Sinister (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
    i agree that it would be effective but I watched a special showing of The Blair Witch Project and the people behind me said during the credits "didn't fuckin' see anything."
    That's your own fault for watching shit at a theatre.
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
    My little idiot..

Comment

• The typical boo scares were kind of lame but the home movie footage really did it for me.

Creepy stuff.
      Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Then it's my job to teach them how to do it, how they will be able to master a rockhard dick with their skillfull tongue - simple. I did that once, I'll do it again, no prob for Santa.

Comment

• There were some very good elements to this film. I agree with geek, the home footage was excellent, the only problem is the bughuul character wasn't actually that scary. More like a different version of IT the clown. Still, its the sort of movie I can watch with other people who will shit their pants.

I have to watch most of my stuff alone because its too extreme

Comment

• It had a great premise, some good moments but overall it was poorly executed and very average. The main thing that ruined it was the lame ghost kids, that looked like they had cheap halloween make up on, which was just lame. They should have made them appear more ghostly and menacing, rather than just kids running around a set.

Plus of course you had so many cheap boo scare moments. Its pretty sad that such an average horror movie gets so much hype and praise these days. Shows what a hole hollywood is in.

Comment

• I felt as though the trailer showed an amazing upcoming horror movie with plenty of scares and the actual movie was SO disappointing. I guess that's the case with a lot of horrors now though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirage01 View Post
              It had a great premise, some good moments but overall it was poorly executed and very average. The main thing that ruined it was the lame ghost kids, that looked like they had cheap halloween make up on, which was just lame. They should have made them appear more ghostly and menacing, rather than just kids running around a set.

Plus of course you had so many cheap boo scare moments. Its pretty sad that such an average horror movie gets so much hype and praise these days. Shows what a hole hollywood is in.
              When has hollywood EVER put on consistently good horror? Sure we aren't getting any Psycho or Exorcist quality films but It's crazy to think that hollywood was pumping out all these fantastic horror movies, when in reality they weren't.

Good horror is out there, it's just a bit harder to find these days.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• This movie was highly recommended to me by a fellow genre fan amd i was pumped to purchase it and see it until I read a lot of this thread.
                I will still give it a shot though

Comment

• Originally posted by munster View Post
                  This movie was highly recommended to me by a fellow genre fan amd i was pumped to purchase it and see it until I read a lot of this thread.
                  I will still give it a shot though

Watch the movie before you read stuff here. Sinister straight up kicks ass. Easily one of the best horror movies in years.

Lawn Work '86. Nuff said.

Comment

• I enjoyed it,some genuinely scary parts including the found footage which I thought was fantastically creepy but about halfway through I think we all knew the kids of each family were the ones doing it,I didn't care for the use of the kids,they weren't creepy at all and kind of ruined the moments.I think it Would have been better to not have shown them at all or at least not until the very end were you could have had Hawke's daughter see the rest of the kids and then Boogie.
                    Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayy View Post

Watch the movie before you read stuff here. Sinister straight up kicks ass. Easily one of the best horror movies in years.

Lawn Work '86. Nuff said.
                      ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Most definitely one of the best horror movies in recent years, a very effective film & one that became an instant favorite of mine. I love the mythology created for Bughuul & how he's portrayed. The whole scenario behind how he handles his business is pretty unique, & I'm interested in seeing what more could be done with a sequel that expands on the mythology of Bughuul without giving taking away the mystery entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                          When has hollywood EVER put on consistently good horror? Sure we aren't getting any Psycho or Exorcist quality films but It's crazy to think that hollywood was pumping out all these fantastic horror movies, when in reality they weren't.

Good horror is out there, it's just a bit harder to find these days.
                          true but at least in the past the average ones weren't praised so highly like recent batches. Its all become so benign, not too confronting or offensive. Literally dozens of 80s b movie horrors are better than what we get these days. This is kids stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirage01 View Post
                            true but at least in the past the average ones weren't praised so highly like recent batches. Its all become so benign, not too confronting or offensive. Literally dozens of 80s b movie horrors are better than what we get these days. This is kids stuff.
                            No. You're letting your idiotic brain let nostalgia crowd real, unbiased and objective opinions.

You need to realize that in twenty years people are going to talk about modern movies & franchises like Saw the exact same way horror geeks talk about Friday & NOES now. You're mind is already made up to expect negative things so you nit pick any way you can.

Grow up homie. You sound like an old man who's going all "Back in my Day!" on us.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                              No. You're letting your idiotic brain let nostalgia crowd real, unbiased and objective opinions.

You need to realize that in twenty years people are going to talk about modern movies & franchises like Saw the exact same way horror geeks talk about Friday & NOES now. You're mind is already made up to expect negative things so you nit pick any way you can.

Grow up homie. You sound like an old man who's going all "Back in my Day!" on us.
                              If that's true, I'm a little sad for all those stupid assholes who will be holding Saw up as a classic franchise. The torture trap genre is a tedious bore for the most part. Give me the dumb brainless fun of slashers any day.

Then again, I'd be willing to wager plenty of people will still be talking about Friday & NOES however many decades you want to jump ahead. And something will definitely come along to blow the likes of Saw out of the water in the next twenty years.

Comment

• Sinister was one of the biggest surprises I've seen in awhile. Going in I thought it was going to typical generic supernatural crap and it ended up unnerving me quite a bit.

Scott Derrickson needs to make more quality films like this.
                                Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Then it's my job to teach them how to do it, how they will be able to master a rockhard dick with their skillfull tongue - simple. I did that once, I'll do it again, no prob for Santa.

Comment

Working...
                                X