No announcement yet.

The Faculty (1998)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this movie, i seen many times, really fun watch!

Pretty good movie. Effects were good, acting, story, you name it. Many cool moments but one in particular I really like with Josh and Famke close to the end of the movie when she loses her head. I love Joshes line, "Fuck this I'm outta here" lol

Another funny line is when they're trying to give Principle Drake the test. The one guy says, "You stick her and I'll shoot her before it erupts all over the place."

Also, did anyone else have a boner for Principle Drake? I know I did

He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".

I saw this last night for the first time and actually really enjoyed it! Kevin Williamson definitely went for the Scream vibe rather than the dreadful I Know What You Did Last Summer! It's smart, irreverent and extremely entertaining. There was never a dull moment and the over-the-top effects were a lot of fun. It reminded me a lot of Slither actually. It was also nice to get a few likable characters and the cast was brilliant. The only trouble is that it was often predictable, with a disappointingly clichéd happy ending. Still, it's a ton of fun!

""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

Great movie, new it would be great since i saw it advertised on a Halloween h20 vhs (oh the momories) it was a big topic on the school yard when it broke over here. I thought it was a great twist on a who dunnit story which alot of people fail to see. Awesome ensemble of character and veterans. 8/10

I've always felt this was a sadly underrated, forgotten gem. It never tried to be more than what it was, a fun, crazy, funny sci-fi horror from a red-hot (at the time) Kevin Williamson and Robert Rodriguez. Definitely one of those movies I can watch and enjoy over and over.

And as a follow-up to my original post on this thread, the Blu-ray is gorgeous.

2015 Horror Draft
            In the Mouth of Madness
            Cast a Deadly Spell
            The Call of Cthulhu
            Call Girl of Cthulhu
            The Dunwich Horror
            The Resurrected (Shatterbrain)
            Dreams in the Witch-House
            Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown
            The Haunted Palace

Originally posted by Frey View Post
              I hate being the negative nancy of the thread but I didnt really like this much. I havent seen it since it was in theaters so what I do remember of it I wasnt really impressed with. I do remember at the end when Elijah Wood and his love interest were talking I was able to see the bottom half of the boom mic hanging in view which I found to be a bit ridiculous. The best part of the movie for me was the cover of Another Brick In The Wall and that wasnt even great considering Layne Staley's vocals sounded similar to what I would imagne Bill Murray sounds like when he wakes up in the morning. All in all I thought it was pretty bad for a Rodriguez film.
              I think sometimes the boom mike can be the fault of the theater. Not all of the image is meant to be projected... something like that. Could be wrong.

As to the movie, I recently rewatched it and really enjoyed. It's a compilation of tropes and actors that are great 90s nostalgia. Well put together. Funny at times. I could definitely watch it once a year for the foreseeable future.

Originally posted by JeffyPop View Post
                I think sometimes the boom mike can be the fault of the theater. Not all of the image is meant to be projected... something like that. Could be wrong.
                Did you happen to catch the Omen remake in the theater, man the boom was in the frame so much it nearly won best supporting actor.

FROM DUSK TILL DAWN is one of my favourite films of all time. And I recall looking forward to Rodriguez's next film but this was like a gnat's-fart after a tornado! Such a lame film. It features some of the poorest CGI ever placed on screen. Much as I respect RR as a film-maker, this was by far one of his weakest efforts.
                  "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

This movie is fun, nothing more. For me Rodriguez isn't half as good as he's made out to be.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
                    2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
                    3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
                    4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
                    5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
                    6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
                    7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
                    8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
                    9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
                    10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

This was one of the movies tat really got me into hoor/sci-fi when I was a kid and it first came out. I've probibly seen it 15 times and it never gets old, funny writing, and the suspence is pretty good.