Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sacrament (Ti Wests' new Film) (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
    That documentary is fantastic.

This looks pretty good but I'm not a huge Ti West fan.
    That documentary is one of the scariest things I've ever seen. I couldn't get it out of my head for days.

I'm definitely going to check out The Sacrament. Ti West really knows how to build tension and the flick does look good.

Comment

I consider myself a fan of these guys and the trailer does look great, but part of me also wishes this was just a straight-up Jonestown movie rather than some cockamamie version of it. The real story is terrifying enough as it is, it doesn't need to be jazzed up and modernized.

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
        I consider myself a fan of these guys and the trailer does look great, but part of me also wishes this was just a straight-up Jonestown movie rather than some cockamamie version of it. The real story is terrifying enough as it is, it doesn't need to be jazzed up and modernized.
        Well I'm sure there's legality problems and West would have to, you know, tell the story somewhat accurately which I'm sure takes away a lot of what he would have wanted to do with characters and such.

Haven't seen the trailer but I'm looking forward to this. Reaction seemed pretty good coming out of TIFF.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
          Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
          Well I'm sure there's legality problems and West would have to, you know, tell the story somewhat accurately which I'm sure takes away a lot of what he would have wanted to do with characters and such.

Haven't seen the trailer but I'm looking forward to this. Reaction seemed pretty good coming out of TIFF.
          I hear what you're saying Devils Lyric, but as Se7en has pointed out, I'm sure if it was going to be a straight up Jonestown story there would be a lot of legalities. Don't forget that there are survivors of that atrocity and countless families who lost relatives, including members of US Government so I'm guessing West has tried to recreate the story but framing it from a different angle so not to cause offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayy View Post
            [YOUTUBE]?feature=player_embedded&v=QqDZFMArLjI[/YOUTUBE]
            Will see this in a few weeks time on a Horror film weekend in theatre.
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Jayy View Post
              [YOUTUBE]?feature=player_embedded&v=QqDZFMArLjI[/YOUTUBE]

Gene Jones.....I've never seen him in anything besides No Country For Old Men.
              Witht he pick frozen like that, I thought it was Joe Pesci.

I cannot wait for this, and that trailer made me all the more excited.

Comment

The Sacrament (2014) - Ti West

[YOUTUBE]QqDZFMArLjI[/YOUTUBE]

This is a story that mirrors the Jim Jones cult tragedy. With the people involved and the initial look, to say nothing of my appreciation of movies surrounding strange cults, I think this might be solid.

Comment

Duuuuhuupe
                  "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                    It's hard for me to criticize other's use of the search feature, when I used the search myself and found nothing. Even the similar thread warning that comes up, had nothing to say. Then when I posted mine, both threads pop up.

Awesome.

For your hard work, you get a Goldblum.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                      It's hard for me to criticize other's use of the search feature, when I used the search myself and found nothing. Even the similar thread warning that comes up, had nothing to say. Then when I posted mine, both threads pop up.
                      I searched for Sacrament within the whole forum and instantly found it. U blind?

For your hard work, you get a Goldblum.
                      ...and now you are insulting me with this. I expected a gratifying depravity within the NSFW section than this abomination.
                      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

I searched for Sacrament within the whole forum and instantly found it. U blind?
                        I had no idea search prowess was valued so highly in your culture.

I did in fact do the search, and while it's been difficult to convince you of this fact, I feel confident I'll be able to get on with my life.

...and now you are insulting me with this. I expected a gratifying depravity within the NSFW section than this abomination.
                        You blow hot and cold about this whole depravity thing. Now you show interest in my odd predilections, yet if I post a hot woman peeing on an octopus or a gorgeous Latina tied up and hanging from the ceiling, you go all to pieces.

Which is it, do you want me weird or not?
                        Last edited by Caustic Coffee; 03-06-2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I did in fact do the search, and while it's been difficult to convince you of this fact, I feel confident I'll be able to get on with my life.
                          I don't doubt that you did, but most likely you have read "sack of cement" rather than "sacrament".

You blow hot and cold about this whole depravity thing. Now you show interest in my odd predilections, yet if I post a hot woman peeing on an octopus or a gorgeous Latina tied up and hanging from the ceiling, you go all to pieces.

Which is it, do you want me weird or not?
                          Predilections. You 're always using words I have never heard of before.
                          It's a love/hate thing. I enjoy seeing such shit, but on the other side I am utterly disgusted by it. Feels like I need a shower right afterwards watching it.

But if I did confuse you with this back and forth thing in the first place, than I have already accomplished my mission.

So, what about the Cinemageddon invite I have offered you a while ago? Still interested?
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

I don't doubt that you did, but most likely you have read "sack of cement" rather than "sacrament".
                            Sadly, that is a possibility.

Predilections. You 're always using words I have never heard of before.
                            It's a love/hate thing. I enjoy seeing such shit, but on the other side I am utterly disgusted by it. Feels like I need a shower right afterwards watching it.

I'm going to interpret this as tacit approval of my taste in odd adult entertainment and shall post accordingly tonight.

So, what about the Cinemageddon invite I have offered you a while ago? Still interested?
                            Actually, I probably can do it now. I have a spare work computer I can set up as a slave, so I'll get it fired up for this weekend.

Comment

I'm going to interpret this as tacit approval of my taste in odd adult entertainment and shall post accordingly tonight.
                              Now you got it.
                              Don't listen to my bigot blabbering, just fire all this scum into the NSFW thread. I always love to chuckle while watching this stuff.

Actually, I probably can do it now. I have a spare work computer I can set up as a slave, so I'll get it fired up for this weekend.
                              Seems everything is in order for the new universe to unfold before your very eyes. You will be amazed of the amount of content there. Cinemageddon ist the best thing I have got into since doing torrenting. Describing it as a gold mine is an understatement.
                              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Web rip available from the usual places.

Comment

Working...
                                X