No announcement yet.

Silent Night (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol at the ones praising this pierce of shit movie who hates on Cabin In The Woods.

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
      lol at the ones praising this pierce of shit movie who hates on Cabin In The Woods.
      LOL at the one who can't spell or put a sentence together properly.

Comment

About to watch this...hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
          About to watch this...hoping for the best.
          Don't expect too much, I just finished it. It was imo at best mediocre, not even Malcom McDowell could save it. It felt too lengthily, almost no tension and the absence of the emerging guessing, who the killer might be. Though, some kills were memorable, especially the one with the [SPOILER]woodchipper[/SPOILER].
          I wouldn't call it a waste of time, but it's not the best entertainment you do get after investing your precious time in.

4/10
          Last edited by Santa; 12-02-2012, 04:13 PM.
          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Silent Night

Still trying to collect my thoughts on this one. Overall I think I liked it, but there were definitely some groan worthy scenes. Like what is with all the freaking slo-motion? Was this film under the impression it was Thriller?!? Anyway, some things I did like was the acting. Both Jamie King and Malcolm McDowell do descent jobs at carrying this film, and the killer was pretty menacing. I also enjoyed the little nods to the original as well as part 2. I gotta say that the priest character was really overdone and unneeded. Not a terrible film but not an amazing one either. May require repeat viewings in order to make up my mind.

I just remembered how dumb it was that the killer used brass knuckles that said ho ho ho on them...really?!?

Comment

That's the shit that I can't stand!1111 I have no desire to see this one since, as far as I'm concerned, the only watchable slasher is Halloween.

Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
              I actually mostly agree with you on that point. Cabin in The Woods had ambition. I don't like to judge movies I haven't seen, but Silent Night just looks like an average slasher. My guess is it probably isn't too far from a piece of shit.
              Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
              LOL at the one who can't spell or put a sentence together properly.
              Last edited by Edo; 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
                I just remembered how dumb it was that the killer used brass knuckles that said ho ho ho on them...really?!?

[SPOILER]That was a fun kill though.[/SPOILER]

Comment

There's a lot to like about this one, most notably the fact that it indulges in it's genres exploits quite handily and gets a lot of good mileage out of those factors. As a slasher, there's a wide assortment of deaths in here that are pretty bloody and graphic but also incredibly diverse and really don't repeat themselves all too often. As well, there's a few genuinely creepy stalking scenes that work to the movie's advantage and delivers when it needs to, even providing a real action-packed climax that's quite enjoyable. While the story itself works rather nicely, the fact that there's some pretty big holes of logic all ensuing from the rather irrational manner of making this a who-dun-it rather than a faceless slasher effort is the biggest problem here, the forced inclusion of red herrings being quite needless and not really providing this with any real purpose. Otherwise, this was a really enjoyable effort.
                  http://gorelord84.filmaf.com/

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?

Most people are like slinkies: not really good for anything but you can't help laughing as one falls down the stairs.

Comment

Working...
                  X