Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V/H/S 2 (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I've only read various post but already this sounds more interesting based on who's in the director chair, producing, etc this go-around.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
      Some first reviews for this are coming out of Sundance, and they've all been really positive so far. I can't wait, and they're saying to expect amazing things from The Raid Director, along with Jason Eisner.
      I just read a few reviews, and they were all so positive, that this is now my most anticipated movie, this year. Reviews say it definitely trumps the first, and that Gareth Evans segment is one of the best shorts in years, and a fair amount of praise has been given to both Eduardo Sanchez's, and Jason Eisner's segments. Cant wait!

      Comment


      • #33
        Well if this trumps the first this is definitely one of my most anticipated movies of the year... I really enjoy VHS

        Comment


        • #34
          The first is mostly disappointing but has its moments and there's enough variety and weirdness to make it entertaining. My problem is the wrap-around with the tapes though, it doesn't make sense in the slightest and has no hook. I don't know how this will be resolved.

          I also hope it has some likeable characters as everyone being a douchebag in the first made it tedious viewing at times.

          Comment


          • #35
            First movie was so damn good. Really looking forward to this.

            Comment


            • #36
              I agree that the shorts are great, its the wrap around story that doesn't work. I was expecting a big payoff with that but just didn't get it. Loved most of the short stories though.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by automaticjoy View Post
                I agree that the shorts are great, its the wrap around story that doesn't work. I was expecting a big payoff with that but just didn't get it. Loved most of the short stories though.
                I think thats why I was kinda disappointed with it. Maybe if I have lower expectations from this one I might like it more.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
                  I think thats why I was kinda disappointed with it. Maybe if I have lower expectations from this one I might like it more.
                  I was let down due to the hype. I was expecting to be blown away due to the overwhelming critical praise but it was nowhere near as scary as I was hoping.

                  It was bloody and had some pretty cool parts but the wrap around segment was fucking awful.

                  I heard the wrap around for the second film doesn't work either but the other segments are so strong it makes up for it.

                  I'll watch it but my expectations will be in check.
                  Bow to the Schlock King

                  B-Movie Madness


                  Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    [YOUTUBE]zHZOoX57yS8[/YOUTUBE]

                    shit looks way better than the first one. (I liked the first)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I'm not watching that trailer. I'm through with this red band trailer bullshit.

                      Looking forward to this, though. The first one was disappointing but the reviews have said this is FAR better than that one.
                      Bow to the Schlock King

                      B-Movie Madness


                      Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                        I'm not watching that trailer. I'm through with this red band trailer bullshit.

                        Looking forward to this, though. The first one was disappointing but the reviews have said this is FAR better than that one.

                        I understand that. For me, personally, trailers, reviews, spoilers, and hype don't ruin movies for me. I can read the entire wiki plot before I watch a movie, and still be surprised by the visual, on film.

                        But this trailer serves its purpose. Def gets you hyped for the movie. Check it out anyways

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                          I understand that. For me, personally, trailers, reviews, spoilers, and hype don't ruin movies for me. I can read the entire wiki plot before I watch a movie, and still be surprised by the visual, on film.

                          But this trailer serves its purpose. Def gets you hyped for the movie. Check it out anyways
                          The green band for awhile back hyped me up enough. Looking forward to this next month.
                          Bow to the Schlock King

                          B-Movie Madness


                          Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                            I'm not watching that trailer. I'm through with this red band trailer bullshit.

                            Looking forward to this, though. The first one was disappointing but the reviews have said this is FAR better than that one.
                            Probably best not to watch the red band trailer. I did and they do show a lot.

                            I didn't like the first one at all but from what I've read this one is supposed to be a lot better so I'll give it a go.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                              The green band for awhile back hyped me up enough. Looking forward to this next month.
                              you don't have to man, it was just a suggestion.

                              Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                              Probably best not to watch the red band trailer. I did and they do show a lot.

                              I didn't like the first one at all but from what I've read this one is supposed to be a lot better so I'll give it a go.
                              but have you read reviews? They basically explain the plot points of each segment, and none of that is spoiled in this trailer.... well maybe the wraparound story is given up too easily, but the rest is simply action.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                                you don't have to man, it was just a suggestion.



                                but have you read reviews? They basically explain the plot points of each segment, and none of that is spoiled in this trailer.... well maybe the wraparound story is given up too easily, but the rest is simply action.
                                I know mein fuhrer. I was just stating I already watched the green band.
                                Bow to the Schlock King

                                B-Movie Madness


                                Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X