Silent Night (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Night (2012)

The upcoming remake of the 80's slasher classic Silent Night, Deadly Night.

Directed by Steven C. Miller (Automaton Transfusion) and starring Malcolm McDowell, Jaime King, and Brendan Fehr.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2347497/

I love the original and it'll be very interested to see how this turns out!

It's gonna be "PUNISH,PUNISH" again I'm looking forward to this remake

Comment

At first I hated the idea of remaking Silent Night, Deadly Night. Hated the director's first two films (Autmaton Tranfusion and Scream of the Banshee). But than I saw The Aggression Scale and loved it.

I like that they aren't directly remaking the first film, the cast sounds great and there's promise of some major blood shed.

Sign me up.
      Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Then it's my job to teach them how to do it, how they will be able to master a rockhard dick with their skillfull tongue - simple. I did that once, I'll do it again, no prob for Santa.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
        But than I saw The Aggression Scale and loved it.
        I'll need to watch that. Automaton Transfusion is the only film of his that I've seen and it wasn't very good at all... but a couple of moments did kinda stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
          I'll need to watch that. Automaton Transfusion is the only film of his that I've seen and it wasn't very good at all... but a couple of moments did kinda stand out.
          It had some solid FX work for such a low budget flick. I'll give it that.

I won't hold Scream of the Banshee against him, though since I've heard he was very displeased with the final cut of that film.

His next film (besides Silent Night) is a monster flick called Under the Bed and has been getting rave reviews from screening. Looking forward to it.
          Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Then it's my job to teach them how to do it, how they will be able to master a rockhard dick with their skillfull tongue - simple. I did that once, I'll do it again, no prob for Santa.

Comment

... holy night, all is calm, all is bright, round yon virgin's... yerwhat?! Silent Night, Deadly Night is being remade???

But Silent Night is the bestestest seasonal slasher ever made, well, aside from Black Christmas (natch) so what's the bloody point in remaking a film that features a naked Linnea Quigley getting her boobs impaled on a wall mounted set of antlers? I mean, cumon, nothing can ever top that!!!
            This seems ill-advised, silly and offensive. In fact, it seems downriight NAUGHTY and the team behind it should be PUNISHED!

Comment

Directed by Steven C. Miller (Automaton Transfusion)
              Oh boy I am excited I'm being sarcastic

Comment

Mogwai I hereby announce you Larrikin...herehere

Comment

The upcoming remake of the 80's slasher classic Silent Night, Deadly Night.

Directed by Steven C. Miller (Automaton Transfusion) and starring Malcolm McDowell, Jaime King, and Brendan Fehr.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2347497/

I love the original and it'll be very interested to see how this turns out!
                  Oh God... I'll give anyone here, the copy of that movie, that I own.

Comment

Originally posted by WayOfTheHammer View Post
                    Mogwai I hereby announce you Larrikin...herehere
                    Hells bells, I bloody love the moniker "larrikin". Fits me to a tee Splatty!

Comment

Automaton Transfusion was literally one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It has nothing to do with being a low budget flick.. it was just seriously bad. I don't have high hopes for this remake. The original used to scare me as a kid, though, particularly that scene in the beginning when "Santa" kills the guy's parents.

Was there a Tales from the Crypt episode that had a killer Santa Claus in it? I remember that scaring the hell out of me, too.
                      "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Panic View Post
                        Was there a Tales from the Crypt episode that had a killer Santa Claus in it? I remember that scaring the hell out of me, too.
                        'And All Through the House', that episode rules!

Comment

Fuck Automaton Transfusion, I just watched the director's latest film The Aggression Scale and loved it. Hopefully Silent Night will be up to par with that project... only time will tell.

Comment

I was anticipating this one until I discovered who was directing it.

Comment

'And All Through the House', that episode rules!

But that's a remake of the original Tales from the Crypt segment from 1972..

Comment

Working...
                              X