Alien 3 (1992)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
    I personally am a fan of Jean Pierre Jeunet and it was saved by his style. The thing that killed it was Joss Whedon's horrible script. The guy should just stick to Firefly and Buffy (and that Marvel shit).. and stay the fuck away from the Alien series.

But I will say that Alien Resurrection is 100X better than Prometheus.
    Big fan of Amelie and Delicatessen here. I couldn't help wondering all the time, is this the same guy?

Comment

Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
      I personally am a fan of Jean Pierre Jeunet and it was saved by his style. The thing that killed it was Joss Whedon's horrible script. The guy should just stick to Firefly and Buffy (and that Marvel shit).. and stay the fuck away from the Alien series.

But I will say that Alien Resurrection is 100X better than Prometheus.
      I don't mind Ressurrection as a pop corn flick... BUT WWWWHHHHHAAAT!?
      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
      Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
      My little idiot..

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
        The extended cut is a huge improvement yet slows it down to a crawl.
        Never seen the extended cut. Does it show a few more scenes with Clemens and Ripley?

Comment

Love this film, definitely one of the most under rated sci-fi horror flicks.

The atmosphere is dark and dreary, the score is perfect, and the story was pretty well done.

The only thing I didn't like was the CGI on the alien in a few parts.
          Latest Horror Movies Watched

• La Horde- 6/10
          • The Loved Ones - 8/10
          • American Mary - 4.5/10
          • Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre - 2/10
          • I Spit On Your Grave(2010) - 7.5/10
          • The Human Centipede - 6.5/10
          • Serbian Film - 9/10

Comment

Alien 3 is amazing.
            - The Truth Is Out There -

Comment

Good to see it get love.

Fincher's best IMO.
              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
              My little idiot..

Comment

Personally I love Alien 3 but it gets a lot of hate and I can kind of see why. There are a lot of plot holes and you can tell the movie had a lot of problems during production. If I remember correctly the script wasn't finished when shooting began and it shows during the film.

I think a lot of people consider it a step back from Aliens, which was action packed and exciting. To go from that to a very grim horror setting is no small change. Killing off Hicks and Newt pissed people off too.

Personally all that stuff I love. I love how incredibly bleak and miserable the film is. I love how it is straight up horror and I appreciate the balls it had to kill off the much loved characters from Aliens.

I can completely forgive the films many many story problems.

Comment

It's grown on me over time and there's a lot to like here. It's not on par to Alien and Aliens, but that's expected. Kind of hard to top that one two punch. If the studio gave Fincher more time to make it his own, and had a more polished script it could have been really special.

Comment

Alien is 3 is very underrated. I love this film and really love the fact it's kind of like the first film. One alien and a crew trying to survive. Aliens was good but it was too much going on.

Comment

I really like Alien 3 and prefer it to Aliens although I've only seen the extended cut which I assume is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayy View Post
                        Alien is 3 is very underrated. I love this film and really love the fact it's kind of like the first film. One alien and a crew trying to survive. Aliens was good but it was too much going on.
                        Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                        I really like Alien 3 and prefer it to Aliens although I've only seen the extended cut which I assume is better.

And yes, the extended cut is a lot better.

My little idiot..

Comment

Aliens was good but it was too much going on.
                          But it was too much going on........Yeah.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                          Jurassic World - 7/10
                          Speed - 8.5/10
                          John Wick - 9.5/10
                          The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                            But it was too much going on........Yeah.
                            You don't understand what I'm saying? Let me break it down for you dipshit.

One alien vs a crew

Numerous aliens vs a crew

Comment

You don't understand what I'm saying? Let me break it down for you dipshit.

One alien vs a crew

Numerous aliens vs a crew

Jayy missing the point as usual

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                                Jayy missing the point as usual
                                The other way around moron.

Do you two tards not understand anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X