Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Woman in Black: Angel of Death (2014)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Woman in Black: Angel of Death (2014)


    First art from the new Woman in Black film. Looking for a 2014 release I think? Directed by Tom Harper, who's known for various British TV shows. This one takes place 40 years after the first

    Penned by Jon Croker, “Seized by the government and converted into a military mental hospital during World War II, the sudden arrival of disturbed soldiers to Eel Marsh Harsh has awoken its darkest inhabitant. Eve, a beautiful young nurse, is sent to the house to care for the patients but soon realizes she must save them from more than their own demons. Despite Eve’s efforts to stop her, one by one they fall victim to the Woman in Black.” - Courtesy of BD

    The first I thought was pretty tense, and had some great atmosphere, so I'm def. looking forward to this.

  • #2
    Seems they want to establish a franchise out of the classic dated from 1989.
    Poor writer.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

    Comment


    • #3
      The original was a tv movie, not theaters, and both that one, and the remake were adapted from a novel.

      Comment


      • #4
        Excellent!!! As long as this isn't super low budget and full of bad actors it could be decent.

        Half of the fun of the recent film, though, was the gothic/period-piece feel of it. I'll be keeping my eye out for this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
          Excellent!!! As long as this isn't super low budget and full of bad actors it could be decent.

          Half of the fun of the recent film, though, was the gothic/period-piece feel of it. I'll be keeping my eye out for this.
          I agree. I love period piece horror, like this, Sleep Hollow, and recently watched Black Sunday. The atmosphere really enhances that feeling of dread.

          Comment


          • #6
            Pass, wasn't a fan of the Radcliffe film.

            Comment


            • #7
              That's one odd synopsis. They converted a haunted manor into a mental hospital? Good move. The apparent victims are adults despite the Woman in Black having a penchant for killing children? Good move.

              Regardless of the major WTF, I'll watch it, but I'm more interested in Hammer's next flick THE QUIET ONES.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
                Pass, wasn't a fan of the Radcliffe film.
                what didn't you like about it? Just curious.

                Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                That's one odd synopsis. They converted a haunted manor into a mental hospital? Good move. The apparent victims are adults despite the Woman in Black having a penchant for killing children? Good move.

                Regardless of the major WTF, I'll watch it, but I'm more interested in Hammer's next flick THE QUIET ONES.
                Thought that was a major part of the first film, but we'll see how it turns out. As long as there's some form of explanation, and she doesn't just start killing adults cuz there's no children around.

                Haven't heard much info on The Quiet Ones.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                  what didn't you like about it? Just curious.
                  The horrible jump scares and CGI. I kept losing interest while watching it and I wasn't a fan of the cheesy ending at all. I haven't seen the original film, but this American version sucked.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
                    The horrible jump scares and CGI. I kept losing interest while watching it and I wasn't a fan of the cheesy ending at all. I haven't seen the original film, but this American version sucked.
                    Fair enough, Lane. Maybe this is the first movie we've had exact opposite opinions on. I think there was maybe 2 jump scares at the beginning, and that the movie didn't rely on them for scares. Maybe it had some iffy cgi at times, but the ending was pretty great for me, not cheesy.

                    Oh, and it's British.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                      Fair enough, Lane. Maybe this is the first movie we've had exact opposite opinions on. I think there was maybe 2 jump scares at the beginning, and that the movie didn't rely on them for scares. Maybe it had some iffy cgi at times, but the ending was pretty great for me, not cheesy.

                      Oh, and it's British.
                      lol you beat me to it.

                      I agree with everything you said and will add that Radcliffe was surprisingly excellent in his role.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                        Oh, and it's British.
                        My bad, I just assumed because it's a remake.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X