Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
    Looking forward to this!

It's getting great early reviews so far...
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_conjuring/
    The early reviews are very promising.

It has a great cast and the trailers are solid. I'm definitely going to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
      It's getting great early reviews so far...
      http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_conjuring/
      This is looking really promising now, I'm getting excited

Comment

I am seeing it on Monday in Waldorf, MD. Anyone wanna meet up?

Comment

Originally posted by CanyonBehindHer View Post
          I am seeing it on Monday in Waldorf, MD. Anyone wanna meet up?
          No. But I will be seeing this on Monday as well.

Comment

On my way out to see this!
            http://slayersragex.dvdaf.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SlayersRage View Post
              On my way out to see this!
              Enjoy!

I'll be watching it next week.

Breathe Life Into A Stone

Comment

Looks like crap in my opinion.

"True Story" "Scariest horror film of all time."

Jesus fucking Christ please. I'm so sick of these jump scare ghost movies that's flooding the markets these days.
                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                My little idiot..

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post

Jesus fucking Christ please. I'm so sick of these jump scare ghost movies that's flooding the markets these days.
                  What other jump scare ghost movies have come out recently? Mama? That's about it recently, if memory serves.

The "True Story" and "Scariest Movie Ever" schtick has been around a looooong time. It works for general audiences, but us bigger horror fans know it is just a bunch of nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
                    What other jump scare ghost movies have come out recently? Mama? That's about it recently, if memory serves.

The "True Story" and "Scariest Movie Ever" schtick has been around a looooong time. It works for general audiences, but us bigger horror fans know it is just a bunch of nonsense.
                    Except in this case it is actually based around two real life characters, Ed and Lorraine Warren. so the true story angle they are going for does have a ring of truth to it in this case.

I'm looking forward to this. The reviews have been stellar.

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post

Women In Black remake, and that other one. I can't remember the name... Where the guy finds those taps in the attic of his new house. A Haunting in Connecticut.

Given, I didn't mind WiB remake. And it's jump scares were minimal and it genuinely stuck to story and atmosphere over going 'BOO!'

The other one had a cool idea, but it feel on it's face, for me anyway. And everything I've seen from this just looks so generic.
                      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                      My little idiot..

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                        Except in this case it is actually based around two real life characters, Ed and Lorraine Warren. so the true story angle they are going for does have a ring of truth to it in this case.

I've read that it is about as true of a story as The Amityville Horror. Not say everything is false either, just take the "True Story" part with a big grain of salt.

Might have to trek out and see this one. Great reviews so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post

Every true story film, has a hint of true story. Even if it's just a character.

We all know it's all 99.9% bullshit though. I'm just so sick of seeing it on everything, hell, it's a deterrent for me. "Oh, it's going to be one of thoooose films, pass."

Amityville Horror, for example 'True Story' blah blah blah load of crap. And then the guy who wrote the original book, came out the other year and admitted it was all just made up. Not that I was at all shocked. But it just goes to show that you can slap it on there without anyone overly questioning it.

My little idiot..

Comment

That's just marketing dude. Every studio horror flick does it in some way.

Women In Black remake, and that other one. I can't remember the name... Where the guy finds those taps in the attic of his new house. A Haunting in Connecticut.
                            This movie is fantastic.

It looks and feels like a James Wan movie (Insidious and Dead Silence in particular) and there are certain plot devices in the film that are extremely generic, but the movie has so much atmosphere and genuine characters that push it beyond your standard haunted house flick. Extremely good acting, tone & a very present 70's vibe really set this apart from most of the horror I've seen released in recent years.

I honestly hope this movie becomes a hit and more studios won't shy away from this type of horror.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                              It looks and feels like a James Wan movie (Insidious and Dead Silence in particular) and there are certain plot devices in the film that are extremely generic, but the movie has so much atmosphere and genuine characters that push it beyond your standard haunted house flick. Extremely good acting, tone & a very present 70's vibe really set this apart from most of the horror I've seen released in recent years.
                              Not a big Wan fan though. His style doesn't really click with me.

I'll likely check it out eventually. I won't pay for it. My boss told me the other day he is getting it this week. He knows I'm well into horror and asked if I wanted to borrow it. I said no. But we'll see.

My little idiot..

Comment

Not a big Wan fan though. His style doesn't really click with me.

I'll likely check it out eventually. I won't pay for it. My boss told me the other day he is getting it this week. He knows I'm well into horror and asked if I wanted to borrow it. I said no. But we'll see.
                                I totally get that. It works for me, IMO he hasn't made a bad movie yet.

I highly recommend seeing it if you get a chance though. You won't be disappointed.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X