No announcement yet.

Sinister (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look forward to this. The first one was pretty good and the home movies were very disturbing. I almost shit my pants during the lawn work sequence.

I hope they come up with even creepier home movies the second time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
      Sequel is now officially moving forward. Hell yes!

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/642...moving-forward

Damn nice. Best horror movie in years. If you don't agree, you need Lawn Work '13 on your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayy View Post
        Damn nice. Best horror movie in years. If you don't agree, you need Lawn Work '13 on your head.
        I'd give the edge to Insidious, but it's definitely up there.

I just hope Derrickson comes back to direct.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
          This movie suffered from having showed way too many of the creepy scenes in the trailer. That ruined a lot for me since I could predict how many of the scenes would go, having seen the trailer.
          This was a pretty amateur mistake, I agree. This could've been really impactful, but instead, I saw the box of movies and thought, soon comes the family hanging from a tree. The fact that we know the designs of these movies so well and then are given reveals in the trailers, leaves little wiggle room for any kind of surprises in the plot.

Otherwise, I thought this was a fairly decent movie. Not quite a showstopper, but I'll definitely own it.

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
          One thing bothered me..

If you heard a noise or something in your house and you got out of bed to look around .. Wouldn't you turn on a light? Lol

Hawke goes around in the dark for most of the movie.
          I thought that was pretty stupid too. Who checks out their house with a flashlight? Everyone knows the boogeyman is allergic to light.

My problems with the movie were very trivial. Not turning on the lights like you said, the fact the he the writer never seemed to write, and the stupid fucking jump out scare to end the movie. They had landed the final scene without showing a gotcha shot of the killer.

Still, better than average, especially if grading on a curve. 7.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
            Sequel is now officially moving forward. Hell yes!

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/642...moving-forward
            Very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
              This was a pretty amateur mistake, I agree. This could've been really impactful, but instead, I saw the box of movies and thought, soon comes the family hanging from a tree. The fact that we know the designs of these movies so well and then are given reveals in the trailers, leaves little wiggle room for any kind of surprises in the plot.

Otherwise, I thought this was a fairly decent movie. Not quite a showstopper, but I'll definitely own it.

I thought that was pretty stupid too. Who checks out their house with a flashlight? Everyone knows the boogeyman is allergic to light.

My problems with the movie were very trivial. Not turning on the lights like you said, the fact the he the writer never seemed to write, and the stupid fucking jump out scare to end the movie. They had landed the final scene without showing a gotcha shot of the killer.

Still, better than average, especially if grading on a curve. 7.5/10
              dude that final 2 seconds pissed me the fuck off

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                dude that final 2 seconds pissed me the fuck off
                What is everyone's problem with the last two seconds? It frightened the life out of me!
                ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hope Christopher Young returns to provide the music.

Comment

A sequel could be interesting... I'd be down for more of a back story on the Bughuul thing.

Comment

• Really dug this one. Slow burn, great atmosphere and some nicely timed jumps. The last shot is terrible though, and feels out of place. One of those studio mandated things "We can't end the movie without one final (lame) jump scare!"

Comment

• Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
                        What is everyone's problem with the last two seconds? It frightened the life out of me!
                        It's just a shlocky way to end an otherwise effective movie. It's the "I Know What you Did Last Summer" way to end a movie, which makes me feel like the director didn't have enough confidence to just roll credits after the story was finished.

I know, nitpicky, but it sticks out.

If you found it effective though, I'm sure others feel the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                          It's just a shlocky way to end an otherwise effective movie. It's the "I Know What you Did Last Summer" way to end a movie, which makes me feel like the director didn't have enough confidence to just roll credits after the story was finished.

I know, nitpicky, but it sticks out.

If you found it effective though, I'm sure others feel the same.
                          Yeah it wasn't a game breaker or anything, just felt kind of cheap.... and ultra campy which totally contrasted the rest of the movie.

Comment

• for me, the movie pretty much ended, effectively, when ethan hawke [SPOILER]is lying on the floor, realizes everything just as his daughter is about to finish killing the whole family with him[/SPOILER]. the oppressive darkness and nihilism of this moment just charmed me. the other reveal sorta falls into a nightmare on elm street territory for me, i can let it go just like i can let go of inflatable doll/ronee blakely being pulled through a tiny window.

If we suddenly fall should I scream out
                            Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
                            So frightened of dying
                            Relax, yes, I’m trying
                            But fear's got a hold on me

Comment

• I didn't mind this film but I don't get the support behind the home movies, especially yard work. While yard work was the best/most creative one, it was still just a quick 20 second scene with a jump scare at the end. Nothing we haven't seen before. Don't get me wrong the movie wasn't bad, I think I gave it a 7 a few pages back, but it was just kind of underwhelming to me. Especially, after some of the reviews I read about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayy View Post
                                Hope Christopher Young returns to provide the music.
                                Never knew he did the music for this, can see why I love the music in this since he also did Hellraiser.
                                “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

Working...
                                X