off infected people... alas the Z henceforth stands for NOTHING and the makers of the film shit all over a perfectly good story so that they could fill the seats with 9 year olds because in the book the "Z"ombies were good old fashioned, Romero-like, slow moving dead people who eat living flesh. Even Brad Pitt is coming forward saying the movie is shit. I've already stated before that I do not know wither the film will be good or not only that what is being shown looks like garbage and being a fan of the source material that angers me.

My favorite horror film of all time is the original Dawn of the Dead and when that remake came out I was all over the interwebs including this board spewing all sorts of hate for it and yelling from the top of a soapbox that the film will be the worst thing since Cher's aborted pap smear decided it could dance on tv but I was first in line at theaters to see it just so I could go online and tell everyone triumphantly that I was 100% correct and that the film was a shit sandwich that we all took a bite of however you know what? I wound up liking the film, not loved but merely liked and I had to eat my words and tell everyone I was wrong, the same might very well be true for this film and believe me I'll come in here and proclaim my ignorance and tip my cap to Pitt for his genius choices but until I see the film all I or any of the other haters have to go by is the bottom of the barrel shitty looking trailer and until than I will continue to yell from top of the mountain that this film looks like poo poo smeared with sick.

So I ask again why are we not allowed to have our opinions? And why do you feel the need to keep sticking up for this film, a film that I should mention that you have not seen either so why is it so important to you that we all keep quiet about our feelings? Did you or a loved one work on the film and were all unknowingly being rude or do you have stock in Paramount?
                Settle down champ. I just find it odd you called a movie an "abortion" even though you haven't even seen it.

I already stated why I'm "defending" the movie a while ago so feel free to read those posts again. But mainly because this isn't a horror zombie horror show that focuses on the undead creatures (and it appears the early reactions confirm that), but an epidemic action adventure film... And that's exactly what the trailer is suggesting it is. Sure it deviates from the source material, we will get over it... so lets look at what we have and accept it as its own movie. You don't like what you see, I kind of like what I see. I'm not saying this is going to be some great film (nor have I before) but I refuse to condemn something I haven't seen yet. It could be good, I hope it is. It doesn't look like the worst thing ever, but its a big budget studio film with a huge name actor at the helm so its an easy target. Plus, early word is certainly better than I expected to be.

I feel that expectations are in the wrong place, that's all. I never challenged your right to an opinion, and I was simply stating mine. But I'm also not sticking it for it so passionately like you think I am. The extremely negative reactions from some people just has me confused. Chill out man, everybody gets so hostile here too quickly.

I watched the trailer one time on my computer and once in the theater last week before the Great Gatsby... How am I so in love with this? I could really care less if it bombs.

Comment

Not sure about this. The massive horde of zombies does look cool but a bit silly at the same time.
                  I totally agree, that massive horde looks great for a few moments then it becomes a bit ridiculous to me. I'll wait till the dvd release.

Comment

• Looks pretty shitty to my eyes.

What a waste of a license.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• We shall have to agree to disagree, no harm done.

I'll reserve the rest of my opinions until the movie is actually released and we can talk about more than a three minute trailer.

Comment

• Dread Central: "WWZ is not a horror movie at all."

Comment

• Originally posted by VampressTristine View Post
                          Dread Central: "WWZ is not a horror movie at all."
                          We don't need Dread Central to tell us that. Clearly the film is a big budget action disaster film featuring zombies.

Comment

We don't need Dread Central to tell us that. Clearly the film is a big budget action disaster film featuring zombies.
                            According to early reviews, its protracted middle precludes it from being an action flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by VampressTristine View Post
                              According to early reviews, its protracted middle precludes it from being an action flick.
                              What reviews say blah blah blah. It looks more action than horror.

Comment

• Yep, that seems to be the goal of the marketing campaign.

Comment

Working...
                                X