Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sacrament (Ti Wests' new Film) (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sacrament (Ti Wests' new Film) (2013)

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...the-sacrament/

No details on plot, yet, but shooting starts in a couple of days. Ti West is one of the top 5 modern horror directors out there, so I'm excited for anything he makes, and I know a few of you are looking forward to his next film, as well.

House of the Devil was outstanding and the Innkeepers was just ok... We'll see if he plans on giving us to hold onto after the film is over this time.

Comment

The settings are very good and always well accomplished in his films, but both films only work at times. My feeling is that it always falls short about something. When it seems that something important and great can happen, it ends.

And only a bitter feeling remains at the end.

Comment

House of the Devil is like watching paint dry. Not really excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayy
          Yep .........

Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
          The settings are very good and always well accomplished in his films, but both films only work at times. My feeling is that it always falls short about something. When it seems that something important and great can happen, it ends.

And only a bitter feeling remains at the end.
          I can see that. I felt that way after watching Innkeepers for the first time as well, but when I revisited it, I felt it gelled a lot better, and the ending felt more complete

Also, I don't think anyone liked his segment in VHS, but to me it was the best, and at least made the most sense.
          Last edited by BeRightBack; 11-01-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Sick
            I love HOTD and the Innkeepers was pretty solid as well
            Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

Hopefully this will be better than the awful The Innkeepers.

Comment

I'm not quite sure about the fuss over Ti West, think it highlights the lack of prominent horror directors in recent times. I've seen Cabin Fever 2 (I know execs spoiled it) and it was very lackluster. House of the Devil, although I enjoyed it overall, fell short in the final act after a fantastic build up.

I have nothing against him though and hope he pulls off something great in The Sacrament. I've got The Innkeepers and need to check it out.

Lucky McKee is a recent director whose work I regard highly, The Woman I thought was absolutely fantastic. McKee seems to have something to say like the great directors of old which is missing too often these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                  I'm not quite sure about the fuss over Ti West, think it highlights the lack of prominent horror directors in recent times. I've seen Cabin Fever 2 (I know execs spoiled it) and it was very lackluster. House of the Devil, although I enjoyed it overall, fell short in the final act after a fantastic build up.

I have nothing against him though and hope he pulls off something great in The Sacrament. I've got The Innkeepers and need to check it out.

Lucky McKee is a recent director whose work I regard highly, The Woman I thought was absolutely fantastic. McKee seems to have something to say like the great directors of old which is missing too often these days.
                  The Woman, and May, are solid flicks.

Innkeepers is unfortunately a little on the dull side. I will say this, though. Ti West got a great performance out of the main actress.

I liked Ti's segment in V/H/S and HotD wasn't a bad movie. I'll give this one a once-over.
                  "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

I've loved his work so far (Trigger Man, House of the Devil, The Innkeepers and Cabin Fever 2) but have been unable to find a download of The Roost, so I haven't seen that one yet.

I can see why some people find his work a bit boring though.

I'm looking forward to this.
                    Last edited by No_I'm_Not_The_Babysitter; 12-16-2012, 01:53 AM.

Comment

First photo. I agree with comments on the other BD site. I'd like to see a quicker pace leading to the inevitable unhappy ending. The photo is either proof that we'll get that quicker pace, or a picture of the ending segment of his film lol

Comment

I just can't get into Ti West's films. I find his films to be pretty boring. I'm all for a slow build if it builds up to something worthwhile but his films never do for me.

I like Cabin Fever 2 but everyone including West hates that one.
                        Last edited by The Geek; 01-31-2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

The Roost was awesome, and The House of the Devil was even more great. But The Innkeepers was pretty lame. I liked his segment in V/H/S, though. I'm really interested to see this.

Comment

man the more I think about the Innkeepers the more disappointed I am in it. Just a whole lot of nothing going on in the entire movie.

Comment

Can't wait. HOTD and The Innkeepers were outstanding.

I'll chalk up his pathetic effort in V/H/S to time constraints.

Comment

Working...
                              X