The Possession (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Possession (2012)

"The Possession"......This is a damn fine dramatic thriller/chiller!! The atmosphere, music, tension, character building, plot, and acting are all solid. It is an incredibly well done, intricately put together and thoroughly thought out film! The movie is essentially all suspense/build up/tension and/or drama between the family. There was plenty of character building, maturing of plot, and overall depth all throughout! I did, however, find the infestation of moths to be cheesy and thought we didnt need to see that. Jeffrey Dean Morgan(Clyde) is terrific and Natasha Calis as "Em" is wonderful. What an awesome young talent, who I am sure will become a rising star. The whole cast is strong. Loud/sudden noises/music were plenty, but the atmosphere and build up to many of the scenes helped those things along. Loved the kitchen scene with the mom and "Em", and the hospital/morgue scenes were terrifying! The ending is left open but it worked for me. What also intrigued me about it initially was that it took things from a Jewish perspective, both spiritually and with the exorcism aspect especially. I was pleased with how all of this was incorporated into the movie. Matisyahu as "Tzadok" is very effective too.

9/10

A twin:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/...ad.php?t=63299

Comment

Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
      Oh? The "search" thing is not working for me lately. Ah well...that other thread is in horror news/gossip. It should now be moved into the Modern Horror section.

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
        "The Possession"......This is a damn fine dramatic thriller/chiller!! The atmosphere, music, tension, character building, plot, and acting are all solid. It is an incredibly well done, intricately put together and thoroughly thought out film! The movie is essentially all suspense/build up/tension and/or drama between the family. There was plenty of character building, maturing of plot, and overall depth all throughout! I did, however, find the infestation of moths to be cheesy and thought we didnt need to see that. Jeffrey Dean Morgan(Clyde) is terrific and Natasha Calis as "Em" is wonderful. What an awesome young talent, who I am sure will become a rising star. The whole cast is strong. Loud/sudden noises/music were plenty, but the atmosphere and build up to many of the scenes helped those things along. Loved the kitchen scene with the mom and "Em", and the hospital/morgue scenes were terrifying! The ending is left open but it worked for me. What also intrigued me about it initially was that it took things from a Jewish perspective, both spiritually and with the exorcism aspect especially. I was pleased with how all of this was incorporated into the movie. Matisyahu as "Tzadok" is very effective too.

9/10

yes it was a very well done film with splendid performances. there also were some freaky moments that chilled me.

(8/10)

Comment

Originally posted by RomeroCarpenter Fan View Post
          yes it was a very well done film with splendid performances. there also were some freaky moments that chilled me.

(8/10)
          Loved how the girls x rays showed the demon inside her. Never expected that.

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
            Loved how the girls x rays showed the demon inside her. Never expected that.
            That was one of its many seemingly unintentional comedic moments. I can't rip this flick for them because they added to its overall entertainment value, but if you want to see a similar seen done better, watch BORN.

Comment

This was by far one of the better modern possession films. Kept my interest and has a creepy performance from the possessed girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                That was one of its many seemingly unintentional comedic moments. I can't rip this flick for them because they added to its overall entertainment value, but if you want to see a similar seen done better, watch BORN.
                Yeah, the mongoloid face in the girls ribcage made me laugh to you... you.. Heathen you!
                Overall it's a pretty competent horror film. The story of the central characters is totally cliched. Yer know the score - hubby and wife have divorced, they share custody of the children, there's a new boyfriend/girlfriend in the picture, etc. This type of set up is always convenient when dealing with a "messed up kid" film. That way whatever is wrong with the child can inevitably be blamed on the fact that the child is just not dealing well with the break up of his or her parents. No matter the fact that the little girl speaks in a demonic voice or stabs her dad with a fork, that is quite normal behaviour. And, if she ever rolls her eyes back into her skull and floats around the kitchen then bingo. She's special. definitely not possessed though. Certainly not.

It was fine, the pacing was just about right, I'll give it that much but a few scenes disturbed me and not in an eerie way. There seemed to be ton of shots of the little girls arse as she was wearing short skirts! One scene in particular troubled me - the bit where she magically disappeared Mr Dentist's teeth away. She was stood by a swing wearing knee high boots and a sexy dress. She's meant to be about ten ffs you pervy bastard filmmakers and while I'm on the subject of the ersatz father of the girls... what the fuck became of him? Devil slut jail bait made his mouth bleed, he fled in his car and then what? It could have at least explained what became of the guy? Nah, best to end with the hubby getting back with that horrible mother of the children over a breakfast scene. Closure is for pussies afterall.
                It was alright and had a few moments.
                7/10

Comment

My buddy and I did a video review of the Possesion:

Friday Night Fright Flicks: The Possession

Short version: We thought it was okay.

Latest BSC: Slumber Party Massacre Review
                  Latest BSA: The Mist (Stephen King) vs. The Mist (Frank Darabont) Part I & Part II
                  Latest BSVlog: Storage 24 Review
                  Latest FNFF: Maniac (2013) Review

Comment

Yea I quite enjoyed it and its one I will be buying for my collection

Comment

Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
                      Yeah, the mongoloid face in the girls ribcage made me laugh to you... you.. Heathen you!
                      Overall it's a pretty competent horror film. The story of the central characters is totally cliched. Yer know the score - hubby and wife have divorced, they share custody of the children, there's a new boyfriend/girlfriend in the picture, etc. This type of set up is always convenient when dealing with a "messed up kid" film. That way whatever is wrong with the child can inevitably be blamed on the fact that the child is just not dealing well with the break up of his or her parents. No matter the fact that the little girl speaks in a demonic voice or stabs her dad with a fork, that is quite normal behaviour. And, if she ever rolls her eyes back into her skull and floats around the kitchen then bingo. She's special. definitely not possessed though. Certainly not.

It was fine, the pacing was just about right, I'll give it that much but a few scenes disturbed me and not in an eerie way. There seemed to be ton of shots of the little girls arse as she was wearing short skirts! One scene in particular troubled me - the bit where she magically disappeared Mr Dentist's teeth away. She was stood by a swing wearing knee high boots and a sexy dress. She's meant to be about ten ffs you pervy bastard filmmakers and while I'm on the subject of the ersatz father of the girls... what the fuck became of him? Devil slut jail bait made his mouth bleed, he fled in his car and then what? It could have at least explained what became of the guy? Nah, best to end with the hubby getting back with that horrible mother of the children over a breakfast scene. Closure is for pussies afterall.
                      It was alright and had a few moments.
                      7/10
                      geeze

Comment

It was a decent possession movie,a little different than others since it focused on the jewish side of possession.At most it had a couple eerie scenes but still nothing memorable.Worth a rental at most.
                        Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

Working...
                        X