No announcement yet.

Sinister (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saw it on saturday night, great crowd. pretty solid, entertaining, dark as fuck [SPOILER]especially the ending; it's still kind of nagging at me. the other night, while falling asleep i was thinking about the end and the lawn mower scene, then the dog moved, rattling her caller, and i kind of awoke with a start[/SPOILER]. it's interesting to see modern horror movie cliches wrought by movies like the sixth sense, recent possession movies, and japanese horror and (especially) their american remakes, combined into something that pulls on a lot of horror genres. the super 8 stuff i thought was awesome, i actually jumped a few times internally, and the screams of the "straight" audience, followed by their nervous laughter, was priceless. i recommend it.

2015 all-genre draft
    1. hero at large (1980)
    2. mystery men (1999)
    3. super (2010)
    4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
    5. batman returns (1992)
    6, spider-man strikes back (197
    7. the specials (2000)
    8. darkman (1990)
    9. supergirl (1984)
    10. defendor (2009)

Comment

Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
      saw it on saturday night, great crowd. pretty solid, entertaining, dark as fuck [SPOILER]especially the ending; it's still kind of nagging at me. the other night, while falling asleep i was thinking about the end and the lawn mower scene, then the dog moved, rattling her caller, and i kind of awoke with a start[/SPOILER]. it's interesting to see modern horror movie cliches wrought by movies like the sixth sense, recent possession movies, and japanese horror and (especially) their american remakes, combined into something that pulls on a lot of horror genres. the super 8 stuff i thought was awesome, i actually jumped a few times internally, and the screams of the "straight" audience, followed by their nervous laughter, was priceless. i recommend it.
      I love how a good movie theater crowd can make your movie watching experience just that much better. I'm looking forward to watching this flick!
      "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

Thought it was crap. 90 minutes of shitty jump scares and bad makeup. The idea is cool and Hawke is good in his role but yea, the majority of the movie blew.

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

Finally going to the matinee tomorrow, can't wait to see this film!

Comment

I really enjoyed this film! Very creepy and gave me chills. One of the best horror films of the year, I'm already looking forward to watching this again.

Comment

I may go give it a watch tomorrow night! Hopefully it's 4.50+ good even though i'm shelling out 8.50.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                I may go give it a watch tomorrow night! Hopefully it's 4.50+ good even though i'm shelling out 8.50.
                Let us know what you think of it.

Comment

Will definitely do!

Comment

Just saw this on EP. I fucking hate these type of films, which a passion so great I'd sacrifice children to dodge watching one.

However this looks rather good, as ashamed to admit it as I am. I like how the Found Footage doesn't act as the film itself, but as an aspect in it. Maybe that's why I'm not against the idea so much, the 'ghost' like figure looks pretty bad ass too. Only time will tell if it's good, given my feelings on this type of genre my exceptions are pretty fucking low, so that'll hopefully work for it.
                    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                    My little idiot..

Comment

Video Review of Sinister

Horror Guru and I just did a Friday Night Fright Flicks episode on Sinister. Our opinion was very divided on this movie.

Watch www.thecountjackulashow.com
                      Or follow us on Twitter @Count_Jackula
                      Or Facebook The Count Jackula Show Fanpage

Comment

Originally posted by CountJackula View Post
                        Horror Guru and I just did a Friday Night Fright Flicks episode on Sinister. Our opinion was very divided on this movie.

Thanks for saying what it's like, not like this site is for sharing opinions.

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                        Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                        My little idiot..

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
                          Thanks for saying what it's like, not like this site is for sharing opinions.
                          I know, right. Who shares opinions on the internet.

Comment

I thought this movie sucked pretty hard, all it there was is jump scares and a whole hell of a lot of nothing ever paying off or any events happening.

I love myself a good slow burner, but this was not one for me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
                              I thought this movie sucked pretty hard, all it there was is jump scares and a whole hell of a lot of nothing ever paying off or any events happening.

Interesting, but I very strongly disagree. This is one of the best modern horror films out there in my opinion. Some truly frightening scenes and the atmosphere is extremely creepy and haunting. This was a film that I won't soon forget.

Also.... imo, there was plenty of pay off and the ending was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post

Yeah that's pretty much where I was, obviously Horror Guru disagreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X