The Bay (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bay (2012)

Directed by Barry Levinson (Sleepers) and starring Kristen Connolly (The Cabin in the Woods), in theaters November 2nd.

Trailer

Looks like this could be interesting... anyone else here heard of this upcoming film?

no i haven't but ill give it a go when the dvd comes around

Comment

Damn, that trailer was pretty good. The bug jumping out of the fish made my fuckin skin crawl... I hate bugs. I love virus movies, and this looks pretty disturbing.

Comment

Looks decent, I'll definitely check it out when it hits dvd

Comment

The trailers up on imdb and it looks really good. Parasites...shudder....

Comment

Oh goody, another vague shaky cam horror. Just what the genre needs right now. But this one's got fish! I'm so excited I could spin my camcorder around and over my head and projectile vomit into the lens. In fact, hang on a sec, if I did do that I could probably sell it as a new horror film. Here goes nothing...

Comment

I just finished watching this and it will make you not want to swim or drink water ever. I enjoyed it and it was great to see Barry Levinson try his hand at horror.
              "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
                I just finished watching this and it will make you not want to swim or drink water ever. I enjoyed it and it was great to see Barry Levinson try his hand at horror.
                Agreed. Surprisingly awesome movie.

Comment

I thought this was only okay, kinda boring. Some interesting aspects though. It just felt like it needed something more.

Comment

This flick was a little dull, but not awful. There were a few cool scenes and the general idea of the movie was solid. There were just a lot of scenes that dragged.
                    "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

This was surprisingly good, I would highly recommend it

Comment

I will give this a chance in the next few days, at least it looks promising in the trailer.

[YOUTUBE]ctkkn1qSYKw[/YOUTUBE]
                        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                          I will give this a chance in the next few days, at least it looks promising in the trailer.

[YOUTUBE]ctkkn1qSYKw[/YOUTUBE]
                          Maybe a lil late, but I hope you watched, and enjoyed it. This movie def. got under my skin.... and ate through it.

Comment

Its on my watch list, although I'm kinda getting over this style of movie. But rest assured I'll end up buying antibacterial shit just from paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
                              Its on my watch list, although I'm kinda getting over this style of movie. But rest assured I'll end up buying antibacterial shit just from paranoia.
                              Ya, I kinda felt the same way after watching. Bugs.... ugh *squirms* As for the style, ya, it's found footage, but it does a few things differently enough, that I enjoyed it. For one, it doesn't use the same camera the entire time. There's not a lot of shakity shake either in the camera work. Also, the whole "We gotta keep recording this" excuse is usually so annoying, and doesn't make any sense, but here the environment issue actually gives the camera la raison d'etre, and is helped further, by not having the entire film revolve around 1 or 2 people carrying the camera.

I really enjoyed this movie, and would even go as far as to say I liked the science fiction explanation parts of the story, more than the horror, although the effects were good, and creeped me the fuck out.

Comment

Working...
                              X