X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinister (2012)

Sinister (2012)

[YOUTUBE]to2A1ycR40Q[/YOUTUBE]

Found footage helps a true-crime novelist realize how and why a family was murdered in his new home, though his discoveries put his entire family in the path of a supernatural entity.

In the cast we have people as capable as Ethan Hawke and Vincent D'Onofrio, and behind the scenes with Scott Derrickson, a guy who can direct movies as the correct Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005) and shit like The Day the Earth Stood Still.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1922777/

This actually looks quite good! Trailer scared the shit out of me. Nice cinematography, nice cast, interesting plot, count me in.

Comment

Looks like it has a similar feel to Insidious, which isn't a bad thing. Decent cast and a new boogeyman. We'll have to wait and see if it's any good though.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

Could be a good one. But I doubt it will top the awesomeness of "Insidious".
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Ghost stories freak me out and this one looks the goods. I'm in.

Comment

More found footage? Good lord. I'm shocked that those who constantly rant about the glut of remakes and reimaginings are hopping on he bandwagon of every gimmicky (just as gimmicky as 3D) found footage film. It seems every week brings a new one so that a true cineaste can't enjoy a horror movie these days without suffering at least one shoehorned found-footage subplot. Ugh!

Comment

Great trailer, I can't wait to see this!

Comment

Looks decent, I'm not the biggest fan of Ethan Hawke but I do like Vincent D'Onofrio so it should be good

Comment

This is getting some pretty damn good reviews so far...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sinister_2012/

I'll be there opening day, hopefully it really does deliver on the scares like the critics are saying!

Comment

The poster looks really generic, but I really like the trailer. It actually looks like it's got some genuine scares.

Comment

Why does the villian look like some goth rock reject? Yeah, I won't pay to see this.

Comment

If the movie is half as good as Insidious, then I'm definitely going to enjoy the hell out of look. Here's hoping.

Latest BSC: Slumber Party Massacre Review
                        Latest BSA: The Mist (Stephen King) vs. The Mist (Frank Darabont) Part I & Part II
                        Latest BSVlog: Storage 24 Review
                        Latest FNFF: Maniac (2013) Review

Comment

Red Band Trailer

Looks worthwhile to me.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                          Jurassic World - 7/10
                          Speed - 8.5/10
                          John Wick - 9.5/10
                          The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                            Red Band Trailer

Looks worthwhile to me.
                            This actually looks like something that has the potential to be scary.

The end of the trailer, with the family being hanged, made my skin crawl.

Comment

The total absence of dialogue in the trailer makes this kinda...effective? I guess so.
                              Looks promising.
                              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
                              X